BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I will be listening in Anglesey though. But you can fill me in. Make sure you throw in a few unprovoked insults ;)

Your constant whinging and smart arsery is insufferable enough, when you add glorying in not having witnessed what you are telling everyone about, it's provocation.

No. I will be listening in Anglesey though. But you can fill me in. Make sure you throw in a few unprovoked insults ;)

I've not insulted you, don't be so bloody touchy.

You live 9 miles away from the ground, never go, and are all over every topic slagging EVERYTHING about the club off, you're bound to be pulled up once in a while Shaun.

How will you be listening in Anglesey?

1-1

You know what AJW I have absolutely no idea what to expect tomorrow.

Wolves are going to be decent this season, they're certainly stronger than last and outplayed us twice.

So because of that, and that fact we're significantly weaker than last season,

I'll go for 1-2 Wolves.

As Rhodes is staying then I think this setup would suit him better than 4231. We played it for half a dozen games last season. It has its disadvantages but gives Rhodes the supply he needs.

---------------Raya

Henley---hanley--kilgallion---olsson

---------------Lowe

-------Guthrie-------Conway

-------------Marshall

--------Rhodes------Koita/Delfy

Major advantages are Rhodes gets a lot of support through the middle which is what he prefers. His strike partner and Marshall can get close to him even if we are playing a deep line. Also Marshall gets the free role that suits him.

Downsides are we will lack width, although Henley and Olsson are good on the overlap so that would help. Also, most worryingly, the midfield could be overpowered by decent sides as you really only have three mids defending (Lows, Guthrie, Conway).

Nonetheless it would work to Rhodes strengths much better than him drifting around on his own well away from the rest of the team trying to trap balls howitzerd to him. Marshall could find the through balls, koita/Delfy the knockdowns and layoffs.

With Gestede gone we should build around Rhodes. Our main attacking game plan should be getting him the ball close to goal with not much to do but score

It's the obvious plan but we need the players to do that when the defences are deep. Too far from goal and he get's caught. Trouble is that a lot of teams have twigged that if you play a high line you can catch him when he starts from the shoulder of the last defender.

It's the obvious plan but we need the players to do that when the defences are deep. Too far from goal and he get's caught. Trouble is that a lot of teams have twigged that if you play a high line you can catch him when he starts from the shoulder of the last defender.

True. Without any blistering pace to keep oppositions pegged back we need to play in the way Brentford did last season - attacking with at least 3 players at a time with others quickly supporting. If we can get enough players up there passing the ball about in and around the opposition box then hopefully it eventually falls to Rhodes.

I am hoping that with the likes of Conway, Marshall & O'Sullivan (guessing on that one as I haven't seen him much) we can have a few, energetic, attack-minded players involved to achieve the above. I think Cairney going almost helps us towards this style as he was a bit slower than Conway and Marshall and swaggered about with possession in deep areas looking for that perfect pass.

I think last year our tactics meant we were less than the sum of our parts - in that our individual players were better than how the team performed over all. Really hope Bowyer and his team can get us playing in an attacking system.

No you can't if the run is well timed, the ball is well played and the defender is on his heels. Rhodes is always trying to make those sort of runs, trouble is, last season especially, we never pick him out.

£29 for a ticket in JW upper wings tomorrow.

For those that think you don't save money with a ST, I'm pretty sure you do at those sort of rates!

No you can't if the run is well timed, the ball is well played and the defender is on his heels. Rhodes is always trying to make those sort of runs, trouble is, last season especially, we never pick him out.£29 for a ticket in JW upper wings tomorrow.

For those that think you don't save money with a ST, I'm pretty sure you do at those sort of rates!

Good post Rev. Pity I will miss tomorrow. We need to play to Rhodes strengths, where else will be get a 20+ per season striker?

No you can't if the run is well timed, the ball is well played and the defender is on his heels. Rhodes is always trying to make those sort of runs, trouble is, last season especially, we never pick him out.

He's too slow. How many goals has he scored from outside the area?

True. Without any blistering pace to keep oppositions pegged back we need to play in the way Brentford did last season - attacking with at least 3 players at a time with others quickly supporting. If we can get enough players up there passing the ball about in and around the opposition box then hopefully it eventually falls to Rhodes.

I am hoping that with the likes of Conway, Marshall & O'Sullivan (guessing on that one as I haven't seen him much) we can have a few, energetic, attack-minded players involved to achieve the above. I think Cairney going almost helps us towards this style as he was a bit slower than Conway and Marshall and swaggered about with possession in deep areas looking for that perfect pass.

I think last year our tactics meant we were less than the sum of our parts - in that our individual players were better than how the team performed over all. Really hope Bowyer and his team can get us playing in an attacking system.

Our problem last season Bucks was the defence and midfield. I believe that is our priority. Anyhow enjoy the game and brilliant on you attending from such a distance.

Very tough game this one against a quick, strong team. They'll probably try to suck us in and hit us on the counter (they were a very effective counter-attacking team last season by all accounts). 4-5-1 therefore seems the logical set-up.

I'd take 1-1, but hopefully we can nick it.

COYB

He's too slow. How many goals has he scored from outside the area?

Give him the ball in the area then!

Oh wait a minute we have done, that's why he scores 20+ a season.

Give over den.

You know what AJW I have absolutely no idea what to expect tomorrow.

Wolves are going to be decent this season, they're certainly stronger than last and outplayed us twice.

So because of that, and that fact we're significantly weaker than last season,

I'll go for 1-2 Wolves.

i just think its a game both managers would be happy to take a draw ( yes even as early as this ) from for different reasons

i just think its a game both managers would be happy to take a draw ( yes even as early as this ) from for different reasons

I think you're right, but on last seasons showing I think Wolves may have to much for us if they're quick out of the traps.

1st day of the season make me rich bet includes both teams to score with wolves winning, only gamble appears to be whether we score.

What the hell are the line ups people are posting, welling up a bit looking at what we've become all no marks and journeymen.

Never been more clueless about the quality or seeming lack of in a rovers team.

1 - 4 wolves. line ups above look horrible.

Give him the ball in the area then!

Oh wait a minute we have done, that's why he scores 20+ a season.

Give over den.

I think you Jordaiairres need to get together.

Some of you think his all round game is good, some of you think it's not so good. Some of you think it's everybody else's fault, while some think it doesn't matter.

Are you sure you know what you're watching?

Get a room guys and sort it out.

😀

Well it's that time of year when I turn into a 10 year old and get all optimistic about the season ahead.

The squad is another older, yes we've lost Rudy, Bieber, King and Dunny (although the latter 2 only played fleetingly) we have signed a proper midfielder, the key to any game is to control the middle, has Right Good Go Gaz stumbled upon a winning formula?!

4-2-3-1 can be a very solid formation. Jordan can make a nuisance of himself between opposition Centre Halves and hopefully Marshall, Conway and A.N. Other can make late runs in and around the box.

Centre Half partnership worries me, we all know 2 cloggers doesn't work so which Clogger do you pick to go alongside Kilgallon? If he picks Hanley and Duffy then he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson from any season (Bowyer is racking up far too many games to be considered a novice now) full-backs pick them self and I think Gaz will opt for Raya (resale value) for the forseeable.

Wolves look handy up top, but as I'm feeling giddy I'm going for 2-1 Rovers with useless Rhodes to bag 2.

COYB

Archived