BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

For a 4-2-3-1 system to work the "3" need to chip in with at least 20 goals between them do you think Marshall Conway and (at the moment) Koite have that in them ?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you Jordaiairres need to get together.

Some of you think his all round game is good, some of you think it's not so good. Some of you think it's everybody else's fault, while some think it doesn't matter.

Are you sure you know what you're watching?

Get a room guys and sort it out.

😀

Elvis backing singers, top quality those chaps.

Limited ability, goal machine, is my take on Jordan, never said anything different.

Paid to score goals, does just that, lucky to have him.

No you can't if the run is well timed, the ball is well played and the defender is on his heels. Rhodes is always trying to make those sort of runs, trouble is, last season especially, we never pick him out.

£29 for a ticket in JW upper wings tomorrow.

For those that think you don't save money with a ST, I'm pretty sure you do at those sort of rates!

thats why at these prices we wont have many match day walk ons....

Your constant whinging and smart arsery is insufferable enough, when you add glorying in not having witnessed what you are telling everyone about, it's provocation

you going for a few match beers on Livesey 2moro with Rovers Shaun or a round of golf before with the nodding dog gordon ?....

I doubt it ? people who dont go dont patronise those who do

thats why at these prices we wont have many match day walk ons....

you going for a few match beers on Livesey 2moro with Rovers Shaun or a round of golf before with the nodding dog gordon ?....

I doubt it ? people who dont go dont patronise those who do

I will be on the other side of the globe but you knew that of course. If I was in the UK I would be at Ewood for the match not being pleased with myself for being somewhere else and telling those who were there how it is.

You are as dense as a black hole. If you must reply do so via pm but try to leave out the paedophile, incest and beastiality references this time.

2-0 Wolves for me.

I do feel this season is make-or-break for Bowyer. Obviously I'm disappointed that he didn't do better last season with two of the League's top scorers in his side, and tactically there are big question marks - especially defensively. First ten-to-a-dozen games dictate his fate (though heck only knows what the Venkys' target for this season actually is!) in my opinion. Bottom-half, he probably has to go.

However, I feel oddly optimistic about this season. Remember that Burnley got promoted with a team of settled players - none of which you'd say were World beaters - and one goalscorer, which this season is the first in a while where I feel we have something similar.

Wolves have an excellent squad though - even minus Sako - so would be happy with 1-1. Marshall for us, one of their newbies for them.

Here we go again! I personally think this will be a very long and hard season, unlike some I get absolutely no pleasure from saying this. My hope is that we actually learn from mistakes this year-Defending too deep when taking the lead.

Not defending set pieces.

Passing side ways and backwards then hoofing to Rhodes (insert name of striker here).

Some points I definitely blame Bowyer others I certainly blame the players. One thing I'd say is most important the players don't need us on their backs from day one, I'd say we have very few if any "egos" amongst the players now. I'm not naive enough to think Ewood will be booming, I certainly won't be signing from the rooftops after 30 seconds but I certainly won't be slamming the early break downs in play either.

Yeah we can moan all we want on here and scrutinise everything and everyone, that's the idea even if some oddly take offence to it.

On the ground though we've got to get behind and stay behind the team. Can't be doing with those who sit there in silence waiting for a kean up to groan about. Hopefully the situation we are in and the fact we are playing a good side may galvanize the crowd a bit.

Just think about it people, the more we cheer the less the coach can blame the environment for any failings :rover:

However, I feel oddly optimistic about this season. Remember that Burnley got promoted with a team of settled players - none of which you'd say were World beaters - and one goalscorer, which this season is the first in a while where I feel we have something similar.

Wolves have an excellent squad though - even minus Sako - so would be happy with 1-1. Marshall for us, one of their newbies for them.

I feel the same, hopefully a compact squad and a siege mentality will foster a strong team spirit, a bit like the Dingles had. b*rnly had Vokes to supplement Ings though and we need the equivalent of a big scratch card win for Kiota or Delf to replicate that. Can Bowyer show that he has learnt how to organise his team to be difficult to beat as Dyche did? Not for me but if you can't have a little optimism before the opening game you might as well jack sport in and start following the Aussie cricket team.

Wolves have spent heavily this summer and I can see them blowing teams away with their fire power this season, starting with us.

• Backroom

England will win back the Ashes tomorrow but I know Rovers will spoil the feeling of euphoria by losing. Wolves 2-0 and the start of very long, hard season.

If we don't see the annual relegation thread until after Christmas I think we'll be ok

I'm looking forward to it, i think that's mainly down to having to expectation of success, looking forward to the Burnley games as well with less pressure than when we still held the record

I think we will lose by 2 to 3 goals, but then win the next two league games

I think wolves are one of the best sides in the division this season and it's going to show tomorrow

Survive this season (I'm expecting around 12th ) then come out of the embargo and be more competitive next season, would love another cup run though ha

Tough opener.

Wolves will be cheered on by 4000 expectant supporters and are expected to mount a top 6 finish.

Rovers have not looked convincing in pre season in terms of controlling games and I felt the 3-0 last week certainly flattered us.

I'd take a point before the game as I think this is going to be a tough season for us. We need to be picking up points at home to ensure we dont end up in a relegation dog fight. Games come thick and fast in the first few weeks of the season and its important we put a marker down to keep the crowd on side.

Im not sure what our best team is at this stage and I think Bowyer will have the same dilemma.

Its vital when the tranfer window closes, we have not lost any more key players.

I think we need to somehow add some creativity to the squad,because any injuries to Rhodes, Marshall or Conway will put us in a precarious position.

I expect a season of interviews after games , which consist of Bowyer stating how the opposition spent this and that , how one of their players cost more than what Bowyer has spent since he became our manager. I expect FFP and the size of our squad to be rolled out every other week too.

Whilst the above is true, we just have to get on with it, teams have spent peanuts before and had good seasons, as Ipswich did last season.

Well. Happy match day everyone!

On holiday so will miss the first 3 home league matches (and Burnley in October grrrrr) Hoping for some good reports and updates on here this afternoon!

Always optimistic at the start of a season but head says we are getting a lesson today. Wolves gave us a chasing last year and could have scored 4 or 5 at Ewood. Full of pace and power up front and wide - everything we need to be IMO.

Lets hope that this time slow and steady wins the race!

1-3 Wolves - (Rhodes)

I do feel this season is make-or-break for Bowyer. Obviously I'm disappointed that he didn't do better last season with two of the League's top scorers in his side, and tactically there are big question marks - especially defensively. First ten-to-a-dozen games dictate his fate (though heck only knows what the Venkys' target for this season actually is!) in my opinion. Bottom-half, he probably has to go.

Didn't Vokes score quite a lot that season as well?

Looking forward to the game but don't have a clue what to expect from it. It's a beautiful day so strolling down LBR to watch the Rovers will start the season with anticipation and an enjoyable afternoon.

I've just finished reading Guardian Sport. First day of the new season and apart from an article on Burnley the only mention the Championship gets is the fixture list printed one inch in height and two wide. For me this sums up the shyte state of football in this country. Thank you Rupert Murdoch.

It's not just the championship that fails to get a mention. Here in France we listen to 5 live a lot. Most programmes focus on the top 5 clubs. I haven't a clue how teams like Everton, West Bromwich, Leicester are doing in the transfer window or expect to do this year. Bournemouth seem to be the only other club of interest. It gets worse every season. Need to stop sky subscription and tell them it's because their coverage of football isn't genuine any more

I think a quote from Homer Simpson sums up the clubs mantra this season: "Aim low. Aim so low that nobody will even care if you succeed." Plus if we set the bar so artificially low we can all laud what a managerial genius gazzy is.

I'm going for 0 points for the whole season anything more than that obviously the owners are clearly learning and care about us and the manager is a tactical wizard. Oh what a time to be alive!!!

Looking forward to this.

It's a beautiful day so hopefully we can have around 17,000 on the ground (maybe a few more).

No idea what to expect from Rovers but the atmosphere should be good with 4K Wolves.

New season, currently joint second, C'mon you bluuuuuuuuues. :rover:

I've just finished reading Guardian Sport. First day of the new season and apart from an article on Burnley the only mention the Championship gets is the fixture list printed one inch in height and two wide. For me this sums up the shyte state of football in this country. Thank you Rupert Murdoch.

no mention of Connor Wickham then....????

Archived