BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its good to login to this thread each night and find it busy with opinion and possible targets again.

Paul Lambert is a proper manager, knows his players, knows whats required and will bring in what he thinks will improve the side I have no doubt.

Maybe becuase he's been on the bench a bit, can't say I'm that impressed with him.

I dunno. In a side more designed to attack than defend I'm pretty sure he'd shine. Stick him in a derby or boro side he'd look the part. Good little player I reckon. And all being well he'll forge a good career for himself in the PL in time.

Its good to login to this thread each night and find it busy with opinion and possible targets again.

Paul Lambert is a proper manager, knows his players, knows whats required and will bring in what he thinks will improve the side I have no doubt.

Very true. And we must learn to accept gradual improvement not the stratospheric kind we had when Jack bought us.

Having said that, you never know and that's the beauty of football.

Quite right. The positive feeling born out of having a qualified manager in charge, supported by seemingly more sensible decision making from above.

Thomas Kalas would be one of the biggest coups for us in a long long time. Lad was outstanding for Chelsea at centre half against Liverpool in that infamous Gerard 'slip' game but I've been following his career for a few years before signing for Chelsea... The lad is a class act. I do fear that clubs like Ajax and PSV would probably come in for him given his form whilst playing in Holland and generally believe that other clubs across Europe would definitely want his services.

I'll be over the moon if it happens but i'll sit tight at this point because I'm not quite convinced. There is definitely room for him to come in at right back/centre half and be worth a lot more than what we might get him for.

Great listening to Lambert in that interview (Cheers Chaddy), really enjoy listening to him and always comes across like a hard working and knowledgable chap. That interview does seem to give us some indication that he's figured out that the squad isn't quite good enough for the playoffs and there's need of an overhaul. The way that he emphasises the importance of the summer window and how we will get value for money then rather than now indicates that he's already planning for a push next year. How he talks about the amount of players he's inquired about and how many deals that have been on and off shows that we probably know about 20% of the names we're interested in.

On Lawrence, fair play to him as he's obviously come here to play and wants to make sure thats the case, would great to see him get a few more starts now as the lad has ability but he's obviously got an eye on the emergency loan window in case he's benched.

Lambert targeting "big hitters" with the summer transfer window being the crucial one:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14190270.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_targeting__big_hitters______but_he_ll_have_to_wait_to_get_Danny_Graham/?ref=mac

The FFP returns to be submitted to the football league will be upto 30th June 2016, so I am wondering if what Rovers are doing is ensuring that they are within the limits for this season which will mean we can't be placed into embargo next season. Then embark upon a spending spree from 1st July which will mean that they could not be hit with another transfer embargo until January 2018 by which time the football league FFP will be fully under the amended regulations which are much less stringent.

Lambert targeting "big hitters" with the summer transfer window being the crucial one:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14190270.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_targeting__big_hitters______but_he_ll_have_to_wait_to_get_Danny_Graham/?ref=mac

The FFP returns to be submitted to the football league will be upto 30th June 2016, so I am wondering if what Rovers are doing is ensuring that they are within the limits for this season which will mean we can't be placed into embargo next season. Then embark upon a spending spree from 1st July which will mean that they could not be hit with another transfer embargo until January 2018 by which time the football league FFP will be fully under the amended regulations which are much less stringent.

and by then Rovers will be back in the Premier League gravy train :D .......... I hope :unsure:

• Backroom

“My job is to try and make this club stronger. We have identified people and they are people who, if we manage to get them, will surprise a few because they’re big, big hitters and big players. They will be fantastic for us."

It's time guys... RONALDINHO :rover:

“My job is to try and make this club stronger. We have identified people and they are people who, if we manage to get them, will surprise a few because they’re big, big hitters and big players. They will be fantastic for us."

Thank god - signs of someone with a bit of ambition and actually wanting to build a team, - rather than signing any cheapie hoping to make a bit of profit.

Not sure who we will or won't get, but it feels great to actually be discussing transfer targets like a normal club.

Thankfully we are out of the embargo, and thankfully we have a professional manager who has the contacts/experience to cast the net a lot wider when looking for targets.

For all my misgivings over the recent performances, the recent quotes and soundbites coming out of Ewood sound positive, and next season we could really flourish. We just need to get a squad of players who believe in Lambert's approach, as it's clear a significant number of the current squad are sulking. No time for them.

COYB!

Archived