BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Don't blame O'Sullivan in the slightest if he wants to move to Barnsley. If he isn't getting first team football now at Rovers then he never will. He can't hang on waiting at his age.

I'm disappointed if he goes because I've seen him come through from the Under 21s and like Lenighan I would like to see him given a run in the first team and go on to become a regular. But I have to trust in the manager who knows these players better than I ever will and have faith that the right decision is being made.

The gripe I have is that young prospects like O'Sullivan, who have been with the club since they were kids and know the club inside out, for whom becoming a first teamer would be a huge thing for them, are being offloaded, yet we are offering the likes of Jobi McAnuff the opportunity to earn a deal here, who is going to be with us for a season or two maximum, will have no resale value and is at the back end of his career.

I'd sooner take the risk and go with what we already have than see one of our own depart and a 33 year old from Leyton Orient arrive.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats with all the ex Reading players apparently another on trial

Has SEM now become SME I wonder ? :blink:

Don't blame O'Sullivan in the slightest if he wants to move to Barnsley. If he isn't getting first team football now at Rovers then he never will. He can't hang on waiting at his age.

I'm disappointed if he goes because I've seen him come through from the Under 21s and like Lenighan I would like to see him given a run in the first team and go on to become a regular. But I have to trust in the manager who knows these players better than I ever will and have faith that the right decision is being made.

The gripe I have is that young prospects like O'Sullivan, who have been with the club since they were kids and know the club inside out, for whom becoming a first teamer would be a huge thing for them, are being offloaded, yet we are offering the likes of Jobi McAnuff the opportunity to earn a deal here, who is going to be with us for a season or two maximum, will have no resale value and is at the back end of his career.

I'd sooner take the risk and go with what we already have than see one of our own depart and a 33 year old from Leyton Orient arrive.

It'll be pitched to Madame that they have taken a lad out of the U21's given him a few games and sold him for a nice %%% mark up seeing as he cost nowt. Then signed somebody on a FREE to replace him with the hope of doing it again. It's the conveyor belt.

Let me just get this straight ... if we sell Rhodes we're out of the embargo, but we won't sell him to 'Boro 'cos Jordan gobbed off in the press? And also, Boro have offered silly money, but not chuckle brother dressed as batman and robin in a space station silly?

Let me just get this straight ... if we sell Rhodes we're out of the embargo, but we won't sell him to 'Boro 'cos Jordan gobbed off in the press? And also, Boro have offered silly money, but not chuckle brother dressed as batman and robin in a space station silly?

Dead and buried that one mate, they bought Ted Nugent :closedeyes: JR stays. Oh and shelfy says its down to 4M to get out of the embargo

If Shaw is correct and we are within one sale of having the embargo lifted, then that suggests that in a few months time, once the pay offs and high salaries e.g. Robinson are out of the accounts then the embargo will be lifted anyway.

If we are as it stands within about £4 million of compliance and embargo lifting then once the big wages are out of the way we will comply.

Best and Robinson were taking £3 million a year out of the club. Once their wages are out of the accounts then there's most of the money Shaw referred to.

Has SEM now become SME I wonder ? :blink:

It'll be pitched to Madame that they have taken a lad out of the U21's given him a few games and sold him for a nice %%% mark up seeing as he cost nowt. Then signed somebody on a FREE to replace him with the hope of doing it again. It's the conveyor belt.

To be fair if he was at another Venky's franchise following the same buisness model O'sullivan now reaching profitable age would be in a bag of Chicken nibblets by now, so Barnsley doesn't seem that bad of a move and production plant manager Mr Gary gets a pat on the back for another succesful chick rearing operation.

If Shaw is correct and we are within one sale of having the embargo lifted, then that suggests that in a few months time, once the pay offs and high salaries e.g. Robinson are out of the accounts then the embargo will be lifted anyway.

If we are as it stands within about £4 million of compliance and embargo lifting then once the big wages are out of the way we will comply.

Best and Robinson were taking £3 million a year out of the club. Once their wages are out of the accounts then there's most of the money Shaw referred to.

I don't think being in the embargo or out of the embargo makes the slightest bit of difference JH.

With Bowyer as manager we're not going up thats for sure and we all know Venkys have given up paying transfer fees for decent players, so embargo or not we're stuffed with Venkys.

Archived