BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Sacked

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Lambert had an even worse record at Villa than Sherwood, but some fans won't touch the latter with a barge-pole?

Yeah, I know.

People are judging Lambert on his other jobs, rather than just Villa.

Sherwood has half a season at Spurs (where his contract wasn't renewed) and other than Villa that's it. If the general agreement is that experience is needed then picking Lambert over Sherwood is pretty logical.

What's Tugay done as a coach to impress you.?

He was Mancini's assistant at Galatasary. I'm not saying he should be the new manager but I think it'd be a decent move to have him on the coaching staff...just a personal opinion. Always good to have someone who knows what it's all about around the club, hey ho.

Yet again Abbey you jump in before reading MY COMMENTS from Saturday from here.

I said on Saturday It was time for a change and I was bored at the game on Saturday.

read the forum before slagging me off

The timing of your announcement is very interesting. I suspect you were tipped off!

Lambert is a top manager, did well at Wycombe, jumped ship from Colchester to Norwich though earning the canaries two promotions Villa is a basket case club, he's articulate and has bags of experience as a player, he could turn out as good as souness

Think there's better out there than Lambert , Pearson Warbuton and Moyes come to mind but would they honestly come here ?? Lambert does tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people and like a few have said the Pre-Villa Lambert was very highly rated , Sherwood and Jokanovic imo would be worth interviewing Alan Stubbs and JFH have done very well also just not sure they're what we really need right now... no thank you Holloway and Davies

I don't think anyone would get this current side promoted, we're simply not good enough, lacking in most areas.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can see more of the same.

I agree regarding promotion this season, but if any manager comes in and gets the team on an upward trajectory then it gives hope that with a full pre-season of wheeling and dealing to fill in the missing holes 2016/17 could be a real promotion push

Shocked and amazed they've acted, a little bit sad for Bowyer because he's been here so long, done some vital work in his early stint as manager and I think most of us wanted him to kick on and do well.

Being realistic though he's a big boy and knows what it's all about and he'll have done his profile and bank balance no harm at all but it was for the best before it decended into a real mess with the fans. Sadly the time was last Christmas as I'm convinced a good change then would have seen us in the play offs. Don't think we'd have gone up but it would have given us something to build on this season.

A new manger and whole new backroom staff should give the players a kick up the ass.

Holy mackerel!!! Ive only just read the new currently in a happyshock :)

Jokanovic, lambert or moyes are the obvious preferences, but really i just hope they get it right and hire a legit manager, im not expecting miracles from whoever comes in just want somebody that knows what hes doing and we can all get behind.

I don't think anyone would get this current side promoted, we're simply not good enough, lacking in most areas.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I can see more of the same.

But a decent manager would have got last seasons(and maybe the season befores) squad seriously challanging for tge play offs at least, bowyer wasnt even capable of that.

Archived