BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be very interesting to see what happens when j lowe is fit again. Especially so if Evans rebirth has continued and Guthrie keeps performing. If Bowyer brings him straight back in he should be sacked immediately following.

Remember Guthrie started brightly pre season then his form dipped. I am convinced this is is directly related to Guthrie seeing Lowe picked ahead if him. I mean what greater demotivator could there be.

Additionally i am sure Evans resurgence is due in no small part to Apkan and Guthrie arriving at the club. Last season there was no one to threaten his place.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when j lowe is fit again. Especially so if Evans rebirth has continued and Guthrie keeps performing. If Bowyer brings him straight back in he should be sacked immediately following.

Remember Guthrie started brightly pre season then his form dipped. I am convinced this is is directly related to Guthrie seeing Lowe picked ahead if him. I mean what greater demotivator could there be.

Additionally i am sure Evans resurgence is due in no small part to Apkan and Guthrie arriving at the club. Last season there was no one to threaten his place.

Guthrie himself said that he wasn't fully fit - and he spent the last international break working on it. A far more reasonable explanation for Lowe playing instead of him.

Until the last three matches people on this MB were saying to sell Evans - so picking Lowe wasn't that great a surprise.

I do agree with your first sentence - IF Evans and Guthrie continue to play as well as in the last three matches - I will be disappointed to see Lowe back in the team. Having said that - the fitness tests done at Brockhall may see one of them rested - watch the outpouring of grief on here if Lowe is picked as a replacement (though on form this season I would have Apkan as the replacement)

Now the loan window is open may i suggest we look to bolster with one or two of the below:

Ruben Loftus Cheek - Chelsea ball playing midfielder, very promising player.

Lee Chung Yong - Ex Bolton winger, struggling to break in to Palace due to Bolassie, Sako & Puncheon.

Lloyd Dyer - Similar situation with Yong, would bring much needed pace.

Matt Grimes - Signed for Swansea for 2million last year, really bright prospect in center midfield.

Mason Holgate - Signed for Everton for 2million this summer, the next John Stones but played RB for Barnsley allot.

Harrison Reed - All action young midfielder for Southampton, came in for Schenederlin in a few games last year and didnt look out of place.

Stephen Ireland - Wonder if Sparky could let us borrow him, he could be the number 10 we need on a temp. basis.

Tom Carroll - Spurs center midifelder, rolls royce of a player.

Alex Pritchard - Same as above be we all saw his talents at Brentford last year.

Nick Powell - Just back from injury wonder if LVG would needs us to get him up to speed, could play the number 10 role.

Joey O'Brien - Full back at WHU out of the picture.

Rolando Aarons - Very pacy and direct player, a bit like Sterling at Newcastle.

Think its more to do with playing with players who are more suited to your style of play than threatening your position.

Suppose the supporters will see if the management style is do they prefer their midfielders to slow play down pass sideways and backwards for most of the game or play a more expansive progressive forward game.

Guthrie himself said that he wasn't fully fit - and he spent the last international break working on it. A far more reasonable explanation for Lowe playing instead of him.

Until the last three matches people on this MB were saying to sell Evans - so picking Lowe wasn't that great a surprise.

I do agree with your first sentence - IF Evans and Guthrie continue to play as well as in the last three matches - I will be disappointed to see Lowe back in the team. Having said that - the fitness tests done at Brockhall may see one of them rested - watch the outpouring of grief on here if Lowe is picked as a replacement (though on form this season I would have Apkan as the replacement)

I noticed you've mentioned the fitness tests at Brockhall again but at this stage of the season for the guys who've been playing surely that shouldn't come into it, within reason of course. If they are picking people because one week someone sprints faster than someone else did last week then no wonder the daft rotation stuff.

If a guy has been playing ok and training ok and isn't carrying niggles then they should retain their place. Only a big drop in fitness or form during games should negate a change you would have thought. Modern football gets a bit carried away with this kind of stuff at times, managers managing from spread sheets and data bases instead of their own judgement.

I noticed you've mentioned the fitness tests at Brockhall again but at this stage of the season for the guys who've been playing surely that shouldn't come into it, within reason of course. If they are picking people because one week someone sprints faster than someone else did last week then no wonder the daft rotation stuff.

If a guy has been playing ok and training ok and isn't carrying niggles then they should retain their place. Only a big drop in fitness or form during games should negate a change you would have thought. Modern football gets a bit carried away with this kind of stuff at times, managers managing from spread sheets and data bases instead of their own judgement.

I am no fitness expert - but I would have thought these days they will be able to assess whether a players fitness is dipping to an extent that it makes injury more likely - and for me this would be when you would rest someone. BTW - I am not a fan of rotation for rotation sake - most successful teams have a largely settled side (see Burnley a couple of seasons ago).

• Moderation Lead

Being very far away from us hopefully!

My mate that lives in the Midlands played against him previously on 11 a side on a Sunday, told me Winterburn plays in centre mid and bosses it!

Now the loan window is open may i suggest we look to bolster with one or two of the below:

Ruben Loftus Cheek - Chelsea ball playing midfielder, very promising player.

Lee Chung Yong - Ex Bolton winger, struggling to break in to Palace due to Bolassie, Sako & Puncheon.

Lloyd Dyer - Similar situation with Yong, would bring much needed pace.

Matt Grimes - Signed for Swansea for 2million last year, really bright prospect in center midfield.

Mason Holgate - Signed for Everton for 2million this summer, the next John Stones but played RB for Barnsley allot.

Harrison Reed - All action young midfielder for Southampton, came in for Schenederlin in a few games last year and didnt look out of place.

Stephen Ireland - Wonder if Sparky could let us borrow him, he could be the number 10 we need on a temp. basis.

Tom Carroll - Spurs center midifelder, rolls royce of a player.

Alex Pritchard - Same as above be we all saw his talents at Brentford last year.

Nick Powell - Just back from injury wonder if LVG would needs us to get him up to speed, could play the number 10 role.

Joey O'Brien - Full back at WHU out of the picture.

Rolando Aarons - Very pacy and direct player, a bit like Sterling at Newcastle.

I'd take a winger with pace (if Conway or Marshall get injured we lack backup, and we need pace desperately), a striker with a decent scoring record (as Rhodes is the only player we have who scores goals regularly) and a centre back (as we only have one backup in Killer).

I don't think we need number 10 players(we have Laurence and Marshall, plus are not really playing with a number 10) or central mids (we have bloody loads of them). Full backs maybe, but wouldnt be top of my list.

Archived