BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/10064707/tony-gale-warns-paul-lambert-faces-tough-job-at-blackburn-rovers

Add Tony Gale to the list of ex Rovers players who are full time morons these days.

So it was unfair of us to sack Bowyer yet at his beloved Fulham I see he's not criticising their decision to sack Symons. Complete idiot.

Then he talks about the new manager inheriting staff yet fails to mention that the entire team of coaching staff have been sacked, so the new manager won't be inheriting anyone, unlike QPR and Fulham who still have plenty of people in place and where their new manager will have to work with potentially intrusive people like Warnock, Ferdinand and Curbishley.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it was unfair of us to sack Bowyer yet at his beloved Fulham I see he's not criticising their decision to sack Symons. Complete idiot.

Then he talks about the new manager inheriting staff yet fails to mention that the entire team of coaching staff have been sacked, so the new manager won't be inheriting anyone, unlike QPR and Fulham who still have plenty of people in place and where their new manager will have to work with potentially intrusive people like Warnock, Ferdinand and Curbishley.

What a moron. And no, Rovers fans did not want Bowyer out because we wanted a "bigger name", Those of us that wanted him out did so because we want a better manager. A big difference. I don't think anyone here is less than grateful for Bowyer for stabilizing us after kean and co. But it was time for him to go, based on the results of the season so far. And again with the sob story about how GB couldn't sign any players this summer... what about every other freaking transfer window before the embargo? It's not like we have been under the embargo since Bowyer took over. But hey, every chance to pick on Rovers and the fans... :angry2:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/10064707/tony-gale-warns-paul-lambert-faces-tough-job-at-blackburn-rovers

Add Tony Gale to the list of ex Rovers players who are full time morons these days.

They all have agents and Bowyer will be no different and this is where they come into play. A few phone calls to the right people and the damage limitation kicks in.

Plus Gale has always been one happy to stick the boot into the club and fans whenever the opportunity rises.

Interesting stuff and I must say there has always been something about Moyes that comes across as a bit underhand but maybe we need a chunt in charge. As a manager I think he'd be spot on, there's a touch of Hughes about him in terms of the way his teams play etc.

What Venkys need is to keep their man on the ground to keep a clear eye on what's going on from now on and hopefully cut out the gravy train stuff.

Interesting stuff and I must say there has always been something about Moyes that comes across as a bit underhand but maybe we need a chunt in charge. As a manager I think he'd be spot on, there's a touch of Hughes about him in terms of the way his teams play etc.

What Venkys need is to keep their man on the ground to keep a clear eye on what's going on from now on and hopefully cut out the gravy train stuff.

No Problem if Moyes comes as long as Degsy is binned off before and they get a banning order from Ewood and Brockhall for Kenny and David JnR, as well as a no deals involving family members clause. Wouldn't want to go down the conflicts of interest routes again would we.

Remember an interview I read with Graham Alexander about Moyes and they way he works with players,zooming in on their faults and working on improving them, also seems to work better on tight'ish budget, and comes across as somebody who's always looking for 100%, whether or not he has had the stuffing knocked out of him at his last two jobs remains to be soon

No Problem if Moyes comes as long as Degsy is binned off before and they get a banning order from Ewood and Brockhall for Kenny and David JnR, as well as a no deals involving family members clause. Wouldn't want to go down the conflicts of interest routes again would we

Moyes brother is a prominent agent,

he is rumoured to do a lot through him.

No Problem if Moyes comes as long as Degsy is binned off before and they get a banning order from Ewood and Brockhall for Kenny and David JnR, as well as a no deals involving family members clause. Wouldn't want to go down the conflicts of interest routes again would we

They'll be rubbing their hands at the thought of getting a foot in the door :o

So he'd buy crap because........he's in bed with dodgy agents? Is that what you're suggesting? If it is about his abilities in the transfer market, then his time at Everton shows he can be good.

There's no such thing as a dodgy agent as they are all qualified and licenced within the industry.

As for Moyes 11 years at Everton where are the trophies to show for it if any of these players where any good.

There's no such thing as a dodgy agent as they are all qualified and licenced within the industry.

As for Moyes 11 years at Everton where are the trophies to show for it if any of these players where any good.

Licensed and qualified legal conmen at least dick turpin wore a mask

I forgot about how negative you are JAL. Even if Jesus came from heaven, fixed all the world's problems and gave you a donkey that craps M&Ms and gold, you'd still call him a useless twunt. I apologise for being a bit personal but I get tired of all the people constantly criticising every single thing about any subject without offering solutions. It happens everywhere.

Moyes is a pretty good manager but might not be the right man at this time. He's much better than anyone we've had since BFS.

I concur for once. How many FA cup/ league cup semis and finals? How many years in Europe after his initial success? How many times did he spend 10+m on players in this time.

Moyes did an average job at Everton after a good start IMO.

I concur for once. How many FA cup/ league cup semis and finals? How many years in Europe after his initial success? How many times did he spend 10+m on players in this time.

Moyes did an average job at Everton after a good start IMO.

What kind of job did GB do ?

What kind of job did GB do ?

Depends if we are talking big picture. On one hand took over a basket case pointing in one direction, chock full of highly paid failures and loaded with debt. On the other, his lack of ability to consistently provide performances or effect games positively with subs.

That's chapter closed - Jal mentions his opinion on Moyes, which I share partly- felt he was well out of his depth taking on Manchester United and you if you compared the job he did at toffees to the one Hughes did at Rovers? I know who I rate higher.

All you'd get is more Bradley Orr's and Luke Varneys as he's well in with these guys feeding the club.

Moyes would not be very good for the club or its supporters.

Rovers dont need Moyes and never should !!!!

Seriously? He was good enough for Man Utd a little while ago but not good enough for us?

He did an outstanding job at Everton and I would be delighted if he came here.

• Backroom

To be fair, Moyes was never good enough for United, but it's churlish to deny the steady job he did at Everton. Wasted some money but also brought in some excellent players, like most managers. He'd be a real coup if he arrived here, but I very much doubt he'd be interested anyway.

Bowyer is transcending into greatness within 48 hours. Gone are the memories of two years of pitiful, limp showings at Ewood. Defensive calamity, always chasing the game and a season of us looking unfit and disinterested can be excused away. Dwindling gates, apathetic, frustrated and silent fans.

No, his epitaph will simply read, steadied the ship, kept us up when no other man in the world of football could do it, sold Gestede on for a 600% profit and was sacked after a monumental five match unbeaten run...because that's how some of us roll on here.

• Backroom

Bowyer is transcending into greatness within 48 hours. Gone are the memories of two years of pitiful, limp showings at Ewood. Defensive calamity, always chasing the game and a season of us looking unfit and disinterested can be excused away. Dwindling gates, apathetic, frustrated and silent fans.

No, his epitaph will simply read, steadied the ship, kept us up when no other man in the world of football could do it, sold Gestede on for a 600% profit and was sacked after a monumental five match unbeaten run...because that's how some of us roll on here.

He deserves to be remembered fondly for saving us from real meltdown (imo). But he couldn't advance the team or even his own systems and we began to regress quite badly.

Depends if we are talking big picture. On one hand took over a basket case pointing in one direction, chock full of highly paid failures and loaded with debt. On the other, his lack of ability to consistently provide performances or effect games positively with subs.

That's chapter closed - Jal mentions his opinion on Moyes, which I share partly- felt he was well out of his depth taking on Manchester United and you if you compared the job he did at toffees to the one Hughes did at Rovers? I know who I rate higher.

We were 18th when Bowyer took over.

Two years, 20 odd players later, and we're currently 16th.

PROGRESS!

The fact that a bloke from Chester who is paid to watch and write about Rovers for the local rag continues to blow smoke up Bowyer's arse makes no difference to my opinion.

Did well to keep us up as caretaker but his tenure became ever more painful, both on and off the pitch.

All this 'nice guy' crap is nauseating.

Several pops at the fans and the 'out from under their rocks' stuff was his very worst.

Good riddance.

He deserves to be remembered fondly for saving us from real meltdown (imo). But he couldn't advance the team or even his own systems and we began to regress quite badly.

I agree. He was brilliant for us when he first took over. Sorted us out and normalised the madness. He was just under qualified to kick us on and I'm sure he'll be a perfect fit elsewhere. I wish him the best but I don't think people should rewrite history. I know what I saw at Ewood and I know what was frustrating for myself and many,many others...despite how his opinion and perception of games differed greatly.

The fact that a bloke from Chester who is paid to watch and write about Rovers for the local rag continues to blow smoke up Bowyer's arse makes no difference to my opinion.

Did well to keep us up as caretaker but his tenure became ever more painful, both on and off the pitch.

All this 'nice guy' crap is nauseating.

Several pops at the fans and the 'out from under their rocks' stuff was his very worst.

Good riddance.

You would have thought that 'this very decent guy with Rovers' best interests at heart' would have at least issued a statement wishing the club the very best for the future and also thanking both the club and its fans for the opportunity and support.

His silence, IMV, is a damning indictment of the man.

• Moderation Lead

Everton were just outside the relegation zone when he took over, they were top 10 I think when he finished, so hardly as bad as some are suggesting...

With many European finishes included I might add! He wasted some money, but he brought in lots of good players, many are still there now.

• Backroom

Agree with others, Bowyer won't be remembered with any bad feeling but let's be honest he wasn't sacked because he was doing a good job.

He was sacked because he was underachieving and heading nowhere.

Seriously? He was good enough for Man Utd a little while ago but not good enough for us?

He did an outstanding job at Everton and I would be delighted if he came here.

Outstanding are you for real ?

Where's his trophies ?

Archived