BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

I guess Shebby doesn't know as much as he thinks. Maybe he's not as close to the owners as I thought.

Wonder what Kamy makes of this? Somebody must have convinced Desai that enough was enough.

Someone has to be lined up looking like Nixon could well be right for once and Kamy totally wrong

This really has come out the blue so to speak

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to say Thanks to Gary and His staff for the good work at Rovers but it was time to move on.

Hope they all have good careers in the future.

Same here, although I still believe he sullied his reputation somewhat by the end.

Someone has to be lined up looking like Nixon could well be right for once and Kamy totally wrong

This really has come out the blue so to speak

Just about to post the same and now expect an announcement very very soon.

EDIT: I was in the process of reading books in a bid to wean myself of Bowyerism and it feckin well work!! :)

• Backroom

There are plenty of choices out there. Lambert, Sherwood, Pearson, Moyes...

Wonder if Bowyer's recent dig at the fans had any influence on this decision? There must be enough concern over attendance without the manager making it worse.

Amazed this news has come out so abruplty and without leaks. I think we needed to try something else....thanks for your efforts Gary and good luck in the future.

We regressed last year, is it too much of a coincidence that Moyes was sacked yesterday? I would love to have the chap from Watford last season turn up as I think he was great for them.

Whoever the new manager is, I hope they bring Tugay in on the coaching staff.

There are plenty of choices out there. Lambert, Sherwood, Pearson, Moyes...

Wonder if Bowyer's recent dig at the fans had any influence on this decision? There must be enough concern over attendance without the manager making it worse.

Just can't see they would appoint Pearson or Moyes would be interested in.

Not before time as I believe the players have been on easy street for far too long but I believe he is a decent bloke so I would thank him for stabilising the Club when he first came in and wish him all the best for the future.

Is it too much of a coincidence this has happened the day after Moyes?

Though it is the right decision - and for once (providing someone is lined up) the timing is right with the international break - I think we should all seriously thank Gary for his effort. We were an absolute joke when he took over at risk of relegation - at least now we have a reasonable squad. He has made mistakes along the way - and possibly found wanting at times - but ultimately he leaves us in a better position than when he took over.

The fact that all backroom staff have gone suggests somebody is lined up with his own staff coming in also ready to start working with the playera straight away..... but this Venky's Blackburn Rovers ..... Damien Johnson Colin the Rovers Return seller and Mary from BBE snack bar will probably be in dugout for next game

Bit stunned that they have actually acted, just dropping off in front of the telly when it got announced, thought I was dreaming, Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a frying pan /fire scenario.

All the best to all those who have gone but they had there chance.

The utmost respect for everything Gary has done for us, but the time was right.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm suddenly so glad we have Shaw at the club as he's the only one who could possibly haul in Moyes for us.

Really hope Shebby is nowhere near the club right now!

Archived