BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too little, too goddamn fuccking late.

Whoever the new guy is, guess what? Excuse on a silver platter ready waiting in a gold carriage. "I only took over in November, what am I supposed to do? I need 1-2 full seasons to implement by plan!"

The season is already gone, best we can hope for is staying up somehow. Venkys or whoever really is running the club just absolutely do not know sh it about football. Why did they keep this idiot employed for so long when it was clear to everyone that he can't do it? Why? So that another season goes by in the trashcan?

Venkys Out.

• Backroom

And I had just finished drafting up the Fans Forum minutes from Monday night, when the line was that the owners would take any decision but that there was no suggestion of any change planned.

Seems like that was the general feeling across the spectrum. You just can't predict what Venky's are going to do.

Lambert mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312499/Blackburn-sack-manager-Gary-Bowyer-former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-boss-Paul-Lambert-lined-replace-him.html

Plus he is favourite with the bookies. 11/10 odds

Looks like Lambert will be new manager from reading the Sun and Daily Mail articles

What do people think?

Too little, too goddamn fuccking late.

Whoever the new guy is, guess what? Excuse on a silver platter ready waiting in a gold carriage. "I only took over in November, what am I supposed to do? I need 1-2 full seasons to implement by plan!"

The season is already gone, best we can hope for is staying up somehow. Venkys or whoever really is running the club just absolutely do not know sh it about football. Why did they keep this idiot employed for so long when it was clear to everyone that he can't do it? Why? So that another season goes by in the trashcan?

Venkys Out.

Exactly, Rhodes will probably be gone next season, so whoever comes in will have it tough.

I will support anyone who is a SENSIBLE appointment. Not holding my breath though.

• Backroom

Lambert mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312499/Blackburn-sack-manager-Gary-Bowyer-former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-boss-Paul-Lambert-lined-replace-him.html

Looks like Lambert will be new manager from reading the Sun and Daily Mail articles

What do people think?

An actual manager with a proper CV? Yes please.

Not been on the site since I lost patience with the whole set up last season. I made my mind up then to save my sanity that I was out until Bowyer et al went. I thought Bowyer would be here until he took us down which he would have done eventually. There's a decent field of candidates out there please don't balls this appointment up !

• Backroom

Right decision but why has it taken until November 2015.

Big thanks and respect to Gary, he put everything he had into the club.

This is Venky's we're talking about. They probably made the decision in the summer and have only just gotten around to actioning it.

Lambert mail article

What do people think?

He's now 1/2 favourite

Good luck to Bowyer and his team whatever they do next. I really wanted him to succeed but it has been apparent for some time he wasn't up to it.

As many have said everything points to a manager coming in with a ready made backroom staff and hopefully they can hit the ground running. For once I hope there is an element of succession planning.

I wish him the best for the future but there's no doubt in my mind he was well out of his depth.

At least now there's the opportunity to debunk the myth that we couldn't attract a credible alternative - I'll bet there's no shortage of good candidates.

Obviously we will ignore them and appoint Judan Ali though.

Archived