SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Moderation Lead

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a non starter.

Good young player, will get better if he knuckles down, but has issues. The type of player we could improve and increase value on.

Graham will lead to same issues we had with Rudy and JR up top. No pace or threat to run in behind. So teams play a high line forcing us deep and making it a struggle.

We dont need a target man, we need pace. We have to push teams back and get JR playing in the final 3rd, because he's a chocolate fireguard outside that final 3rd

We need players who can contribute every game. We need players with technique and mental toughness. In other words, as Souness would say - proper footballers.

Graham will lead to same issues we had with Rudy and JR up top. No pace or threat to run in behind. So teams play a high line forcing us deep and making it a struggle.

We dont need a target man, we need pace. We have to push teams back and get JR playing in the final 3rd, because he's a chocolate fireguard outside that final 3rd

Valid point, although it's easier to find a big lad up front than it is to find players with pace + end product.

He'd fit right in with the mentality we have at the moment. The mentality Lambert needs to erradicate.

Yes, he'd be a risk in this squad, worth a risk with a more established squad.

As someone else stated, Clough a better option.

Can't see us doing much more than the targetman striker Lambert's already said he wants based on his latest interview. Repeatedly mentioned summer window being where the major rebuilding will take place so think it's about getting through this season, then building a decent team for next.

He's probably concluded after our last 3 performances and results that it would take nothing short of a miracle to even compete for the play offs, never mind get in them.

When he took over we had a slim chance of charging up the table and sneaking 6th place. Performances and results over Xmas have shown us all, manager included, that this bunch were never remotely good enough.

Lambert has therefore got the rest of this season to secure the 22 points we need for survival whilst weighing up exactly what he needs for next season.

If we'd have won the last 3 it might have been worth a gamble in January to push the boat out and spend big to sneak the top 6. Now it isnt. We clearly need a couple of attacking additions, probably 3 if Lawrence hot foots it at the end of the month,

Summer is a far better time to try and add quality players and I imagine it is a less risky time in terms of FFP obligations as the threshold goes up to £13 million soon.

Friend of mine who is pretty close to Bolton reckons Rovers are in for Clough.

Ties in with views that Lambert will be able to make at least one 'modest' cash purchase provided signing(s) tick(s) the Venky boxes ie young, potential with future resale value.

Friend of mine who is pretty close to Bolton reckons Rovers are in for Clough.

Ties in with views that Lambert will be able to make at least one 'modest' cash purchase provided signing(s) tick(s) the Venky boxes ie young, potential with future resale value.

Please let this be true top TOP player!!! Would be worth pushing the boat out for. I'd throw £500k n take Mark Davies off them too..

He's probably concluded after our last 3 performances and results that it would take nothing short of a miracle to even compete for the play offs, never mind get in them.

When he took over we had a slim chance of charging up the table and sneaking 6th place. Performances and results over Xmas have shown us all, manager included, that this bunch were never remotely good enough.

Lambert has therefore got the rest of this season to secure the 22 points we need for survival whilst weighing up exactly what he needs for next season.

If we'd have won the last 3 it might have been worth a gamble in January to push the boat out and spend big to sneak the top 6. Now it isnt. We clearly need a couple of attacking additions, probably 3 if Lawrence hot foots it at the end of the month,

Summer is a far better time to try and add quality players and I imagine it is a less risky time in terms of FFP obligations as the threshold goes up to £13 million soon.

I think that is very logical mate. Why blow your brains out in the crappy January market when there's no chance of promotion.

Still think they'll do some business if the right players are available

Think someone has changed Clough's wiki page :

"On 07 January 2016, Bolton accepted an offer of £1.25 million from Salford City FC with Clough going on record saying he thinks there prospects are much greater than that of Bolton Wanderers."

Think someone has changed Clough's wiki page :

"On 07 January 2016, Bolton accepted an offer of £1.25 million from Salford City FC with Clough going on record saying he thinks there prospects are much greater than that of Bolton Wanderers."

don`t you just love wiki

I was going to say I think we'll sign a defender next , after Henry returned to West Ham it does leave us short at the back , but after hearing today that Koita And Delfounso are both out injured I think we'll push the boat out to try and get a striker in before next tuesday

Can't see us doing much more than the targetman striker Lambert's already said he wants based on his latest interview. Repeatedly mentioned summer window being where the major rebuilding will take place so think it's about getting through this season, then building a decent team for next.

I Agree with that view , danger as well. Also told that Shaw is saying there wont be much more action this January unless they get people out first because even though we are out of embargo the wage bill is still way too high against our income. So I think we can all forget about the likes of Grabban, Clough etc where sizeable fees would be needed in addition to the wages. So Whilst we are out of the embargo with a bit of room to play in the loan market I think it will be used in a case of need situation rather than squad building . Ultimately, we are still sailing close to the wind and I think the last few results have changed the goalposts for this window.

Archived