BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Got told tonight Danny graham will be signing next week for Blackburn rovers

Makes sense really having listened to Lamberts press conference yesterday. Said clubs are reluctant to let players go over the next week due to the heavy schedule so once those games are out of the way then would imagine it should happen. Sceptical on him but willing to trust the manager and give him a chance.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better keep an eye on Aston Villa in this transfer window. Apparently they are already preparing for the Championship so perhaps Lambert will have some competition from his old club for signings. I guess Lerner will sack his latest manager soon and really they have nothing to lose. So Villa really should do something absolutely massive to spark interest and eradicate the endless boredom suffocating their fans. I know who I would go for in their position and it would be an absolutely sensational hire even if just until the end of the season.

Better keep an eye on Aston Villa in this transfer window. Apparently they are already preparing for the Championship so perhaps Lambert will have some competition from his old club for signings. I guess Lerner will sack his latest manager soon and really they have nothing to lose. So Villa really should do something absolutely massive to spark interest and eradicate the endless boredom suffocating their fans. I know who I would go for in their position and it would be an absolutely sensational hire even if just until the end of the season.

So are they preparing for the championship or sacking the manager and going for a sensational appointment for only half a season can't really be both.

There's zero chance of him going to Bristol.

Why? Did Mercerman say he was going there?

£3M? Do we really have that kind of cash. If we do it sends a shiver up my spine that it's all starting all over again. Can we not try and behave sensibly rather than this boom and bust mentality that's ruined the club through 5 disastrous years. I would rather see us in for loans and young players we can afford rather than splurging and going straight back into a feeding frenzy.

Id rather spend 3 mill elsewhere, on 3 1 Million players or 2 and boost the wages. I dont think Clough is worth that much.

The bid was 3 million mate we haven't got that to spend not until the summer at least and if we did we would have to sell someone first otherwise we could go straight back into the embargo.. If and that's a big if we had 3 million I would rather go for more then just 1 player

You know lol this lol to lol be lol 100% fact or are you just passing rumours off as your own in the know ?

A. You are not in the know

B. You are in the know

C. You will threaten me with violence yet again

I made a comment about us not signing kalas not because it's not happened straight away but because it's not going to happen and never was because we are not in for him...

How do you know this?

I'm not and never will be be I can be 100% confident we are not in for kalas and that twitter account is a fraud

You are not ITK but are 100 percent confident we are not in for Kalas?

To be fair to Adam, you don't need to be in the know to spot a dodgy Twitter account!

Agreed, but this is a transfer thread, and that was a transfer rumour which Adam stated was '100% not going to happen because we are not in for him'

It's only right therefore that we question the validity of his statement? Especially whe he's so sure?

Got told tonight Danny graham will be signing next week for Blackburn rovers

Not the most inspiring signing if true. About an inch taller than rhodes so not a beast of a player. Doesn't score many. 30 so not getting better.

Sunderland supporting mate seemed pleased he is leaving.

With this season all but dead for us I wonder about the logic of this one.

Maybe it just seems more of a let down after Zac Clough talk - young, exciting creative player with huge potential. Local so we have a better appeal to him than bristol.

Trust lambert, but Graham will still be on a big wage even if its less than 35k. Not exactly marquee.

The Clough/Bolton/Bristol City is a very difficult situation for both Bolton and the player.

Bolton clearly need the cash to avoid administration later this month so cannot afford to turn this bid down, yet if Clough goes to Bristol he will be joining a direct relegation rival.

Likewise nobody could blame Clough for not exactly being over the moon with Bristol's interest. For a young kid who was recently linked with Premier League clubs, I can't see a move to Bristol City and another club fighting relegation as being top of his wish list.

Yet if he fails to come to an agreement with Bristol then there's the possibility that Bolton could go into administration and get a 10 point deduction because they don't get a fee for him. Massive pressure on his shoulders knowing that the £3 million on offer could save Bolton.

As for Bristol City, I think £3 million shows they are desperate. They tried to make a splash last summer and failed miserably and are obviously trying it again. The only problem is that Bristol has never been and will never be a pull for the top footballers. People talk about Blackburn being a mess but you've got a hotbed of football on your doorstep and Manchester/Liverpool nearby. Players are happy to move to the NW and live there. Bristol is a big city but not big on football and never has been.

Bristol need to sign a few this window because looking at their squad they are very short on numbers.

The we things are moving you can quite easily see in the near future the city of Bristol becoming a far more attractive overseas investment than Rovers.

Can team Lambert halt the Venkys slide ?

• Backroom

I thought Adam was saying we're 100% not in for Kalas because of the twitter account it came from?

Ie: Same as saying 'If Kean told me the sky was blue, I'd check'. It doesn't mean you actually doubt the colour of the sky, but the source it came from.

The we things are moving you can quite easily see in the near future the city of Bristol becoming a far more attractive overseas investment than Rovers.

Can team Lambert halt the Venkys slide ?

So as this is a transfer thread and not a takeover thread, who would you bring in JAL?

Agreed, but this is a transfer thread, and that was a transfer rumour which Adam stated was '100% not going to happen because we are not in for him'

It's only right therefore that we question the validity of his statement? Especially whe he's so sure?

Does it matter?

Its his opinion based on a bullsh1t twitter account, hes explained several times, and is not claiming any insider knowledge as far as I can see Mani, you're safe :tu:

Move on.

Was replying to JH regarding the credibility of Bristol City Football club that's all Gav.

Yes JAL, sorry, I didn't word it very well.

Anyway, who would you bring in JAL on out budget? I'd be interested to hear some names?

I wonder if Lambert is interest in Celtic centre midfielder Scott Allan?

Was playing well at Hibs and creating chances.

He was the best player on the park at the heart's hibs derby I was at last year but that was in the Scottish championship which is a poor level he can't get a game for Celtic this year I'd suggest he's not good enough.

Does it matter?

Its his opinion based on a bullsh1t twitter account, hes explained several times, and is not claiming any insider knowledge as far as I can see Mani, you're safe :tu:

Move on.

:lol: it would if it was Mercerman making a "100%" statement! I bet he's never had odds as good.

Nixon saying that Kalas isn't being recalled by Chelsea and will stay at Boro for the rest of the season.

On Graham I feel he would be a good addition to the squad,although not prolific in the premier league he has scored goals in the championship and his all round game will be an improvement on what we currently have.Wouldn't be happy with the signing if we had to pay his full wage as feel there is better value for money on the market,but if we are only paying a percentage then yes I think it is worth it.

• Moderation Lead

To add to the above, Ledesma at Middlesbrough might be worth a punt?

How many do Bolton have out of contract? Bloody hell! We've a few as well which frees up the wage bill a little bit imo.

Archived