BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Mates been speaking to Hanley and Lowe. Lowe said to him last week before season kicked off "I'm looking forward to getting back out there and smashing people". Hanley said he's not going anywhere and that Koita has "the best shot he's ever seen from any player at Rovers with both feet" That was just today.

The lad does seem to have a rocket on him. Just hoping the rest of his game can complement this power and grab us some goals. I noticed he was pretty either footed too which is nice. Hate to see professional players who can't use their weaker foot, drives me insane. Let's hope he can make up for some of Gestede's goals! Hope we keep hold of Rhodes and use them together. If Rhodes leaves we'll still struggle for goals IMO.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad does seem to have a rocket on him. Just hoping the rest of his game can complement this power and grab us some goals. I noticed he was pretty either footed too which is nice. Hate to see professional players who can't use their weaker foot, drives me insane. Let's hope he can make up for some of Gestede's goals! Hope we keep hold of Rhodes and use them together. If Rhodes leaves we'll still struggle for goals IMO.

Early days but I'm of the opinion that might be all he has.

Mates been speaking to Hanley and Lowe. Lowe said to him last week before season kicked off "I'm looking forward to getting back out there and smashing people".

Excellent. When does he plan to start doing that?

I suspect it will be difficult to find someone worse than Brown at profeesional level ...O Maras and Mckinnons place as the pits is under great threat !

O Mara was awful but at least scored one or two for us. On that basis I'd place Brown alongside Mckinnon as the worst striker I've ever witnessed in a Rovers shirt.

Mates been speaking to Hanley and Lowe. Lowe said to him last week before season kicked off "I'm looking forward to getting back out there and smashing people".

Didn't Andy Gray and Richard Keys get sacked for similar comments?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/14/blackburn-eye-wednesday-striker-may/

Anyone seen this? Rovers to take Stevie May on loan from Sheff Wedneday? Hardworking little player with a bit of ability, reminds me a lot of Dickov when I watch him.

Sorry if already posted.

If he is coming in, hope Brown as opposed to Rhodes is going out. 5 strikers seems a tad excessive.

Anyone seen this? Rovers to take Stevie May on loan from Sheff Wedneday? Hardworking little player with a bit of ability, reminds me a lot of Dickov when I watch him.

Sorry if already posted.

Remember him playing very well against us at Elwood last year when they beat us. Caused us problems all game. Not the quickest but hardworking - typical bowyer player

Played really well next to a big lummox of a centre forward. :rover:

So are you seriously suggesting you would replace Rhodes with May and play him alongside your current first choice striker of Brown?

Or are you just being mischievous?

Sorry if already posted.

Kept an eye on May for a few seasons now.

One of my must listen radio shows is Radio Scotland 's

'off the ball'

It's an irreverent and humorous look at Scottish football.

Co host Stuart Cosgrove is a huge Saints fan, and always raved about May.

I'd recommend the show,

You don't need to know anything about the SCottish scene to enjoy it. I don't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079mcc

Back to Stevie May...

He plays the game how it should be played, with enjoyment and energetic enthusiasm.

We lack all those

So are you seriously suggesting you would replace Rhodes with May and play him alongside your current first choice striker of Brown?

Or are you just being mischievous?

How anybody can advocate playing Brown over anyone is beyond me, therefore it's obviously a wind up.

Anybody with eyes that work, that is.

Strachan wont pick him because he's too similar to Rhodes and his goalscoring record outside of Scotland is poor, hhe's just a poor man's Andy carroll

he's absolutely nothing like Andy Carroll, or Rhodes. He's more an enthusiastic runner, a Savage of the front line, with equally delightful hair.

Strachan wont pick him because he's too similar to Rhodes and his goalscoring record outside of Scotland is poor, hhe's just a poor man's Andy carroll

Sorry but I don't understand this statement at all. He's similar to Rhodes, then he's got a poor goalscoring record (unlike Rhodes), but he's a poor man's Andy Carroll, who is nothing like Rhodes.

Toral just scored for Brum against scum...was available on poan from arsenal wonder why wernt we aware im sure hes wages would have been affordable hes scored 2 in 2..instead GENIUS GB looking at Jobi

That genius could be influenced by both wages and any loan fee - so difficult to judge without all the facts.

Archived