BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, this was always going to be a season of consolidation. It was just that our auspicious start kindled a flicker of hope that soon faded. After the last few performances, Lambert will now fully understand the size of the task before him. We need a serious reshuffle, and luckily a lot of the deadwood can be offloaded free of charge. To echo what others have said, if we can make some shrewd acquisitions between now and the end of season then great, but otherwise I would keep our powder dry until the summer and rebuild the side in earnest.

Quite right. The positive feeling born out of having a qualified manager in charge, supported by seemingly more sensible decision making from above.

I can't quite go that far ojw :D but small steps and all that :tu:

The reported fee is £2-£2.5 million, at that price we were never in the running.

Yeah he was never going to be less than that with his scoring record, wished he could have stayed put until the summer where we might have been in better position to move for him... Sounds like Lambert wants more proven quality at this level though. These are the sort of players we need to be looking at though, too many of them pass us by.

Any news on kalas? The guy who said this last night was same twitter account who said Washington to Reading.

Noticed that myself, also noticed that he posted that tweet a few hours before the daily mail wrote an article about that move, one can only hope that there's something in that rumour. Would be a top signing but will believe it when I see it, few people have asked Wheelock about it so wouldn't be surprised if he can shed a bit of light on it, usually get's back to me so will ask him the question.

I wouldn't read too much into that site. It's a faceless transfer site that steals other's tweets.

Yea I know, rumours are to be taken as rumours it's just that I rate Kalas and even if it's unlikely for him to come, it'd be a cracking signing!

We need someone with an end product. A striker who can hold the ball up well as well as score, a winger that can beat his man, deliver a decent cross and contribute with a goal every few games. A midfielder who can take on players and thread balls through to our striker(s) in the Dunn mould. N'Zogbia I don't think has the apetite, especially for the rigorous Championship.

I see Hoilett has played 10 games scoring 3, would anyone fancy him back? Or has he been injured as of late? Not sure he fits with the category 'end product' though.

Not sure whether or not he's fit after his ankle injury, but Andreas Cornelius (previously Cardiff) looked a good prospect. Able to score and with physical presence. Still think he's destined for a bigger league eventually despite returning to FC Copenhagen, and having some back luck with injuries since.

I tell you who would be a cracking signing for us , and he just might be available on loan if his club buy another striker (and keep the ones they've got) .... he's only played 7 times this year, according to wiki ..... Leonardo Ulloa :tu:

That's the second time you've posted this.

Are you his agent? ;)

Lmao, oh right. Completely forgot I posted this. :D

Btw, I'm not sure if Rantie is playing much or what his situation is, but imo he would be very good signing playing off Rhodes.

Archived