BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

Constantly hearing how Venky's are finally learning and have learnt some harsh lessons. Personally, I think their keeping quiet was far more to do with being completely wrong every time they opened their mouths or made a decision. Now we shall see what lessons have been learnt.

A big decision ahead for them, and whose advice do they take/trust. My 'semi-realistic' choices would be Jokanovic, Moyes (however unlikely I know) or Pearson (whose personality would appear far too outspoken for them. We love a lap-dog). Interesting times ahead....

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The owners felt that following a disappointing start to the season, they have to act in order to give the club the best chance of success in the remainder of the campaign," said a club statement"

Does that mean there's not going to be a next season?

From Kamy about who advised Mrs D to sack

it will be Arjun, he was over 2 weeks ago. Went back to Pune and obviously convinced Mrs D to sack him.

Also it is Diwali in India so decision to sack will have been made days ago, again supports theory that someone lined up before telling GB.

Who is Arjun ?

Amazed this news has come out so abruplty and without leaks. I think we needed to try something else....thanks for your efforts Gary and good luck in the future.

We regressed last year, is it too much of a coincidence that Moyes was sacked yesterday? I would love to have the chap from Watford last season turn up as I think he was great for them.

Whoever the new manager is, I hope they bring Tugay in on the coaching staff.

What's Tugay done as a coach to impress you.?

Cheers GB, you snatched this club from the jaws of League 1 and brought in some decent players for naff all, whilst dealing with the fall-out of the And*rson/K*an debacle. Not an easy job for anyone, especially a rookie manager.

Time for a change though. If it is Lambert then i hope it's the quick adventurous football he played pre-Villa. If it's the 'Villa' Lambert then we might as well get Bowyer back. Can't imagine Moyes would come to the Championship. Whoever it is they will have to be happy working under an embargo. Needs to be someone with charisma and the ability to get a lot out of a smallish but decent squad.

Glad the old 'venky's only want someone to make a profit on players and stay in the Championship forever' theory has been finally proved to be the nonsense it always was. Not selling Jordan Rhodes for the last 2 seasons was a bit of a clue. They obviously want promotion, it's just they don't know anything about football. Not a good mix.

Let's hope that whoever is advising them on who to choose for the next manager gets it right.

Up the Rovers!

Venky's appointments thus far:-

Steve Kean - went onto Brunei

Michael Appleton - went onto Oxford United

Henning Berg - Legia Warsaw

Berg very much the exception there, methinks, in going onto better things. Wonder where the talented Mr Bowyer will turn up at next?

bowyer will be watching X factor repeats all week

Venky's appointments thus far:-

Steve Kean - went onto Brunei

Michael Appleton - went onto Oxford United

Henning Berg - Legia Warsaw

Berg very much the exception there, methinks, in going onto better things. Wonder where the talented Mr Bowyer will turn up at next?

Don't really think he will have a problem getting a job, mid to lower championship , top half of league 1 I would expect. He has had good press blowing his trumpet which will have been noticed in the footballing world

Lambert, Pearson, Moyes or Davies would all be sensible appointments who all have the cvs to suggest that they could be a success.

I would avoid Holloway like the plague.

Sherwood would galvanise the club but has no experience at this level so is another jump into the unknown.

Critical that we act quickly and decisively with the Preston game 11 days away and with Qpr and Fulham on the lookout also.

Personally I would move heaven and earth to persuade Pearson to come in but would be more than happy with Lambert.

Rumours that promotion experience is required suggests that a domestic manager is most likely.

Just hope that a decision is made quickly and then we can avoid confusion and chaos and get down to hard work on the training ground.

Any MANAGER please. Over 200 games and a promotion or two under his belt. Quite a few out there at the moment. Lambert and Pearson are the obvious ones. Appointment will be interesting to say the least.

Anyone decent will have been made promises about the way the club is going. We also have to show more ambition than QPR and Fulham to get beat them to a decent manager.

Didn't see that coming. Given my views on why I would have stuck with Bowyer but can see why the decision has happened.

This next appointment is massive now. Logic dictates they have someone lined up sacking the whole shooting match. Got a funny feeling they are looking at Rowett.

One of the biggest complaints about bowyer was that he was totally useless as a manager (tactics/subs/etc) and in my opinion was far too pally with the players. But he did have a good eye for a player so with those talents and failings I genuinely think as a scout or coach he will be a credit to any club but as a manager can't see it.

He'll end up as coach at a club like Derby.

Didn't see that coming. Given my views on why I would have stuck with Bowyer but can see why the decision has happened.

This next appointment is massive now. Logic dictates they have someone lined up sacking the whole shooting match. Got a funny feeling they are looking at Rowett.

I hope and pray that logic is in place

Archived