BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves At Home On 8/8/2015

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree on the heads down and it was worrying to me that we came out 2nd half like a beaten team. We looked knackered but to be fair the game was a fair old pace in the first 30 odd mins and quite enjoyable. If he'd have actually made his 65 min changes it might have perked things up earlier, typical when your expecting them they don't come. Can't criticize the actual subs though really for once.

I thought Evans looked poor when he was on. A few times Wolves players walked past him and Lowe.

I thought Evans looked poor when he was on. A few times Wolves players walked past him and Lowe.

Evans was worse than Lowe. Start Guthrie and Petshi in midfield, they'll both be hungry, and dropping Snoop Dogg for Koita wouldn't go amiss either

Nowt new there then. I just meant that he was right to go like for like on that one as Guthrie was fading badly. I would think Evans was pished off to be dropped although it's no excuse. Bowyers going to have problems with him and Marshall if he's not careful. He'd drop Zidane for Jason bloody Lowe.

My thoughts on player performance:

Raya 6 should've done better with second goal was hand height

Henley 7 huffed and puffed

Hanley 8 thought he had a good game today

Duffy 6 average

Ollson 6 didn't drive forward like he did last season

Marshall 4 very poor

Guthrie 6 not bad for first game but no better than Evans

Delfonso 4 aside from two runs was really bad

Conway 7 worked hard as always

Rhodes 7 played better than iv seen him play in some time

Subs

Evans 6

Koita 7 showed few moments of class - hopefully more to come

Hanley and Duffy had nothing to do with that result. Tactics and tactics alone were to blame

I agree tactics were awful. Delfoeneso was doing OK in the centre for a while so he was switched to the wing where he did nothing. Guthrie, our best player by a mile was the first to be subbed, yes he was on a yellow but he was the only one with any idea, but to say it was nothing to do with Hanley and Duffy playing together is mistaken. They play so far apart that you could drive a bus down the middle. They just can't play together.

My thoughts on player performance:

Raya 6 should've done better with second goal was hand height

Henley 7 huffed and puffed

Hanley 8 thought he had a good game today

Duffy 6 average

Ollson 6 didn't drive forward like he did last season

Marshall 4 very poor

Guthrie 6 not bad for first game but no better than Evans

Delfonso 4 aside from two runs was really bad

Conway 7 worked hard as always

Rhodes 7 played better than iv seen him play in some time

Subs

Evans 6

Koita 7 showed few moments of class - hopefully more to come

I'm guessing Lowe isn't even worth a rating ha

The fact he's our best right back tells you everything about the quality of our squad. He has potential but noone pushing him for his place. Hopefully Nyambe(sp?) Can push him this season, but I think it might be a season too soon for that.

I'd say definitely give Nyambe a game! Henley is on easy street. Plays like a Ayer that doesn't have any ambition for his career which is poor for someone his age. Get him loaned out, he's looks and plays like a boy... Just not ready and not up to it.

nothing to do with Hanley and Duffy playing together is mistaken. They play so far apart that you could drive a bus down the middle. They just can't play together.

I think that's harsh considering the only real time they got done down the centre was the goal -and that came from a through ball that deflected off Guthries toe.

The main threat from Wolves for me was outwide. That's my issue with playing strikers (delfy) out wide, Henley didn't get much support whereas Conway really helps out on the other side.

Guthrie has not had a full preseason and looked leggy to me, pretty much explains the sub. I think Koita may be pushing for a start with that Cameo - 47er I think you may be mistaking him for Delf

Everyone could see Marshall was clearly uncomfortable in the '10' role within 5 minutes, yet tactical genius Gaz took half an hour to change it. Then (despite us looking better) changed it back at half time!?!

Nail hammer head. That's what annoyed me most about today. You simply couldn't make it up.

Also, we're under an embargo and supposedly hard up fpr money/squad places right?

Can anyone explain the sense in giving C. Taylor a new contract then signing a big unit of a striker to play in front of him out of position on the right wing thereby wasting your money in respect of both players?

It's absolute madness.

I was quite happy with the first 25 minutes when we had a good tempo and had the upper hand. But as we have seen so many times the pace cannot be kept up. We let Wolves back into the game as we began to let them dominate possession. For me after that Wolves got a foothold in the game and looked better. I counted three times where Delfounsuo changed with Marshall and each time I struggled with Bowyers logic. I was appalled that Henley went down with cramp in the 71st minute. That (along with a drop in tempo) tells me that fitness is still a problem.

Losing matches is a bad habit but I fear we will have to get used to it.

Tactically we were found wanting at times - but also at times GB had it spot. Overall we deserved a draw against a team many said we would get 0-3 by.

At times distinctly average - with only the cameo from Kaita and Guthrie to brighten up the performance - but still enough to deserve a point.

One thing - it is only the first match, players on both sides obviously still building up fitness, and a game decided by the referee (and some blatent cheating) - so a little early to be slitting wrists,

Never seen the fuss about Ollson and I still think he is a really poor player who wouldn't be here had his brother not played for us and that he wouldn't get a gig anywhere else at this level.

After him being player of the season last season I was reluctant to say that but I completely agree.

The players didn't stop and I knew they wouldn't. With Rudy going we've had to try and encourage the players to play a different way and I thought they made a decent start with it.

The above is a quote from Bowyer which I find unbelievable. They have had to encourage the players to play a different way? Pardon me but I thought players should do what they are told.

Who the help runs things at our club these days?

Guthrie had a good game, as did Koita when he came on, two cracking strikes. Rhodes' early effort was unlucky to go off the post, may well have changed the game. Lowe was awful, and Delfounso was pretty pants too. I've changed my mind that Marshall should play in the number 10 role; I think he should play on the wing with Conway, with Koita either as the number 10 behind Rhodes or next to Rhodes up front. I think we shouldn't drop Raya because of this game, their two goals was purely down to our God awful defence, and how none of the officials saw the handball is beyond me. Kilgallon should have played ahead of one of the two stooges, but we all know GB is madly in love with Hanley. We should be winning all the remaining (league) matches in August, although realistically I can see us winning 3 at the most. GB was out thought yet again by the opposition manager, I just hope he can get things right before they go too out of hand.

Gestede scoring on his Villa debut too, well done to him.

Conway was rightly MoM but my second placed player was Hanley.

As for Gestede ... he did what he does best and exactly as I predicted he would to a villa fan yesterday afternoon, he came on as sub and scored with a thumping header.

Local wolves rag's take on the game - how does this compare for the people who were at Ewood park?

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/08/08/blackburn-x-wolves-x-report-and-pictures/?

About right.... except the hand ball was a glaring touch into the net from my angle. We were cheated out of at least a point because I also thought the Henley penalty appeal was nailed on. Wolves certainly didn't deserve all 3 points, Lady Luck was firmly on their side today. However I did see much to concern me. Marshall looked out of position and faded badly as did Delfuonso. Both full backs again looked out of their depth, one resembled a headless chicken and the other a rabbit in car headlights.

Those who think we're going up under him are having a laugh. We're in a relegation battle, all with a £14m striker! How daft does that sound. We've got a manager who doesn't know how use a £14m striker. Absolutely disgraceful!

BOWYER OUT!

How would you use him?

Hopefully we will only make 2 changes for the next game

Marshall right winger

Fode behind Rhodes, Delf on bench ( His speed could be handy late in the game)

Otherwise we should play with the same line-up as much as possible.

And I'd start Kilgallon and remove Lowe, possibly replacing him with Lenihan

Archived