BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the time though, when he hasn't played that well, plenty of others have had a nightmare as well which has slipped under the radar.....

Plenty of other players have come under stick (Spurr, Hanley, Brown, Varney), but Lowe is perennially bad or just anonymous. As a defensive 'linchpin' I don't think he's ever dominated a game the way someone should in his position.

Plenty of professional footballers have stolen a living. Wise up.

I'd prefer it if you showed a bit of respect. Both to me and for that matter to Lowe.

Wise up? I've been playing and watching football for the best part of 50 years at all levels so would like to think I know what I'm talking about. That's not to say you can't disagree with me because footie is all about opinions, but its how you disagree! I'll stick by my view that I've seen plenty worse than Lowe at Ewood, and believe me, very few people get to become professional footballers without being a million miles better than most of the rest of us mere mortals, even those of us that played to a decent amateur and semi professional standard.

Stolen a living? Whatever you might think of his abilities, there are far greater examples of people stealing a living from Blackburn Rovers than Jason Lowe, even just within the past five years. The very least you can say about the lad is that he runs his nuts off every game. I wish I had a pound for every time I've heard someone bemoan the fact that we didn't have eleven that did that!

I'd prefer it if you showed a bit of respect. Both to me and for that matter to Lowe.

Why? Are you his mother?

Wise up? I've been playing and watching football for the best part of 50 years at all levels so would like to think I know what I'm talking about. That's not to say you can't disagree with me because footie is all about opinions, but its how you disagree! I'll stick by my view that I've seen plenty worse than Lowe at Ewood, and believe me, very few people get to become professional footballers without being a million miles better than most of the rest of us mere mortals, even those of us that played to a decent amateur and semi professional standard.

I honestly couldn't give a damn how long you've been in the game. That, in itself, is not a credential and doesn't give your opinion any extra weight. There's a term for this - argument from authority.

Ade Akinbiyi managed to forge a career for himself and fooled Leicester into paying a record £5.3m for him. Doesn't change the fact he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Stolen a living? Whatever you might think of his abilities, there are far greater examples of people stealing a living from Blackburn Rovers than Jason Lowe, even just within the past five years. The very least you can say about the lad is that he runs his nuts off every game. I wish I had a pound for every time I've heard someone bemoan the fact that we didn't have eleven that did that!

It's a pretty sad indictment when you can only elevate Lowe by comparing him to the very dregs in Rovers history and complimenting him on the bare minimum expected of any professional footballer (running around a lot).

1. Comparing him against the very dregs of Rovers history was the whole point of the original discussion between myself and Mercerman in respect of Lowe, or did you miss that bit?

2. Your 'wise up' comment was both uncalled for and rude, particularly when you have obviously completely misjudged the context of this particular Lowe discussion. And I think I made it pretty clear that my opinion carried no more or less weight than yours - why would it? - but there are ways of going about discussing things, and being a cheeky, cocky and disrespectful keyboard warrior shouldn't be one of them.

3. You were the one who said "He can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't press and he's stealing a living". Others can judge whether that's proportionate in respect of Jason Lowe. All I've said (for about the fifth time now), is that in my opinion he's nowhere near the worst player I've ever seen play for Rovers (nor is he even the worst in the current squad!), and he is also well down the list of folk who have been stealing a living at this football club.........

It's not Jason's fault that he gets picked. He does try his best and runs around a lot but I can't honestly think of a worse player, technically, than him in all the years I have been watching. Maybe Colin Randall?

I would suggest that Randall would walk into our present midfield.

He was an intelligent player with an eye for a pass. His goal record wasn't bad either, think almost 1 in 10. Main issue for me was that he didn't get involved enough. Decent footballer though.

1. Comparing him against the very dregs of Rovers history was the whole point of the original discussion between myself and Mercerman in respect of Lowe, or did you miss that bit?

2. Your 'wise up' comment was both uncalled for and rude, particularly when you have obviously completely misjudged the context of this particular Lowe discussion. And I think I made it pretty clear that my opinion carried no more or less weight than yours - why would it? - but there are ways of going about discussing things, and being a cheeky, cocky and disrespectful keyboard warrior shouldn't be one of them.

3. You were the one who said "He can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't press and he's stealing a living". Others can judge whether that's proportionate in respect of Jason Lowe. All I've said (for about the fifth time now), is that in my opinion he's nowhere near the worst player I've ever seen play for Rovers (nor is he even the worst in the current squad!), and he is also well down the list of folk who have been stealing a living at this football club.........

OMG I am tempted to start another list of the worst Rovers players I have seen...But I had a kind of paradoxical soft spot for John O'Mara, who could be first on the list. Anyway, I guess a message board generates hyperbole. Comparing Bowyer to Kean, for instance, is like comparing Hitler to Charlie Chaplin on account of their moustaches.

But, on the other hand, while Kean was a liar and a crook, as well as being out of his depth, I do think Bowyer is out of his depth. Both are similar( silly moustaches again) in their apparent self delusion, distorted logic, selecting out key information about performances and general...denial. However, Bowyer will never be the reptile that Kean is.

There is a long list of Rovers scapegoats. I think Lowe is one. He does draw a huge amount of negativity, which makes me uncomfortable. Although I don't happen to regard him as good enough for the team, he doesn't warrant the way he gets savaged on here!

A lot of people are being melodramatic about Lowe. He's a reasonable back up player who can play in a couple of positions imo.

Simply put, when everyone's fit, there are better players than Lowe in both the positions he can play in. Without doubt though, he's the current scapegoat.

Do we have another RB other than Henley that we don't know about?

A lot of people are being melodramatic about Lowe. He's a reasonable back up player who can play in a couple of positions imo.

Simply put, when everyone's fit, there are better players than Lowe in both the positions he can play in. Without doubt though, he's the current scapegoat.

I was with you until the last sentence.

Even I don't think he's the worst player to every play for Rovers. He's certainly a very limited footballer but a useful squad member. I expect his value doesn't increase sat in the bench though. In my view he is the antithesis of David Dunn.

But more damningly he is the also epitome of the negative, slow, attack-less style that Bowyer has favoured to date. There are signs that Bowyer is learning but there seems to be a coincidence that Lowe is only out of the side when injured. The fact that Bowyer has, in the past, regularly dropped a performing player and/or in-form team to accommodate Lowe as soon as he is fit suggests that he isn't actually learning at all.

Time will tell. But don't be surprised to read frustrated posts next time Lowe is selected to start instead of from the bench - when fit.

Everything is so stale and placid at Ewood these days we don't even scapegoat properly. I mean apart from a loud sigh I can't remember much of anything towards the hapless sod.

Who remembers Jason 'Handbag' Wilcox getting absolute dogs abuse from the Riverside? Or Darren Peacock? Or Keef?

Lowe is far better than he's given credit for, 'ball watchers' simply won't see that.

Nowhere near the worse player ship mates.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day was on Saturday, you're a bit late.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QFjACahUKEwi34YOKxIvIAhUjMtsKHTOXDB8&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FInternational_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day&usg=AFQjCNGGVKhnGFavLVnBEWeiT46dpt9eYg&bvm=bv.103388427,d.bGg

I was with you until the last sentence.

Even I don't think he's the worst player to every play for Rovers. He's certainly a very limited footballer but a useful squad member. I expect his value doesn't increase sat in the bench though. In my view he is the antithesis of David Dunn.

But more damningly he is the also epitome of the negative, slow, attack-less style that Bowyer has favoured to date. There are signs that Bowyer is learning but there seems to be a coincidence that Lowe is only out of the side when injured. The fact that Bowyer has, in the past, regularly dropped a performing player and/or in-form team to accommodate Lowe as soon as he is fit suggests that he isn't actually learning at all.

Time will tell. But don't be surprised to read frustrated posts next time Lowe is selected to start instead of from the bench - when fit.

This is true and the manager has to take a share of the flack for bizarrely continually selecting him and setting up the team to play around him. He can't do the Tugay role yet the team seem set up to try and play through him from really deep but his limitations mean he cannot dictate anything other than snails pace tempo.

The lad doesn't deserve savaging at all as he always tries his best but he is what he is. Bowyer definitely has Shallow Hal syndrome when it comes to him that's for sure . If he can't finally move on from that then the team never will and both he and the player will continue to get flak.

2. Your 'wise up' comment was both uncalled for and rude, particularly when you have obviously completely misjudged the context of this particular Lowe discussion. And I think I made it pretty clear that my opinion carried no more or less weight than yours - why would it?

I can answer this one. You go to games.

Archived