BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly it shows how threadbare we are when despite those comments Graham could probably still be considered an upgrade on what we've got, or rather what we haven't. Anyway hopefully it's just a smokescreen for something more interesting B)

He's mince. I had a housemate at uni who was a Swansea fan so used to watch a lot of their games when he streamed them. Never rated him, even back then. He's worse now as well. I don't know where this target-man or "good foil for Rhodes" stuff comes from either, he's just a poacher. Rarely came forward to show for the ball, just made stupid runs all the time in the opposite direction of the ball.

Would always give a player a chance but I seriously hope we don't sign him.

I agree on the target man part, I was a bit bemused as to where that came from too.

• Moderation Lead

I agree on the target man part, I was a bit bemused as to where that came from too.

You know what it's like on here mate, throw enough mud and some of it will stick ;-)

Danny Graham almost 31 should be no where near this club.

It says something that for the last three years he's been loaned out and not wanted at Sunderland christ even Hull sent him back after going 20 games without a goal.

Sunderland fans on him from todays game - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-footballer-or-binman.1184210/

& In general - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1184215/

I trust Lambert's football knowledge over yours

Absolutely... Not a single positive comment!

Just been reading up on him a bit, apparently when he came on as a sub to make his debut at S/land he was booed and jeered,

they really don't like Geordies.

He's played 30 times for them, but only scored once however, not good !

Seems to have done quite well for some of his other clubs though.

Danny Graham in an interview :

The Gateshead-born striker supports Newcastle and in an interview conducted during his time at Watford was asked who he would support if his club ceased to exist.

Graham replied: 'Put it this way. I would stay as far away from Sunderland as I could. It would probably have to be Gateshead.'

That and the fact he has been very poor for them, mean he isn't going to get an easy ride. Its hatred up their, Lee Clarke was made to wear an anti-Sunderland t-shirt by his mates for a photo, they had several thousand season ticket holders signing a petition to force him out.

If he comes, I'll back the managers judgement, but wages apart he's got to be a better bet than Koita, Delfy or Brown. As for wages, we where paying almost all Leon Bests whilst he was at various other clubs on loan.

Graham is a solid player at this level. Brings with him a bit of experience, and much better than Chris Brown and Koita.

He also is a player who can hold up the ball, as he did alot of that while at Swansea. He is not bad at heading a ball either, and does track back to help out in defense

Doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to me if Sunderland fans hate Graham. They paid a lot of money for and to him and he hasn't cut it in the Premier League. Added to the fact he's a Geordie. 'Nuff said.

He desperately needs to kickstart his career and has always scored goals at this level so I would be quietly confident if he signs to be honest.

Danny Graham almost 31 should be no where near this club.

It says something that for the last three years he's been loaned out and not wanted at Sunderland christ even Hull sent him back after going 20 games without a goal.

Sunderland fans on him from todays game - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-footballer-or-binman.1184210/

& In general - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1184215/

Plenty of posts slamming Graham, so I'm not having a pop at you Dunnfc, but shouldn't we be trusting Lamberts judgement?

We have a proper manager now, and I for one trust his judgement, if he can bring Graham in that in itself would be a massive improvement on Brown, delf or koita.

Martinez said that McGeady didn't play today because 3 clubs have made a loan move for him, are we one of those 3 clubs?

Can only hope. Recon clubs like West Brom, Derby and Norwich will be in there though... Possibly even Burnley.

Why did Graham play today IF hes about to sign for us? Sunderland went out and now hes cuptied.

Big Sam is the arch pragmatist and I'd imagine that the Cup is way down on his list of priorities, so I'd reckon he rotated his squad.

We aren't going to win the Cup this year so it shouldn't be an impediment to us signing him if Lambert wants him.

In regard to Graham the only question we need to ask ourselves is if he is better than Brown and Koita.

Abbey is better that Brown and Koita, sadly he's contracted to BT until 2025 so thats a non starter.

Graham would be a good signing in my opinion, a good foil for Rhodes.

Archived