BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To a man/woman they all say Rhodes is the.key, pity our fans don't appreciate him more.

Of course they do - he's currently the subject of a £14m bid from Boro and gets mentioned the most because he's a well known goalscorer.

Did you ask these men/women how many times they'd watched him live to come to their clearly indisputable conclusions?

Molineux is the closet ground to me these days so we get a lot of Wolves in the press and in the pubs and restaurants.

They expect play offs this season, believe they have a manager that can achieve that and are confident of a win away at Blackburn, a club in turmoil.

To a man/woman they all say Rhodes is the.key, pity our fans don't appreciate him more.

Who has said that they dont appreciate Rhodes Gav?

If they beat us Gav, it'll be because they have a better team than us. Rhodes won't come into that.

As we all know, the best team doesn't always win den, look at the vast majority of our home wins last season :rock:

Of course they do - he's currently the subject of a £14m bid from Boro and gets mentioned the most because he's a well known goalscorer.

Did you ask these men/women how many times they'd watched him live to come to their clearly indisputable conclusions?

Yes, most had, and they also pointed to his goal scoring record :tu:

Uddersfield - Appearances 124 goals 73

Blackburn Rovers - Appearances 134 goals 73

I couldn't argue with that, indisputable evidence, he's the best striker outside the Premiership and one of the most prolific in Europe.

Over to you.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it yet, but I think you could put your mortgage on ALF bagging one at some point.

Can see this being a narrow defeat with plenty of positives thrown into the post-match presser by Gaz ("did ever so well", "ran one of the favourites close", "wouldn't have known how young this side is", "right good go").

Not liking this Rhodes alone up front business, which people are talking about. He needs someone alongside him.

On another note, Wolves were miles better than us last season, both home and away. I can see them walking all over us, with a chorus of jeers at half time. I'm going for 1-4 Wolves, with us very rarely getting out our own half.

Not liking this Rhodes alone up front business, which people are talking about. He needs someone alongside him.

On another note, Wolves were miles better than us last season, both home and away. I can see them walking all over us, with a chorus of jeers at half time. I'm going for 1-4 Wolves, with us very rarely getting out our own half.

I wasn't going to comment, but since you have Scotch:

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE SMOKING? RHODES ON HIS OWN UP FRONT? DO YOU GO TO GAMES?

Thats better......

Agree with this. It's the ideal sort of game to play King on own up top like we did against Swansea and Stoke. Sadly we don't have that pace as an option anymore.

I think we will play very deep as Grant and Killer worry about Wolves getting in behind, and we will be reduced to lumping the ball to Rhodes all day and he won't get a sniff.

Hate to be depressing but that's the way it looks.

• Backroom

Looking forward to this game, taking my under 9s footy team for the pre-match flag waving/half time penalty shootout. I presume it will be many of their first games so hope we get a couple of goals to cheer!

I would go for...

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY KILGALLON OLSSON

MARSHALL GUTHRIE LOWE CONWAY

O'SULLIVAN RHODES

I can't remember now, but during Rhodes' first (and most prolific) season with us, didn't he start on his own up front?

Then again, I'd feel a lot better if someone was with him. If Marshall supports him and we don't resort to constantly hammering it at him it might work.

I can't remember now, but during Rhodes' first (and most prolific) season with us, didn't he start on his own up front?

Then again, I'd feel a lot better if someone was with him. If Marshall supports him and we don't resort to constantly hammering it at him it might work.

We didn't play so much hoofball at that time

I think Rhodes is better with a number 10 player than a another striker up front.

In his first season with us he played up front on his own for most of it.

I think Rhodes and Marshall could be very good partnership.

You have said this all summer. Why has it taken you so long to cotton on? You have been supporting and defending Bowyer decisions all this time with little reward, with goals conceeded almost matching goals scored.

Flood midfield, protect our defence and try and be hard to beat. Bowyer should have adopted this tactic two years ago, especially a\way from home. There is nothing wrong with winning 1-0.

Rovers fans like singing 4-4-2 like it actually means something. Well if you have two fast wingers and two very good central midfielders then you can play this way. With little pace outside, central midfielders with little creativity and the constant ability to concede then 4-5-1 is clearly far more sensible.

Tough game ahead. Not looking forward to the result. Fingers crossed.;

Give him balls on the deck and he'll be fine. He did alright first season like that, it probably suits him hanging about between the two defenders. Useless for the long ball though so tell the centre backs to aim for the wings if they must go long and let one of them get after it.

Having said that I think we might see Delf up there with him on Sat.

I think Rhodes is better with a number 10 player than a another striker up front.

In his first season with us he played up front on his own for most of it.

I think Rhodes and Marshall could be very good partnership.

I tend to agree with that Chaddy but I'm not convinced that Marshall is the right partner. However I have to admit that I can't think of a better one on the books. Please don't let it be Chris Brown.

Archived