BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing about yesterday was that after a summer reading about the club's demise on here I went there and realised it isn't true.

The armageddon hasn't happened, there are still a lot of people who enjoy going to Ewood and cheering on Rovers. We have an ok championship team, with some young players and a couple worth watching.

For those who can't get to games and rely on this messageboard for an accurate picture of what it is like at Rovers, there is still a club at Ewood - and going there is a damn fine way to spend a Saturday.

• Backroom

The best thing about yesterday was that after a summer reading about the club's demise on here I went there and realised it isn't true.

The armageddon hasn't happened, there are still a lot of people who enjoy going to Ewood and cheering on Rovers. We have an ok championship team, with some young players and a couple worth watching.

For those who can't get to games and rely on this messageboard for an accurate picture of what it is like at Rovers, there is still a club at Ewood - and going there is a damn fine way to spend a Saturday.

Isn't most of the club's demise stuff focused on our finances rather than attendance?

As for having an OK Championship team, I'm not so sure. Average/below-average judging from yesterday's line up, and definitely below average if a couple of key players pick up injuries. I suppose that's an inevitability when you're operating in the market we're operating in.

Watched the full game back on rovers player (the new android application is really bloody good). To be honest I thought we played pretty well as a whole.

Negatives

-Lowe and Evans awful back passing and slowing the game down

-Olsson and Henley didn't overlap enough

-After the first 20 minutes until Koita came on Rhodes was isolated

-Delfy looked neat enough but totally ineffective and a bit lost

-Marshall didnt work hard enough off the ball

Positives

-Guthrie is the best midfielder we have had in ages, thought he played really well.

-Conway always provided an outlet and showed good pace

-Koita looks a very good partner for Rhodes, strong, quick, mobile. Will give the defenders a lot to worry about. Plays well with back to goal. Won some in the air too. Will create space for Rhodes and looks like he will get a few goals himself

-Rhodes had a great first 20 mins, really answered his critics but then faded as he got less support

-Duffy and Henley looked pretty decent to my surprise

Gutted we lost. However if we can find the best partner for Guthrie from our six central mids, drop Delfy and replace with Koita and play him up top with Rhodes I feel like we will have a pretty good team to be honest.

Of course lose Rhodes and things look less good.

• Backroom

Up until recently I had no interest in this season - after yesterday I'm tempted to buy a ticket for Tuesday.

Koita and Guthrie alone gave me hope that we can with a little tinkering be more balanced than last season

Up until recently I had no interest in this season - after yesterday I'm tempted to buy a ticket for Tuesday.

Koita and Guthrie alone gave me hope that we can with a little tinkering be more balanced than last season

Careful Tom, you're becoming delusional :glare:

One reason Olsson may not have pushed on too much yesterday could have been their right back was absolutely rapid. He could practically afford to play wing back as he could easily make up ground to catch Conway if he got the wrong side.

The support yesterday was great. Wasn't knocking it at all. Good numbers and noise. Lovely day at Ewood!

When you say bowyer has been able to shape his team I would just mention that he hasn't exactly had a free reign. He inheritted some awful players on obscene contracts - some of whom have only just left and we will be paying off for a while yet.

I doubt Bowyer would have chosen the likes of Marrow if he had a blank cheque and hadn't had to pay Murphy and Etuhu to do nothing.

I think over all Bowyer's transfer dealings have been good all things considered.

So why isn't the club swelled with positivity from a local prospective and the crowds bigger.

It's the hope that gets ya.

Very very undecided about Tuesday. Last season Bowyer treated the League Cup with utter contempt and put out a very weak side who responded with a very lethargic performance and were undone by a very poor lower league side. Will see how I feel tomorrow or Tuesday.

Very very undecided about Tuesday. Last season Bowyer treated the League Cup with utter contempt and put out a very weak side who responded with a very lethargic performance and were undone by a very poor lower league side. Will see how I feel tomorrow or Tuesday.

Think we will probably see an entirely different XI except for Hanley and a couple of others. Expect Koita and Kilgallion to play. Maybe something like:-

------------------Steele

Henley----Hanley--------Killer---Spurr

Conway----Williamson---Petschi--O'Sullivan

------------Brown-------Koita

I'd like to see Tomlinson get some game time. Really doubt Guthrie will play.

Tinkering ? Oh you can bet your house there'll be plenty of that ...all flippin season if last was anything to go by :blink:

A bit gutted to lose in the manner that we did a few positives for me.

. Really enjoyed the first half particularly 25 mins

. Atmosphere was better especially from Blackburn End

. I thought Delfouneso looked promising albeit not a winger

. Hanley looked more composed

. Rhodes was up for it until we cut him out of the game second half

. Guthrie looks an improvement on what we had

. Koita looks like he could be a cult figure

. If Wolves are tipped as promotion contenders we aren't far off

Ungrateful ? are you taking the micheal.

It's only a game of football.

He doesn't have a clue, JAL. Not one iota.

Please don't waste your time quoting him. He's on ignore for a reason.

He doesn't have a clue, JAL. Not one iota.

Please don't waste your time quoting him. He's on ignore for a reason.

Is the poster not a female Stuart but I take your point.

Duffy looked to lose his marker for both goals.

Because it's surrounded by ungrateful locals like you, mustard, Stuart, Athlete etc etc etc

Oh yes, us folk who express an opinion on this here forum are the reasons there's a lack of positivity around. Nothing to do with all that's gone on/going on at the club...

Is the poster not a female Stuart but I take your point.

Duffy looked to lose his marker for both goals.

Didn't know that. Take your word for it.

Changes nothing mind.

Oh yes, us folk who express an opinion on this here forum are the reasons there's a lack of positivity around. Nothing to do with all that's gone on/going on at the club...

Those who are unhappy with Bowyer's negativity are seen as negative.

Those who are happy with his negativity are seen as positive.

I don't think people have grasped this yet. :wacko:

Archived