BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

I don't know if they will be any match preview for this game

I thought I would ask what would people formation and team for this game?

my formation would be 4-2-3-1

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Lowe, Guthrie; O'Sullivan, Marshall, Conway; Rhodes

subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Spurr, Tomlinson, Koita, Delfonueso(I expect him to sign before Saturday), Petshi,

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think we need to sign a midfielder called Arr ideally, just so we can play a midfield of

Arr Lowe Guthrie

Anyway I like chaddys team up there although Hanley would be behind Killa and Duffy jn the pecking order

I know little about O'Sullivan and less about Koita but one of them would be the wildcard on the right.

I am going to miss this one but at least the ST will go to good use. I look forward to the post game MB (not!). I reckon an easy win for Wolves of say 0-3 or 0-4.

The game I was looking forward to but again have to miss due to events elsewhere was the Shrewbury home game and seeing the talent we have coming thru behind the 1st team stars.

Raya

Henley Hanley Killa Olsson

O'Sullivan Lowe Guthrie Conway

Marshall

Rhodes

Rovers 2-1

Att. 15750

Agree with this team though think it will be a 4231 rather than 4411. Player for player its a good side for the Championship. All of those players would get into a top eight team with the exception of maybe O'Sullivan and Lowe.

Hope O'Sullivan can grab his chance and give us a bit of pace to get the opposition to drop deeper to help out Rhodes. Also key is Hanley show he is a new player this year.

Would really like to see Tomlinson get some minutes. Really like the look of him.

Rhodes sucking it up and putting the yards in is crucial. He looked royally fd off in the Wigan game. He might let his head drop, but hopefully too professional for that.

If Rhodes is out due to an 'injury' I guess it will be Koita in at the deep end.

Not sure Delfy will sign. Sounds like we are looking at other striking options.

Rovers 1 Wolves 3

16,129 (4k Wolves)

It's going to be a reality check I think. We might even play quite well but come up short. The usual things will bite us on the backside aided by the situation we are in. "If only we'd have kept Rudy and sold Rhodes we'd ave won that" some at Ewood will howl. :rover:

Wolves seem to have acquired some serious fire power and, although there was a moderate improvement in our goals against column at the back end of last year, I worry about us defensively. This is a left field line up and I'm ready to be told it's crap but would this team make us more solid and difficult to beat? -

----------------Steele

Lowe---------Kilgallon---- Duffy -------Spurr

----------------- Guthrie (or Willaimson)

Henley-------------------------------------Olsson

----------Marshall--------Conway

------------------Rhodes

I'm just thinking that three of the back four are first and foremost defenders. I know that Lowe is a midfielder but I'm struggling at right back if Henley moves forward. Olsson and Henley are nippy and like to get down the flanks but the both have defensive qualities. Guthrie, from what I've read, can pas and tackle, so I would hope that he could get us going forward as well shielding the back four. We would be reliant on Conway and mostly Marshall for our creativity but, one or both could drop into central midfield alongside Guthrie with the two wide players tucking in if necessary if we are getting overrun. For me we have to be solid and difficult to beat if we are going to have even a halfway decent season. Bring on the ridicule!

I'd most certainly start Steele if he's fit.

As for Hanley, wondering if starting him would be beneficial in terms of squad harmony. If he's popular in the dressing room, as well as being the managers choice for captain, then it could (but not necessarily) do more damage to drop him in the long run, even if I believe Kilgallon gets the best out of Duffy.

I'm going for a one one draw.

It is strange how Raya has started so much in pre-season, I thought there would be a more even balance...is Steele injured at all? It's an interesting one. I like Raya a lot from what i've seen so far.

Aside from that I don't expect anything from this game. Wolves and in particular Kenny Jackett seem to have the better of GB tactically and I feel that this trend will continue. Hope i'm wrong!

I'm going for 1-2, with Afobe to get both goals for Wolves and a consolation goal from Marshall for Rovers.

I don't know if they will be any match preview for this game

I thought I would ask what would people formation and team for this game?

my formation would be 4-2-3-1

Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Lowe, Guthrie; O'Sullivan, Marshall, Conway; Rhodes

subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Spurr, Tomlinson, Koita, Delfonueso(I expect him to sign before Saturday), Petshi,

Your 2 seems to be a complete waste of space and handicaps the team

It's just like playing with nine men chaddy.

Archived