SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know football is in a Shyte state ? Paul

Clearly you missed the point.

no mention of Connor Wickham then....????

No. The articles concerned Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and City. Thank you for helping to underline the point that if your club is not considered top five material the media have no interest.

How do you know football is in a Shyte state ? Paul

Champions League and Sky TV money brought about uncompetitive top league dominated by a few elite and powerful clubs in a cosy cartel that excludes all other clubs in perpetuity. Meanwhile all the rest are competing for the scraps under the table and kicking off every season knowing they have no chance of winning anything - ever.

Modern football isn't s****. It's pointless.

I will be on the other side of the globe but you knew that of course. If I was in the UK I would be at Ewood for the match not being pleased with myself for being somewhere else and telling those who were there how it is.

You are as dense as a black hole. If you must reply do so via pm but try to leave out the paedophile, incest and beastiality references this time.

2-0 Wolves for me.

Go and play with your didgeridoo

Match day 1. The Aussies will have been defeated handsomely by the time we kick of at Ewood so it could be a feel good factor.

Quick pint in the Brown Cow and am looking forward to the match.

Yes it will be tough and will be a close game. Winner to take it by 1 goal.

Champions League and Sky TV money brought about uncompetitive top league dominated by a few elite and powerful clubs in a cosy cartel that excludes all other clubs in perpetuity. Meanwhile all the rest are competing for the scraps under the table and kicking off every season knowing they have no chance of winning anything - ever.

Modern football isn't s****. It's pointless.

Paul doesn't watch it tho

Paul doesn't watch it tho

That's right ABBEY. I've a feeling you still haven't understood the point even though Jim took the trouble to expand on it.

As long as we give it a right good go then we'll all be happy.

0-3 wolves

You're getting bogged down in trivial matters like winning and quality of performance.

Haven't you heard win, lose or draw we sold gestede and cairney for 3,000% profit this is the important thing to take away. The big man grant will be brilliant. Lowey will be tremendous. Regardless of the result we gave it a right good go and the players can hold their heads up high. Plus anything bad is ffp and anything good shows how tremendous we are to overcome ffp. Fear not we'll be there or thereabouts in the play off mix and our oppo will be looking to go up automatically whoever they are.

Conway is 20/1 at bet365 to be first goal scorer. The bookies haven't realised yet he is currently our second most likely scorer after JR.

I don't agree with all the 0-3 predictions. We may have lost King, Cairney, Baptiste and Gestede from last years squad but one of the reason why we finished so far behind the top 6 was because he didn't play one of those, played two of them oh t of position most of the time and alternated the last one with Rhodes at will. For that reason, I don't think we will be too much different if we get players in their proper positions as cover.

I'd expect a season slightly worse than last year with us having a soft underbelly away from home. However I don't expect too many pastings at Ewood.

I'm going for 1-1 with Wolves being the better side.

Raya

Henley Killa Hanley Ollsen

Tomlinson Williamson Guthhrie Conway

Marshal

Rhodes

Very Excited about Young Tomlinson .. Very good on the eye ... Think we got a Gem of a player there ....Made this season bearable...

3-1 win ....Rhodes Marshall Conway

Raya

Marshal

Rhodes

Very Excited about Young Tomlinson .. Very good on the eye ... Think we got a Gem of a player there ....Made this season bearable...

That's a big call. A championship midfield is no place for a 17 year old unless he had the ability of a Will Hughes. If Tomlinson is as good as Hughes that will be exciting.

No you can't if the run is well timed, the ball is well played and the defender is on his heels. Rhodes is always trying to make those sort of runs, trouble is, last season especially, we never pick him out.

£29 for a ticket in JW upper wings tomorrow.

For those that think you don't save money with a ST, I'm pretty sure you do at those sort of rates!

Come off it Rev. How many times does Rhodes get the ball with a clear run at goal and still get dispossessed because he doesn't have the pace to outrun the defence. He needs the ball close to goal or a deep lying defence.

I'll go for 1-1.

Not entirely sure Wolves will maintain their honeymoon momentum from last season, although not losing will be a decent result for us today. If there's one thing that we could do with improving, it's putting some steel into midfield. Let's hope that's the case today.

Raya

Marshal

Rhodes

give over he'd get eaten alive Tomlinson . It could kill his confidence in an instant. It makes no sense at all unless he's a big Rooney type fully developed etc.

Raya

Henley Hanley Killgalon Olsson

Conway Lowe Guthrie Williamson Marshall

Rhodes

i am going for 2-1 for Rovers

Not getting at you Skous but no more "suggested" lineups please they are getting really boring. We all know what the lineups should be far better than the manager.

Looking forward to the game but don't have a clue what to expect from it. It's a beautiful day so strolling down LBR to watch the Rovers will start the season with anticipation and an enjoyable afternoon.

I've just finished reading Guardian Sport. First day of the new season and apart from an article on Burnley the only mention the Championship gets is the fixture list printed one inch in height and two wide. For me this sums up the shyte state of football in this country. Thank you Rupert Murdoch.

Can't say much good about the red tops but one of them had a whole pull out bit about the Championship the other day. Sadly the goon who went through the teams must be a dingle as he had them strolling the league with us relegated and a few barbed comments.

The stuff of nightmares.

Raya

Marshal

Rhodes

I agree about Tomlinson based on the friendlies I have seen. Sometimes you get a gut feeling about a player irrespective of their age. I get that feeling with this lad. I just hope Bowyer sees this and doesn't rely on his favourites.

To me Tomlinson looks ready for 15 mins here or there. See how he gets on. On very limited viewing so far he does seem to have all the right qualities. Technically strong, can pass, shoot, harry the opposition moidfield.

In build he is no physically smaller than Evans or Cairney.

It's funny but first game of the season, can't help be optimistic, especially with the opposition bringing back memories of that 5-1 when Brett Emerton looked like a superstar in the making...

I know we have an overall mediocre side but the championship is a very, very mediocre league, with lots of very average teams, Boro and Derby apart. QPR and Fulham have some cash but managers who look no better, and possibly worse than GB.

Wolves have a few good players and some average ones, just like Rovers. Will their manager be the difference? Possibly but I don't see them going up either.

We have some outstanding talent in this league in Rhodes, Conway and Marshall, all capable of winning games on their own. Hasta, Conway is a great shout for a bet, I think I'll take a punt on him.

I look around this league and I think four teams will be around the top , Boro Derby Burnley (because of the manager) and Hull, others will be up there but it could be almost any team, the ones that click.

Guthrie will be a key player if he can keep fit, I hope to see O'Sullivan today and for a few games after that to really give him a chance to kick on at this level. I'd have no qualms playing Tomlinson, he looked more comfortable on the ball than Lowe or Evans, but he's not Will Hughes and won't be amazing just yet, also I don't think he's really a winger (from 45 mins vs Bury where he did ok but didn't really look to beat his man).

• Backroom

Can't wait

I'll wave to you all from my new location on the first row of the family stand

Said 2-2 yesterday but feeling worryingly optimistic now!

Archived