BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookies :( 0-0 odds slashed .. Won't be there as I'm away for a few days .. Pre slum dogs I'd have worked round it . But really not arsed I'm missing . Will be there Tuesday tho , why ? No idea

Part timer :tu:

I think Rhodes is better with a number 10 player than a another striker up front.

In his first season with us he played up front on his own for most of it.

I think Rhodes and Marshall could be very good partnership.

I agree with this to a point. If anything Gestede simply took goals off Rhodes (mathematically, not physically) and benefitted from the space that Rhodes' markers gave him, while Rhodes fed on scraps and often created his own chances. If he stays he'd be better with a player who can drag defenders all over the place, and be a threat. A Teddy Sherringham to his Andy Cole.

That said, I still believe that if we want promotion we need two 15-20 goal strikers. But since that's not really a target, one will do - providing our midfielders start to contribute and the defence start to click and stay fit.

Onto Wolves, and I'll be happy with a point against a strong team. That said (again), I don't want Bowyer to set up for a 0-0 as we aren't good enough. We'll need to score to get anything from this game IMHO.

With our Squad I would just be having Rhodes up front - our other strikers aren't as good as the extra midfielder we could put in.

The challenge then is to play more like Brentford did last season rather than our static, too-deep style where that one striker would be too isolated to be effective.

I would play -

Raya

Henley Duffy Killgallon Ollson

Conway Guthrie Lowe O'Sullivan

Marshall

Rhodes

Hopefully the two french lads, and Evans if fit can supplement the above

Yes, most had, and they also pointed to his goal scoring record :tu:

Uddersfield - Appearances 124 goals 73

Blackburn Rovers - Appearances 134 goals 73

I couldn't argue with that, indisputable evidence, he's the best striker outside the Premiership and one of the most prolific in Europe.

Over to you.

It's a heck of a record Gav I'll give you that. He's prolific and a wonderful talent in front of goal. Sadly 7/10 games he may as well be sat next to me in the stands.

If we were a normal functioning football club I'd have taken him to M'boro on a tandem for £14m - alas, with these restrictions in place we can't really afford to lose him. Therefore he'll score his fair share, contribute nowt to the rest of the game and we'll continue NOT to improve as a side and be pressed further and further back into our own half.

Not solely blaming Rhodes for that, but without investment into the core of the side (which btw should have been the £8m and 40,000p/w we're currently shelling out to him), we'll continue to struggle as a unit.

Think I'm bitter about past goings on you know. I'll try to look past his hopeless all-round football ability and weird running stance from now on and appreciate his ability in front of goal ^_^

It's a heck of a record Gav I'll give you that. He's prolific and a wonderful talent in front of goal. Sadly 7/10 games he may as well be sat next to me in the stands.

If we were a normal functioning football club I'd have taken him to M'boro on a tandem for £14m - alas, with these restrictions in place we can't really afford to lose him. Therefore he'll score his fair share, contribute nowt to the rest of the game and we'll continue NOT to improve as a side and be pressed further and further back into our own half.

Not solely blaming Rhodes for that, but without investment into the core of the side (which btw should have been the £8m and 40,000p/w we're currently shelling out to him), we'll continue to struggle as a unit.

Think I'm bitter about past goings on you know. I'll try to look past his hopeless all-round football ability and weird running stance from now on and appreciate his ability in front of goal ^_^

I don't think normal functioning football clubs allow that for insurance purposes so you never know.

I don't think anybody has mentioned it yet, but I think you could put your mortgage on ALF bagging one at some point.

Can see this being a narrow defeat with plenty of positives thrown into the post-match presser by Gaz ("did ever so well", "ran one of the favourites close", "wouldn't have known how young this side is", "right good go").

Don't forget FFP!

To be honest Jimmy if you don't enjoy watching a striker score 20 goals every season you maybe watching the wrong sport. Yes he's limited but he puts them in the back on the onion bag and thats hard to buy these days at our level or any level for that matter.

Anyway if things pan out as some expect you'll soon be watching Brown as our lone striker, then we'll all have something to moan about :(

With Gestede gone we should build around Rhodes. Our main attacking game plan should be getting him the ball close to goal with not much to do but score

:lol::lol:Priceless. The best post I've read in ages.

Do you have all your coaching badges?

No offence intended Bucks, just tickled me,

:lol::lol:Priceless. The best post I've read in ages.

Do you have all your coaching badges?

Seems straight forward doesn't it. But we don't do it do we?!

We get him the ball with players to beat, or miles from goal and he struggles.

We may have one more season with him to get it right

Seems straight forward doesn't it. But we don't do it do we?!

We get him the ball with players to beat, or miles from goal and he struggles.

We may have one more season with him to get it right

No we don't. He is a goal scorer but is sadly lacking in other areas which does require us to get it to him when he's close to goal.

Your original post was very accurate.....I just found it funny when I read it.

What would suit Rhodes best imo is if we go 4231, play a high line passing game squeezing the oppo up the pitch,supply threaded through balls to him on the defenders shoulders on the edge of the box, and get a lot of crosses in. He'd love that.

Also who would love it is teams (like Wolves) who will be delighted to nick the ball off us in midfield and speed into the acres of space behind Grant and Killer and murder us on the break.

My team for tomorrow:

Steele

Henley, Hanley, Killa/Duffy, Spurr

Guthrie, Williamsson/Lowe

Conway, Marshall, Olsson

Rhodes

Subs from: Koita, Delfo, Williamsson/Lowe, Killa/Duffy, Brown, Evans, Tomlinson, Raya, O'Sullivan. Nyambe, Petschi.

Come 16:55 tomorrow when we've dispatched Wolves with aplomb with Lowe puling the strings with a rare goal and an assist for the late Brown winner coupled with Hanley marshalling the defence like Franco Baresi we'll all wonder what the fuss was about

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Blackburn Rovers are condemned to a 0-4 defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers on the opening day of the season thanks to an Adam LeFondre hatrick. With the opening goal scored from the spot after Grant Hanley saw red for punching the entire Wolves strikeforce in the face.

Come 16:55 tomorrow when we've dispatched Wolves with aplomb with Lowe puling the strings with a rare goal and an assist for the late Brown winner coupled with Hanley marshalling the defence like Franco Baresi we'll all wonder what the fuss was about

You'll need to wait until 5pm for confirmation that all went well with not going and all that :tu:

Buy a ticket you miserable git, put down the pizza and coca cola and venture outside your bedroom, you're starting to go 'see through' without any natural light in your life.

With Gestede gone we should build around Rhodes. Our main attacking game plan should be getting him the ball close to goal with not much to do but score

Wasn't this our exact plan before we signed Gestede? It didn't really prove itself did it?

My hope is that Delfounso knows how to hit a cut back. With a bit of pace in behind and Jordan trotting up to the penalty spot, there might be an alternative there to a Rudy knock down...

Jees Gav it was light harted humour. Bless your cotton socks tyhough you are getting old. Bedroom? There's such thing as electricity and from that was born the radio....wireless to you...then quite a few decades on from that the microchip and eventually the mobile internet device that would allow you to connect to the internet in your pss stained flannelette pj's from outside your residential home. ;)

Jees Gav it was light harted humour. Bless your cotton socks tyhough you are getting old. Bedroom? There's such thing as electricity and from that was born the radio....wireless to you...then quite a few decades on from that the microchip and eventually the mobile internet device that would allow you to connect to the internet in your pss stained flannelette pj's from outside your residential home. ;)

So you're not going then? :glare:

Archived