BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Parker In Centre Mid.

Could be the experienced leader we are looking for. Yes he's 35, but at the right price and wages could be worth it on a short deal.

Blue Monday ....as New Order once sang .".It seems like I've been here before "... ;) (Everythings Gone Green)

Another Danny Murphy scenario perhaps ..?

Well any New Order reference gets a thumbs up from me :tu:

From Ruined In A Day - "Some people like to deceive you, While others may feel that they need you, While I do the best that I can...."

Parker strikes me as being a decent professional, and besides its a totally different scenario with Lambo in charge.

Scott Parker In Centre Mid.

Could be the experienced leader we are looking for. Yes he's 35, but at the right price and wages could be worth it on a short deal.

Murphy & Etuhu have scared us off these type of deals for life probably :(

I'm surprised nobody is jizzing at Charlie Austin being on that list. Have we all started to become realistic?

That will be a hell of a signing for someone (someone in the Premiership of course). It made me start nosing around at his situation, and I saw that Pardew reacted angrily to Neil Warnock saying Palace should sign him.

"Neil Warnock was the manager here and he didn't do very well so I am not really interested in his opinion," Pardew said. "Charlie Austin is of no interest to us."

Bit harsh!!

Danny Graham almost 31 should be no where near this club.

It says something that for the last three years he's been loaned out and not wanted at Sunderland christ even Hull sent him back after going 20 games without a goal.

Sunderland fans on him from todays game - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-footballer-or-binman.1184210/

& In general - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1184215/

Could be the new Danny Murphy ? Could be the new Gordon Cowans.

No risk no reward, NO signing is a guaranteed success, but a good manager will carry out due diligence to minimise that risk.

But it would be a shame to rule out ever signing a senior player again just because Danny Murphy was an unprofessional sh!t bag. We'd never get the pleasure of watching the next Cowans or Tugay.

Having said that I don't know if Parker is still a good bet. Injury prone? Good Engine? Legs Gone?

Edit. Didn't see Windy Millers post, who beat me to it

I think the business under Lambert will be more about getting the right characters in as opposed to marquee signings.

We've enough prima donnas and lazy ne'er do wells, I'll trust Lambert's judgement on changing this culture.

Danny Graham almost 31 should be no where near this club.

It says something that for the last three years he's been loaned out and not wanted at Sunderland christ even Hull sent him back after going 20 games without a goal.

Sunderland fans on him from todays game - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-footballer-or-binman.1184210/

& In general - http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1184215/

I wonder how much of that hate comes down to him being a Geordie?

After reading all that I hope we stay well clear of Graham!

He's mince. I had a housemate at uni who was a Swansea fan so used to watch a lot of their games when he streamed them. Never rated him, even back then. He's worse now as well. I don't know where this target-man or "good foil for Rhodes" stuff comes from either, he's just a poacher. Rarely came forward to show for the ball, just made stupid runs all the time in the opposite direction of the ball.

Would always give a player a chance but I seriously hope we don't sign him.

Archived