BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

I hate both teams.

The reasons are obvious.

I'll never get over 1989. Yes, yes we got promoted eventually, but I still feel it in the pit of my stomach every time I think of it.

Cried all the way home.

Nearly got relegated the season after.

Remember one horror show at Notts County.

Didn't we get in the playoffs again the year after?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words fail. but we all knew Rooney was a mutant

https://youtu.be/NmtRrUDlmg8

"Bloody 'ell" made me laugh.

There's nothing that club won't put a $ sign on.

Mass market appeal, I suppose.

Can only hope they fair, and City win the lge/ Champions League, countless times, over the next 10 years.

MU would start to feel inferior, then.

Disagree completely with the LVG v Mourinho comments.

LVG's time in charge was exceedingly disappointing imo (for them) and only turned round around slightly when injuries forced his hand into playing some youngsters who bailed him out to an extent. Their style of play under him was painfully slow and ponderous. Completely unlike the Red Scum under Ferguson when they were more dangerous from one of your own corners than theirs.

Mourinho is different class altogether imo and (unfortunately) will have them winning trophies and genuinely challenging for the title. Even if he only tends to have a shelf life of about 3 years before he starts falling out with everyone.

The only thing I do find strange is that it has been publicised that talks are due to take place next week. At a slightly smaller Club that would be a clear invitation for another Club to whip Mourinho out from under their noses.

Does this mean that Giggs is out in the cold?

Wonder if he would be any good cutting his teeth at Rovers? Would need a mentor though and can we really afford the risk?

That said, it's likely that whomever we get will be a risk or even a novice.

Ok, yeah, let's continue to hope for Warnock.

Wonder if he would be any good cutting his teeth at Rovers? Would need a mentor though and can we really afford the risk?

Never mind manager , get him on the pitch

• Moderation Lead

The Mourinho one is the antithesis of what Man United claim to be about as a club. He doesn't bring through youth players and the football isn't what their fans want either (although it would be more effective than Van Gaal's granted). Whilst I don't think they'd be able to get a better manager than Mourinho, he's never in it for the long haul wherever he is, so it would mean United as a club have done a complete 180 and done the total opposite of what they have been known for most recently.

The Mourinho one is the antithesis of what Man United claim to be about as a club. He doesn't bring through youth players and the football isn't what their fans want either (although it would be more effective than Van Gaal's granted). Whilst I don't think they'd be able to get a better manager than Mourinho, he's never in it for the long haul wherever he is, so it would mean United as a club have done a complete 180 and done the total opposite of what they have been known for most recently.

Much like Rovers need the Premier League, United NEED Champions League football.

Short term planning to return them to the gravy train.

Manchester has always been a goldfish bowl as far as football and the media is concerned and the presence of the world's top coach and a has been plus the big BBC presence in the city will ensure the Premier League hype is ratched up several notches.

Changed it

Words fail. but we all knew Rooney was a mutant

https://youtu.be/NmtRrUDlmg8

Hilarious, how did they do that?

Giggs never struck me as someone who'd make a good manager, the man's completely devoid of charisma and probably hasn't opened his mouth without permission from Alex Ferguson in the last 20 years or so.

Oh and just in case anyone didn't know or wants to double check, Van Gaal has been sacked.

Just in case you've not seen the news, I mean it was easy for that one to slip under the radar.

Much like the last game at Upton Park.

@#/? off no-one cares

I know that the season is over but I'll post this here until a new thread is started.

It seems that Mourinho's unveiling as Man U boss is taking longer than planned as Chelsea own his image rights, and want to keep them, which is stalling the contract signing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/26/potpourris-and-napkin-rings-mourinhos-image-rights-delay-manchester-united-appointment?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Fiver+2016&utm_term=174243&subid=6923483&CMP=EMCFTBEML853

Extract every ounce of revenue available. Why not?

So Jose finally joined United, I hear it was a close run thing between them and us finally decided by Jose having to give up his bed at Pune towers to Paris Hilton and that bloody cat, it was that close!

Reading the news outlets you have to wonder if the press and United fans in general have ever seen a Jose side, they're convinced that free flowing football is about to return to Old Stratford, he's never played free flowing sexy football ever!

Last time i recall Pep and Jose on the side lines Jose poked Pep in the eye, kicked one of the Barca backroom team up the arse and ran off down the tunnel during El Classico, so if nothing else that will be entertaining next season.

That's disgusting. Diluting the national stadium.

The national stadium should be sacred. National team and cup finals only. Cup Semi finals is bad enough but this is a nonsense. Imagine Burnley staying up and heading down to Wembley for a league match the following season. :wacko:

The Premier League have no shame, that's a given, but the FA have no pride.

The national stadium should be sacred. National team and cup finals only. Cup Semi finals is bad enough but this is a nonsense. Imagine Burnley staying up and heading down to Wembley for a league match the following season. :wacko:

As long as they charge them £70 a ticket I don't care!

No problem with it at all, hate Spurs but this isn't a reason to moan about them.

I think Arsenal had a similar agreement for champions league games, the place needs using and thousands of glory hunting Spurs fans will now get in for games instead of having to watch it on TV

No problem with it at all, hate Spurs but this isn't a reason to moan about them.

I think Arsenal had a similar agreement for champions league games, the place needs using and thousands of glory hunting Spurs fans will now get in for games instead of having to watch it on TV

Your brother showed me the photograph of the "doll" you will be watching the Sheff Weds game with; it is far better looking than you are Gav :-)

Why is Harry Kane wearing goggles? Is he going (muff) diving?

Archived