BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey is better that Brown and Koita, sadly he's contracted to BT until 2025 so thats a non starter.

Graham would be a good signing in my opinion, a good foil for Rhodes.

No basis for what I'm about to say really. But if I were Lambert I'd have to be completely sure Graham wouldn't be coming here for a final pay day. I guess the fact he's been out on loan suggests hes still got a degree of pride. But I have had the impression for the last few years that maybe he's lost some hunger for the game. Maybe that's being fuelled by a hateful relationship with the fans at Sunderland. Maybe its entirely unfair and born from having had our fingers burned before. But its the impression I get nonetheless.

No basis for what I'm about to say really. But if I were Lambert I'd have to be completely sure Graham wouldn't be coming here for a final pay day. I guess the fact he's been out on loan suggests hes still got a degree of pride. But I have had the impression for the last few years that maybe he's lost some hunger for the game. Maybe that's being fuelled by a hateful relationship with the fans at Sunderland. Maybe its entirely unfair and born from having had our fingers burned before. But its the impression I get nonetheless.

Can't argue with any of that PV, but I hope Lamberts equipped to identify players of that ilk, and anyone he brings in will be hungry, determined and up for the fight.

Can't argue with any of that PV, but I hope Lamberts equipped to identify players of that ilk, and anyone he brings in will be hungry, determined and up for the fight.

Not sure why I quoted your post Gav. Wasn't really directed at anything you said. Sorry about that.

Are Derby just going to keep spending they are already at around £25m this season and God knows what last year. Glad to see ffp is keeping things fair.

FFP will be scrapped soon, the acceptable losses rise each season. Lets face it teams that come down and up havent agreed to the terms of it, its a farce and then theres the teams who didnt agree to it, then theres the breaches of eu laws, then theres the workabke ways around it etc. We only kick up a fuss because our owners were silly enough not to sort the books and our owner spent premiership money on rubbish players. Same goes for forest, similar anyway. Bolton arent really bothered and fulham have said themselves theyll come out of embargo soon as acceptable losses goes to 14mil

• Backroom

Abbey is better that Brown and Koita, sadly he's contracted to BT until 2025 so thats a non starter.

Graham would be a good signing in my opinion, a good foil for Rhodes.

Not to worry I can sort out releasing Abbey from his contract :P

Not to worry I can sort out releasing Abbey from his contract :P

Well I have contacts at the club and we're not paying Abbey more than 15k a week, so do the deal Tom, take it or leave it.

• Backroom

Well I have contacts at the club and we're not paying Abbey more than 15k a week, so do the deal Tom, take it or leave it.

Not sure he'd take a wage drop, after all he was working overtime he said!

In regard to Graham the only question we need to ask ourselves is if he is better than Brown and Koita.

If he's on a fair wedge, I think we need to be asking more questions than that. Plenty of players around better than Brown who would likely take less than Graham.

In regard to Graham the only question we need to ask ourselves is if he is better than Brown and Koita.

Surely the question we need to ask is "Is he the best we can possibly get within our budget?" (Which I doubt imo)

Can't really see the point in signing someone who is only a marginal improvement on players who it would appear simply aren't up to the task.

When you get to the point were you're set up for life how easy is it to motivate yourself ? Any player who's had 10 years on current Premier League wages should be a multi millionaire and will never have to work again. Say you won the lottery, how focused would you be on your current job ?

It's a real concern- we definitely need players to come in who will change the mentality of the club.

• Backroom

From Alan Nixon

Derby. Made very low bid for Markus Olsson at Blackburn.

Very clever, make a low bid to show their interest; we turn it down and then he joins them for free in summer

Sorry but i really don't rate olsson much as a defender, take away his pace and he's a below average player i think, the problem is is that he's the only player we have with real pace.

I'd replace him with that little left wing back on loan at rangers from Newcastle. ....Shane or Sean....Northern Ireland international . ....forgot his last name.

Archived