BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say at least 50% of fans are going to be disappointed with the replacement, not every one will see who they appoint to be the man to take us back up, any one who has a proper cv and has promotion on it to the Premier League would do fine for me.

Lambert mail article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3312499/Blackburn-sack-manager-Gary-Bowyer-former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-boss-Paul-Lambert-lined-replace-him.html

Plus he is favourite with the bookies. 11/10 odds

Looks like Lambert will be new manager from reading the Sun and Daily Mail articles

What do people think?

Lambert would be ideal, got teams promoted from this league on tight budget experienced, but young enough to still be ambitious.

Holy Shiite! Thought it was a wind up when I logged on. Absolutely shocked. Perfect timing with the international break and then a month or so for any new manager to suss out the squad before January. Venkys will manage to balls it up though.

Thank you Gary for the first 18 months, not so thankful for the second 18, but we could've been in a hell of a lot worse position than we are and I've no doubt he'll get another job in league 1, maybe even the Championship.

• Backroom

I would say at least 50% of fans are going to be disappointed with the replacement, not every one will see who they appoint to be the man to take us back up, any one who has a proper cv and has promotion on it to the Premier League would do fine for me.

Honestly, I think most people will be more than happy with any manager that has a credible CV. We haven't had one since Allardyce, five years is a long time for a club to suffer without a proper manager.

Is it possible Venky's advisers found a way to tempt Jokanovic, leading to this sudden sacking?

From Kamy about who advised Mrs D to sack

it will be Arjun, he was over 2 weeks ago. Went back to Pune and obviously convinced Mrs D to sack him.

Also it is Diwali in India so decision to sack will have been made days ago, again supports theory that someone lined up before telling GB.

Happy he's gone, but gonna take 3 months to appoint someone. And with our record it will be a shocking appointment, so I'm very sceptical

silence break on this for me...apology son? :rover:

JUST ON SKY ...VENKYS DENYING IT NOW.

.KIDDING

it had to happen thats been the most boring footballing start to the season,

I can't believe some commentater talking with Bayes on radio Lancs..no idea who he was. He pummled rovers and fans alike because Bowyer was doing an amazing job and rovers fans are still living in the shearer era..prick

I would just like to say Thanks to Gary and His staff for the good work at Rovers but it was time to move on.

Hope they all have good careers in the future.

hahahaha sorry only comment chaddy....not like you to back whatever the establishment do.

• Backroom

Didn't Kamy post this morning that Bowyer was safe and not going anywhere.....

To be fair anybody with a connection to Pune seems to have been saying that, and Bowyer himself seemed to believe that too.

After the false-dawn sacking story a while back, it seems clear somebody has had it in for Bowyer for a while. As for who that person(s) is...

silence break on this for me...apology son? :rover:

JUST ON SKY ...VENKYS DENYING IT NOW.

.KIDDING

it had to happen thats been the most boring footballing start to the season,

I can't believe some commentater talking with Bayes on radio Lancs..no idea who he was. He pummled rovers and fans alike because Bowyer was doing an amazing job and rovers fans are still living in the shearer era..prick

@#/?, give me a heart attack why don't you?

Archived