BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guthrie and O'Sullivan are 'a complete waste of space'?

Why have two players there when your employing a back four to do the job and no chris Im not saying those players are a waste of space.

Why have two players there when your employing a back four to do the job and no chris Im not saying those players are a waste of space.

Fair enough. I'm not for one moment saying that Bowyer is a Championship Mourinho but haven't Chelsea deployed Willian and Matic together in front Cahill and Terry to great success?

For me rovers 0 wolves 2, better team, far superior manager

Kenny Jackett is 10 years older than Bowyer, has been a manager for about 8 years longer, and has never got a team promoted to the Premier League at any of his clubs.

Add to that he's never had to work under a transfer embargo and has been able to build Wolves up virtually from scratch in League One where they had resources their opponents could only dream of.

Last season they had the momentum from League One and spent a considerable sum to achieve 2 places higher than us. I'm hardly in awe at his managerial credentials.

I don't think they will be the next Pep Guardiola/Barcelona combination.

Fair enough. I'm not for one moment saying that Bowyer is a Championship Mourinho but haven't Chelsea deployed Willian and Matic together in front Cahill and Terry to great success?

How many times do you see Matic and William passing it back and sideways with no purpose at all. William carries the ball can score can create which is a big difference plus both make the pitch look small with their speed.

Your 2 seems to be a complete waste of space and handicaps the team

It's just like playing with nine men chaddy.

Not at all cos our full back will push and overlap the wingers whilst our 2 def mids protect the back 4.

I expect Wolves to go 4-4-2

How many times do you see Matic and William passing it back and sideways with no purpose at all. William carries the ball can score can create which is a big difference plus both make the pitch look small with their speed.

Chelsea play Cesc next to Matic most of the time but Mourinho puts Ramiers in there with both to be solid defensively against the top teams.

Not at all cos our full back will push and overlap the wingers whilst our 2 def mids protect the back 4.

If you have two attacking full backs who's up front to head the ball into the net now.

Chelsea play Cesc next to Matic most of the time but Mourinho puts Ramiers in there with both to be solid defensively against the top teams.

In your opinion

What has age got to do with it? At this moment he's far better manager, which you cant deny and the embargo thing is just another cop-out

Unfortunately , the embargo will be used all season as a ready made

excuse for poor performances ....They knew it was coming didn't they ?

• Backroom

As captain Hanley has to start if fit, doesn't he? If he was going to be behind Kilgallon and Duffy I imagine the captaincy would have gone elsewhere during the summer.

Whilst Wolves probably have the edge over us squad wise and definitely do manager wise, we're never easy to beat at Ewood. Think this'll end in a draw. 1-1.

Jackett seems to have had the Indian sign over us over the last few years since Millwall beat us in the Cup quarter final replay.

Difficult to see that not continuing on Saturday but new season, clean slate, so who knows.

Last season at Ewood they murdered us and should of won by 3 or 4 only for some woeful finishing..

What has age got to do with it? At this moment he's far better manager, which you cant deny and the embargo thing is just another cop-out

Age is relevant because Jackett's been around a lot longer. So anyone pointing to his performance in years gone by cannot compare him to Bowyer who has only been around a fraction of the time. It would be more relevant to look at Jackett's Championship performance at Wolves, as that is the only point at which he has been in the same division as Bowyer as a manager. Winning League One at a canter with a club the size of Wolves who were 12 months out of the Premier League does not make anyone a great manager.

Jackett has been a manager for 12 seasons (1 at Watford, 3 at Swansea, 6 at Millwall, 2 at Wolves).

In that period of time his highest ever League finish was last season, when he finished 7th in the Championship.

Bowyer has been a manager for 2 seasons and has finished 8th and 9th in the Championship.

Where's the evidence that he's a 'far better manager' other than finishing 2 places above us with far greater resources?

Age is relevant because Jackett's been around a lot longer. So anyone pointing to his performance in years gone by cannot compare him to Bowyer who has only been around a fraction of the time. It would be more relevant to look at Jackett's Championship performance at Wolves, as that is the only point at which he has been in the same division as Bowyer as a manager. Winning League One at a canter with a club the size of Wolves who were 12 months out of the Premier League does not make anyone a great manager.

Jackett has been a manager for 12 seasons (1 at Watford, 3 at Swansea, 6 at Millwall, 2 at Wolves).

In that period of time his highest ever League finish was last season, when he finished 7th in the Championship.

Bowyer has been a manager for 2 seasons and has finished 8th and 9th in the Championship.

Where's the evidence that he's a 'far better manager' other than finishing 2 places above us with far greater resources?

I beg to differ on the far better resources issue as imo our squad last season on paper was a country miles better than wolves

But the games not played on paper.. Ah well

Last season at ewood was bad because of

a) bad midfield partnership (willowe)

B) players out of position (baptiste at rb and cairney at right wing)

c) playing 442 against them. (without the players to play that position)

I am more optimistic about this year if Jordan Rhodes stays provided the formation is a 4231.

1. Rhodes as a lone striker is a strict NO NO but a gem of a finisher

2. Someone has to play in the hole. Marshall etc

3. Guthrie is way above what we currently have. (Some good passing inside the box please, maybe a good through pass here and there to rhodes)

4. Full backs have improved. (hopefully can provide not only crosses but can help cut inside when required)

5. Wingers are in good from. Convey got some good goals in pre-season. Think there will be more shooting from range.

Even poised match at 0-0 or 1-1 or even a cheeky 1-0 win. Hopeful thoughts.

Molineux is the closest ground to me these days so we get a lot of Wolves in the press and in the pubs and restaurants.

They expect play offs this season, believe they have a manager that can achieve that and are confident of a win away at Blackburn, a club in turmoil.

To a man/woman they all say Rhodes is the.key, pity our fans don't appreciate him more.

Whatever the formation, I'm looking forward to hopping on a train at Glasgow Central on Saturday morning to come down and cheer the lads on. First game of the season is always a special one, and despite all the doom and gloom and the embargo etc, we may yet surprise a few people. Guthrie was a key signing for us, just what we lacked last season, and we also have Lowe and Duffy back as well. People seem to be writing us off a bit too quickly. Worse squads than ours have got to the play offs in the past. If we can tighten up at the back - and Lowe will be a big help in that regard - and midfield can chip in with a few extra goals to offset Rudy's, then who knows?

All of the above is on the assumption that we keep Rhodes, obviously. If we don't, then I fear a bit of a struggle.

COYB!

Archived