BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

About right.... except the hand ball was a glaring touch into the net from my angle. We were cheated out of at least a point because I also thought the Henley penalty appeal was nailed on

Absolutely, I had a clear view of it and so did the ref! (the pen I mean)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, I had a clear view of it and so did the ref!

The red looked like he was going to rule it out and was looking over to the lines a to back him up. The tinpot lino hadn't seen it so the ref was on his own and bottled it. One of the problems with this league is that the officials are poor in the main. As we drop down the league we will get lesser and lesser able officials. Not meant as an insult but the better ones will get the bigger games.

Edwards didn't even celebrate! He had that look of embarrasment on his face when he realised it had been given.

That and the fact that all our players were complaining should've given the Ref a little idea that it was handball. Especially considering that the wolves players looked slightly ashamed

Hearing villa fans chanting "Rudy" after we've just lost at home to a poor wolves team is pretty depressing!

I think this game was being used by a few fans to see if Bowyer has learnt and we as a team had changed today showed neither has happened and enough is enough.

I thought Rovers played well in spells today. The first 25 minutes was probably the best I've seen Rovers start a game since the Bournemouth Home game last season.

Strange as I distinctly remember getting played off the park for the first 20 minutes of Bournemouth at home last season.

Strange as I distinctly remember getting played off the park for the first 20 minutes of Bournemouth at home last season.

Was a weird game that one. Started second best, scored against the run of play then dominated for 20mins. Second best again for the rest of the match. For once though we capitalised when on top!

Considering that 99% of fans had no high expectations heading into the season, i'm surprised at how angry you lot are after losing a game (you could argue controversially) to a team expected to challenge for promotion.

I only listened to the game, so i'm judging it differently to those that were there, but it didn't sound like Wolves were dominating and looking like a top team. It sounded like we should have left with a point. We probably didn't deserve anything more due to our defending at times and poor decision making but the impression I got was that we certainly weren't as bad as what everyone is making out.

There were obviously a lot of lessons that needed to be learned from today's performance but I also think there were some positives such as the new players, when fully fit, will make us stronger and also the likes of Raya getting more experience in goal. He might not have repeated his display against Leeds but he will become a top player for us.

Let's keep supporting them and give them a break. It's not like it's been an easy summer for the club.

For me it's not a question of being angry just one of resignation to same old, same old.

The first 25 minutes was great, BBE in full voice, Rovers playing well, Rhodes looking every inch a £14m striker, 3-4 really good attempts on goal........... and then for some reason we reverted to type. I spent 25 minutes thinking we were all wrong, perhaps Bowyer has learnt something then I woke up.

I liked the look of Guthrie; Delfouneso I didn't really see much of, I don't think he stood out; Koita showed some nice touches in 15 minutes, two good long range shots, decent control and lay offs, need to see him for a full game.

You're right Tim in that Wolves were not great, nothing to make one think they are promotion contenders and also when you say there are lessons to be learned. The problem is it's the same lessons as last season and the one before!!

A difficult summer for the club? To be honest I don't get that. In what way? Everyone knew we would be in FFP so management should have had s very good idea of the transfer possibilities. We've sold a couple for decent money which is hardly a surprise and there has been a very, very half-hearted attempt by Boro to get Rhodes. Not much else has happened as far as I can see. Business as usual.

On 606 last night there was a brilliant quote from an Everton fan "this wasn't like watching the first game of the new season, it was watching the 39th of last season." I don't watch Everyon but that quote sums up Rovers yesterday perfectly.

I'm not going to rant but Bowyer proved, again, he lacks the ambition and ability to come close to getting this club promoted. Yet for 25 minutes the team showed it does have some real ability.

Under Bowyer a season of boredom and finish 10th to 12th.

We need a new manager.

Having seen the 2nd goal I still think handball or not Raya should be disappointed with his part in the goal. The ball barely changes direction, him heading it or handling it shouldn't stop Raya making the save he just lets the ball hit his chest and drop in. I'm not crucifing the lad just think at this level he needs to do better there.

IMO several positions were very weak yesterday.

Henley and Olsson had very poor games and looked completely out of their depth. I would move Lowe to RB for the next game.

Olsson also looked out of his depth so I would bring back Spurr (not the permanent solution but he's tall and has a good throw).

Midfield - Delfouneso - not sure where he would fit in as he just looked second rate. Guthrie had a decent debut and should be a first choice player. Conway is a busy player but although he got MOTM, I personally felt he was average. Lowe made some decent tackles/headers and I cannot fault his effort but he is not the answer to our CM weakness.

Marshall is our most dangerous IMO, but yesterday he seemed decidedly lacking in motivation.

Our midfield look like they all came out of the same mould - no height, no real speed, no ability to dominate and take the game to the opposition. We need a strong CM.

Koita - could be a decent signing, powerful, good touch and a decent shot, (but not from 40yds).

Hanley and Duffy looked ok to me and Rhodes had an excellent first half hour.

Raya- looked very confident which is good in a keeper. I'd keep him in after yesterday.

After we went one behind we reverted to last season, lots of 'covering spaces' but allowed them to dominate midfield which isolated Rhodes.

Still, it was only the first game.

Hanley and Olsson had very poor games and looked completely out of their depth.

Hanley and Duffy looked ok to me and Rhodes had an excellent first half hour.

You changed your mind swiftly there. Sorry, I couldn't go so I read the various reports avidly.

For me it's not a question of being angry just one of resignation to same old, same old.

The first 25 minutes was great, BBE in full voice, Rovers playing well, Rhodes looking every inch a £14m striker, 3-4 really good attempts on goal........... and then for some reason we reverted to type. I spent 25 minutes thinking we were all wrong, perhaps Bowyer has learnt something then I woke up.

I liked the look of Guthrie; Delfouneso I didn't really see much of, I don't think he stood out; Koita showed some nice touches in 15 minutes, two good long range shots, decent control and lay offs, need to see him for a full game.

You're right Tim in that Wolves were not great, nothing to make one think they are promotion contenders and also when you say there are lessons to be learned. The problem is it's the same lessons as last season and the one before!!

A difficult summer for the club? To be honest I don't get that. In what way? Everyone knew we would be in FFP so management should have had s very good idea of the transfer possibilities. We've sold a couple for decent money which is hardly a surprise and there has been a very, very half-hearted attempt by Boro to get Rhodes. Not much else has happened as far as I can see. Business as usual.

On 606 last night there was a brilliant quote from an Everton fan "this wasn't like watching the first game of the new season, it was watching the 39th of last season." I don't watch Everyon but that quote sums up Rovers yesterday perfectly.

I'm not going to rant but Bowyer proved, again, he lacks the ambition and ability to come close to getting this club promoted. Yet for 25 minutes the team showed it does have some real ability.

Under Bowyer a season of boredom and finish 10th to 12th.

We need a new manager.

Good post. But I'll just query one thing: "BBE in full voice"? The acoustics at Ewood must be poor because we didn't hear a thing. Looking around the ground I was starting to wonder if football has changed from an audience participation sport to an audience observation one. Utterly dead. Even the Wolves fans were quiet until the scored - a "You Only Sing When You're Winning" lot if ever I saw one. Although who are we to talk?

There is not even a sense of anticipation, as there was when we had a Duff, a Hoilett, a Rochina even, more like a sense of que sera sera - without the Wembley bit. Bowyer had systematically taken all of the flair out of this team. Boring et Labore.

I think there is a danger of over-analysing yesterday and drawing too many conclusions.

4 players made their league debut for us. Duffy was out for ages. Plus losing Gestede and King lost us two main ways we attacked teams last season.

Not saying all is well. But we haven't been building on last seasons squad - we have had to sell a couple of our better players and replace them with freebies.

Think fans need to stick with it this season.

• Moderation Lead

Thought the first 20-30 minutes we were on top, then obviously Wolves score right after that!

Some positives: Guthrie, a midfielder that passes forward! Delfouneso looked lively in spells I felt.

Negatives: Is Henley allergic to running down the line and getting a cross in? He just won't do it! Lowe very poor. The players heads went after going a goal down. Obviously their second goal was embarrassing, and still can't believe it was given.

I think there is a danger of over-analysing yesterday and drawing too many conclusions.

4 players made their league debut for us. Duffy was out for ages. Plus losing Gestede and King lost us two main ways we attacked teams last season.

Not saying all is well. But we haven't been building on last seasons squad - we have had to sell a couple of our better players and replace them with freebies.

Think fans need to stick with it this season.

I didn't go but a home loss is not good no matter how you sprinkle glitter on

Archived