BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

Instead of who? Kilgallon is left footed and plays in the left CH position but Hanley looked pretty much on top of his job today.

Based on today's performance I'd probably replace Duffy, plus he's only recently come back from injury

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we did well today in patches. Rhodes was MOM for me today, lead the line really well. Looked like he has had a summer in the gym. Guthrie looks a nice addition, upgrade on what we have.

Second goal was a complete joke of a decision. Overalls disappointing to lose but we will be fine if we play like that all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is RVR, our defensive problems are resolvable but our pig-headed manager seemingly will not be proven wrong about Hanley. He and Lowe simply must be played at all costs so that he can point to them as his success stories - even if it means poor performances on the pitch. I thought that perhaps he had seen the light last season with the injury to Hanley meaning Kilgallon came in and steadied the ship - even Radio Rovers pointed this out (which is quite bold for them) - but no, Kilgallon, who is in his prime and vastly experienced, must be sacrificed.

I've no sympathy for Bowyer but I've even less when problems are of his own making. He needs to get into Hanley's head, tell him that he needs to focus on his own game first and hand the armband to Kilgallon. If he is prepared to do that then maybe he can pair them both up. If not, my preferred option would be Kilgallon and Duffy.

Kilgallon should be playing but Duffy shouldnt even be in the reserves ....

Considering that 99% of fans had no high expectations heading into the season, i'm surprised at how angry you lot are after losing a game (you could argue controversially) to a team expected to challenge for promotion.

I only listened to the game, so i'm judging it differently to those that were there, but it didn't sound like Wolves were dominating and looking like a top team. It sounded like we should have left with a point. We probably didn't deserve anything more due to our defending at times and poor decision making but the impression I got was that we certainly weren't as bad as what everyone is making out.

There were obviously a lot of lessons that needed to be learned from today's performance but I also think there were some positives such as the new players, when fully fit, will make us stronger and also the likes of Raya getting more experience in goal. He might not have repeated his display against Leeds but he will become a top player for us.

Let's keep supporting them and give them a break. It's not like it's been an easy summer for the club.

Here's one for the statisticians.

When has a Championship/2nd.Division team won promotion to the top tier after losing the first game of the season at home, on the same day that England regained the Ashes and when in the third and fourth tests, four different seam bowlers took six or more wickets in four consecutive innings ?

Ah, I think I know this one. In fact, I'm going to put £25k on it and my house, and my wife.

Drum roll........twelve times!

Eh?

Considering that 99% of fans had no high expectations heading into the season, i'm surprised at how angry you lot are after losing a game (you could argue controversially) to a team expected to challenge for promotion.

I only listened to the game, so i'm judging it differently to those that were there, but it didn't sound like Wolves were dominating and looked a top team. It sounded like we should have left with a point. We probably didn't anything more due to our defending at times and poor decision making but the impression I got was that we certainly weren't as bad as what everyone is making out.

There were obviously a lot of lessons that needed to be learned from today's performance but I also think there were some positives such as the new players, when fully fit, will make us stronger and also the likes of Raya getting more experience in goal. He might not have repeated his display against Leeds but he will become a top player for us.

Let's keep supporting them and give them a break. It's not like it's been an easy summer for the club.

As has happened many times in the last two seasons, we were beaten by the team we faced on paper, not by the one we faced on grass.

A frustrating game. Players like Marshall, Conway, Guthrie and Rhodes are all good footballers with some quality. But the big, physical Wolves players bullied us off the ball a lot and stopped our key players imposing themselves on the game.

This is where I think Bowyer struggles. I think he sent out the right 11 players. He just needs to get their heads in a place where they will dictate a game. I think we had better footballers, but we let Wolves make the game a scrappy series of physical battles and we lost too many of them.

If we had zipped the ball to feet and forward quickly between our attack minded players we could have won.

Special mention for Lowe - still terrified of passing forward and will never go round a player- but I will take him over Williamson.

Comedy low point of the game was Guthrie actually running behind Hanley to receive the ball. That's that deep lying midfield that makes a quick attack with numbers a pipe dream. Like Guthrie though - as good as Cairney on today's showing.

I only listened to the game, so i'm judging it differently to those that were there, but it didn't sound like Wolves were dominating and looking like a top team. It sounded like we should have left with a point. We probably didn't deserve anything more due to our defending at times and poor decision making but the impression I got was that we certainly weren't as bad as what everyone is making out.

Therein lies the problem, experience aside, jackett in the space of 2 years has turned around wolves from a league 1 side into a championship team challenging for promotion, bowyer had done nothing in 2 years, look how Gary monk has transformed Swansea inside a year from battling the drop under laudrup and he had 0 experience in coaching

I don't think anyone would mind if we gave it a go, but that's the issue. We surrender before even starting. For 20 mins or so, we gave it a go, and Ewood sounded like a football ground. After that, we reverted to hoofing up to Rhodes, from the edge of our own area. It's embarrassing how Bowyer doesn't know how to provide service to a £14m player. It's down right unacceptable too!

On the note of lessons being learnt... Bowyer's in his third full season now and we're still yet to attack a team properly. One saying that springs to mind is "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Like one fan next to me said : "He's poor man's Sam Allardyce. He's negative, yet he doesn't manage to get results."

I thought Rovers played well in spells today. The first 25 minutes was probably the best I've seen Rovers start a game since the Bournemouth Home game last season.

I think Rovers/Bowyer should keep playing the 4-2-3-1 formation with us passing the ball to feet more. at times today it worked well but at times not well but I sure this improved the more we play it and work at it on the training pitch. it will always take time to adapt to new style and formation.

Guthrie was Rovers best player today.

Delfouneso did well a couple of times but he needs confidence does the player.

Koita did well and looking forward to seeing more of him. defo more to come from this player.

Henley, Olsson and Lowe poor today.

Raya not at fault for their second goal as he handled the ball in and was offside in my view. shame the ref didn't have a clue what to do. look like he was giving the handball but then didn't in the end.

A few people were giving statements when the stewards did turn up, including my wife.

It was actually one of those bizarrely pleasing moments when a bunch of people come together, hopefully he won't be back he was stood on the stairs In between seats and has no intention of moving.

It really was disgraceful behaviour from a grown man

I was sat just up from all this. Was it the bald guy in the cap or was he the one who lamped the other guy? Was disgusting behaviour really and people like that should not be allowed in that stand. Took the stewards forever though despite everyone shouting for them

• Backroom

My initial reaction was it was a poor attempt to keep it out no matter what or how it got to him but would need to see it again.

I was sat just up from all this. Was it the bald guy in the cap or was he the one who lamped the other guy? Was disgusting behaviour really and people like that should not be allowed in that stand. Took the stewards forever though despite everyone shouting for them

The guy causing the bother was slim with a blue t shirt and a cap, we were sat front row and he was literally stood next to my 4 year old at one point shouting all sorts. Quite why he needed to stand on the stairs I don't know anyway. We motioned to a steward below to come up but they looked a bit unsure at first.

I suppose if you keep going round saying 'outside - me and you' to folk you'll end up getting lamped.

What made me laugh was the guy that lamped him appeared a few minutes later minus his shirt!

25 minutes of joy, then well a pretty abject performance really. We worked hard in the first 25 mins and didn't give them a second, Rhodes in particular and was unlucky not to score after stealing possession all by himself.

We slowed down and allowed them to ping the ball across the back, their very first break and we are 1-0 down!

After that we never really had a sniff until the last 5-10 minutes when we seem to actually up our intensity and want to attack.

I don't think Killgallon will get much game time, with him both Hanley and Duffy look good. As they are more sellable assets they will continue to play together hoping one day (I doubt it!) they will click and we can make a profit on them.

Speaking to Brian Flynn before the game, he said the reason he wasn't at Leeds vs Burnley (two ex clubs) was because he was scouting for Everton. "Scouting rovers players?" "Good players" he replied. And Martinez said he's going to spend some big cash before the window closes....

My initial reaction was it was a poor attempt to keep it out no matter what or how it got to him but would need to see it again.

The guy causing the bother was slim with a blue t shirt and a cap, we were sat front row and he was literally stood next to my 4 year old at one point shouting all sorts. Quite why he needed to stand on the stairs I don't know anyway. We motioned to a steward below to come up but they looked a bit unsure at first.

I suppose if you keep going round saying 'outside - me and you' to folk you'll end up getting lamped.

What made me laugh was the guy that lamped him appeared a few minutes later minus his shirt!

Yeah I know the one. N06 seems to have a few like him. Hopefully the club don't let him back

simple fact is not one rovers player earned is money today,and that was playing against a very average wolves side,and the manager needs to go,last seasons seasons squad was worth over 30 million,never even challenged,this season if the manager is not replaced there is a very real chance we will be relagated,the squad is still good enough to finish in the top 6.

• Backroom

Just seen the Wolves second goal. It was defo handball and took a major deflection that was the reason why Raya didnt save it.

LewisF, I wouldnt be surprise if Everton go for Dicko from Wolves tbh

Seen it again and it is clearly handball but I still feel he should do better with it.

Some cracking efforts from distance in the game today

Archived