BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol City seem a very fuddled club. (Too much scrumpy perhaps). Why go big with the bid when that's probably the easy part of the equation. Bolton need anything they can get. They'd have been better throwing that money at the player. A sweetener for the fact they are looking precarious too. Seems odd to me.

Should we be in the hunt I wonder if lennon will put a word in for lambert. Who knows? Sometimes it's the little things which make the difference. Seems a long shot though. His talent won't have gone unnoticed by clubs higher up than we are.

Bristol City seem a very fuddled club. (Too much scrumpy perhaps). Why go big with the bid when that's probably the easy part of the equation. Bolton need anything they can get. They'd have been better throwing that money at the player. A sweetener for the fact they are looking precarious too. Seems odd to me.

Should we be in the hunt I wonder if lennon will put a word in for lambert. Who knows? Sometimes it's the little things which make the difference. Seems a long shot though. His talent won't have gone unnoticed by clubs higher up than we are.

There's a few Prem clubs in the frame according to to the betting. No contest if they show firm interest.

There's zero chance of him going to Bristol.

Personally I think theres a few things against Zak Clough, he's lightweight, not very tall, and not particularly quick.

Good footballer, but Id imagine if PL clubs have looked at him, and given the supposed low fee Bolton are willing to take, why is he still there now?

Not saying we are in for him but please explain how you can be 100% certain that we are not?

No I mean I'm 100 percent sure that twitter is a fraud and makes up stuff all the time.. Who knows who Lamberts targets are

Sorry if I'm muddled lol im dyslexic I struggle sometimes to make things clear

Personally I think theres a few things against Zak Clough, he's lightweight, not very tall, and not particularly quick.

Good footballer, but Id imagine if PL clubs have looked at him, and given the supposed low fee Bolton are willing to take, why is he still there now?

Apparently, he had a slow start to the season and then underwent shoulder surgery.

I thought he looked a good player against us but I don't suppose that is much of a measure.

You could be describing Messi there. Clough will be a top player one day in my opinion and if there is any possibility of signing him we should be all over it.

I was really impressed by Bradley Dack of Gillingham last night. In the Clough mould and a real eye for a goal.

The Clough/Bolton/Bristol City is a very difficult situation for both Bolton and the player.

Bolton clearly need the cash to avoid administration later this month so cannot afford to turn this bid down, yet if Clough goes to Bristol he will be joining a direct relegation rival.

Likewise nobody could blame Clough for not exactly being over the moon with Bristol's interest. For a young kid who was recently linked with Premier League clubs, I can't see a move to Bristol City and another club fighting relegation as being top of his wish list.

Yet if he fails to come to an agreement with Bristol then there's the possibility that Bolton could go into administration and get a 10 point deduction because they don't get a fee for him. Massive pressure on his shoulders knowing that the £3 million on offer could save Bolton.

As for Bristol City, I think £3 million shows they are desperate. They tried to make a splash last summer and failed miserably and are obviously trying it again. The only problem is that Bristol has never been and will never be a pull for the top footballers. People talk about Blackburn being a mess but you've got a hotbed of football on your doorstep and Manchester/Liverpool nearby. Players are happy to move to the NW and live there. Bristol is a big city but not big on football and never has been.

Bristol need to sign a few this window because looking at their squad they are very short on numbers.

The Clough/Bolton/Bristol City is a very difficult situation for both Bolton and the player.

Bolton clearly need the cash to avoid administration later this month so cannot afford to turn this bid down, yet if Clough goes to Bristol he will be joining a direct relegation rival.

Likewise nobody could blame Clough for not exactly being over the moon with Bristol's interest. For a young kid who was recently linked with Premier League clubs, I can't see a move to Bristol City and another club fighting relegation as being top of his wish list.

Yet if he fails to come to an agreement with Bristol then there's the possibility that Bolton could go into administration and get a 10 point deduction because they don't get a fee for him. Massive pressure on his shoulders knowing that the £3 million on offer could save Bolton.

As for Bristol City, I think £3 million shows they are desperate. They tried to make a splash last summer and failed miserably and are obviously trying it again. The only problem is that Bristol has never been and will never be a pull for the top footballers. People talk about Blackburn being a mess but you've got a hotbed of football on your doorstep and Manchester/Liverpool nearby. Players are happy to move to the NW and live there. Bristol is a big city but not big on football and never has been.

Bristol need to sign a few this window because looking at their squad they are very short on numbers.

Bristol have done themselves little favour if they have had a bid accepted on a Friday afternoon. It gives all other interested clubs the whole weekend to get a comparable deal accepted, before Monday when any deal could next be registered.

You could be describing Messi there. Clough will be a top player one day in my opinion and if there is any possibility of signing him we should be all over it.

I was really impressed by Bradley Dack of Gillingham last night. In the Clough mould and a real eye for a goal.

I could be wrong about Clough, but Id sooner look at someone to compliment Rhodes, than another lightweight centre forward.

If we have £3m, I'd sooner use it to bring in 2-3 players.

If Bristol City have had a bid accepted, we need to get on to his agent and find out what it is, then match it. He will surely come to us over Bristol City. He wouldn't have to move and we're more likely to be in at least this league next year. With a concerted effort to get up next year. If he wants to play League 1 / battle relegation in this league, he might as well stay put.

He seems quite swift and skilful, so could compliment Rhodes quite well, pushing the opposition defence back allowing Rhodes to do his stuff in the box. He's also young enough that if it doesn't work out, someone will take a chance that they can realise his potential and we shouldn't lose out too badly. If it's true Bristol City have had a bid accepted, then it's a no brainier for us to be in as well.

If Bristol City have had a bid accepted, we need to get on to his agent and find out what it is, then match it. He will surely come to us over Bristol City. He wouldn't have to move and we're more likely to be in at least this league next year. With a concerted effort to get up next year. If he wants to play League 1 / battle relegation in this league, he might as well stay put.

He seems quite swift and skilful, so could compliment Rhodes quite well, pushing the opposition defence back allowing Rhodes to do his stuff in the box. He's also young enough that if it doesn't work out, someone will take a chance that they can realise his potential and we shouldn't lose out too badly. If it's true Bristol City have had a bid accepted, then it's a no brainier for us to be in as well.

The bid was 3 million mate we haven't got that to spend not until the summer at least and if we did we would have to sell someone first otherwise we could go straight back into the embargo.. If and that's a big if we had 3 million I would rather go for more then just 1 player

Spoke to Wheelock about Clough ad he told me we're "definitely nor in for him". On Kalas he said the only rumours he's heard are the ones on twitter.

At 3 million I'm not bothered about Clough, we could spend that much more wisely.

£3M? Do we really have that kind of cash. If we do it sends a shiver up my spine that it's all starting all over again. Can we not try and behave sensibly rather than this boom and bust mentality that's ruined the club through 5 disastrous years. I would rather see us in for loans and young players we can afford rather than splurging and going straight back into a feeding frenzy.

Spoke to Wheelock about Clough ad he told me we're "definitely nor in for him". On Kalas he said the only rumours he's heard are the ones on twitter.

At 3 million I'm not bothered about Clough, we could spend that much more wisely.

Got told tonight Danny graham will be signing next week for Blackburn rovers

If Bristol City have had a bid accepted, we need to get on to his agent and find out what it is, then match it.

Actually, if we are interested, it would be far better to find out what it is and then severely undercut it. Bolton won't want to sell for less than they've been offered, but the difference of draw between ourselves and Bristol would be pretty huge. Just needs the kid to know there's better on the table to insist he isn't moving to Bristol and force Bolton's hand.

Matching a 3 million bid - or even anything close - is an absolute non-starter.

Archived