BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

According to the Guardian, the global players' union, FIFPRO are taking FIFA to court. They are attempting to ban transfer fees, the loan system and cap squad sizes. Could be a revolution.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/18/fifpro-transfer-fees-could-go-fifa-brussels

Bloody hell. The huge irony is they say the current system "promotes inequality". That's true. But its only going to get worse if smaller clubs best players can be taken without a fee.

How on earth would we be able to hold onto Rhodes, Marshall etc?

The only real winners would be the big clubs who can pay massive wages and the players and agents who could probably double what they make now.

Really really depressing news.

Edit - okay actually read the article and it doesn't seem to be as I wrote above. Talk of limiting squad sizes and players having to commit for the first two or three years of their contract and not being able to move unless they don't play.

So actually is sounds more reasonable than I thought. Also capping agent fees sounds good.

However it does raise the huge question of how "feeder clubs" - ie clubs that cannot survive except by making transfer fees - will replace that vast lost revenue if fees are no longer paid.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my head would explode if that happened.

I'd remove my shoes and socks, hoist him onto my shoulders and carry him there if this was true. I'd wish him all the best and genuinely hope it works out for him. Then I'd go round to Gaz's with a large bottle of scotch and help him with his grieving process.

I'd remove my shoes and socks, hoist him onto my shoulders and carry him there if this was true. I'd wish him all the best and genuinely hope it works out for him. Then I'd go round to Gaz's with a large bottle of scotch and help him with his grieving process.

To be honest I think it would be the final push i'd need to go completely batsh*t crazy. Start wearing my underwear outside my jeans, put socks on my hands as my new puppet friends 'J' and 'Lo'.

Wasn't long ago we had Hanley to Burnley stories, either.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? :rock:

Wouldn't be surprised at all. Hardly any football played in the last 12 months, injured again, poor when he has played. 5 mill ? Aye alright, pull the other one :lol:

It will be a nonsense story but as much as I think Lowe tries his hardest I think it's time he moved on.

It's not good enough to have a midfield built around a weak link.

However, as I say... The story will be nonsense and he'll be back in the starting lineup soon!

I am with you BR , utter nonsense !

Lowe's contract I am also sure is up at the end of this season - seem to recall him signing a five year deal back in 2011.

It is utter nonsense and IMV all about leverage from his agent, seeking a new lucrative contract, which I have little doubt Bowyer will be busting a gut to support.

IMV, one of the most overrated and worst players ever to wear a blue and white shirt who needs to be pushed through the exit door at the earliest opportunity. I think League 2 is his natural level.

Lowe's contract I am also sure is up at the end of this season - seem to recall him signing a five year deal back in 2011.

It is utter nonsense and IMV all about leverage from his agent, seeking a new lucrative contract, which I have little doubt Bowyer will be busting a gut to support.

IMV, one of the most overrated and worst players ever to wear a blue and white shirt who needs to be pushed through the exit door at the earliest opportunity. I think League 2 is his natural level.

Wouldn't disagree that Lowe is overrated - unfortunately by the man whose opinion counts most too - but one of the worst players ever to wear a blue and white shirt? Really? I could probably reel off twenty or thirty worse than Lowe without even thinking too deeply about it Mercerman.

Wouldn't disagree that Lowe is overrated - unfortunately by the man whose opinion counts most too - but one of the worst players ever to wear a blue and white shirt? Really? I could probably reel off twenty or thirty worse than Lowe without even thinking too deeply about it Mercerman.

Think his performances this season have been even more dire than usual.

Coincidence that we played some of our best football in recent times at Fulham and QPR and won comfortably on Saturday in his absence ? I think not.

Coincidence that we played some of our best football in recent times at Fulham and QPR and won comfortably on Saturday in his absence ? I think not.

We've seen this over and over again and we just know what will happen when he is fit again. Nothing against him at all and if he was used correctly as a squad man then he might be better thought of. The manger is turning him into public enemy number 1 with his silly insistence of continually seemingly trying to base the team around him every time he's available for selection.

The only real cure is for one of them to be shipped out.

I'm not suggesting he warrants a place or that he isn't a poor player but blimey we've had a lot worse over the years MM.

Archived