BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

A midfielder who's first thought is to play the ball forward would be a start ! ...the lad at Colchester , George Moncur has been getting some rave reviews too

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not wrong there Chaddy, Tell me the last one we had. Dunny about 5 years ago ? Somebody who can run with and get in front of the strikers.

It's this exact reason I was so annoyed with us selling judge. He had that in his locker. Remember those 10-20yard dashes with the ball Dunn would make? Just those few seconds had the ability to move the opposition defences out of shape and create space for others. Judge is as close to that I've seen in a rovers shirt for being able to replicate that to a lesser degree.

It's also why I hope we don't opt for a lumox of a striker this window. Rhodes is too slow to react to flick ons and he isn't blessed with acceleration. But you have a centre forward who's happy dribbling with the ball and pulling centre halves out of shape and Rhodes will think Christmas has come early.

Connor Washington looks the real deal, hadn't ever really heard of him before Chaddy mentioned him. Although I'm positive that many other clubs will be fishing around

I think it was Neal that mention him first on here a couple of months ago.

I've only seen him on highlights and read some of the reviews about him.

If he is still at Peterbrough come this summer then I hope we sign him.

You're not wrong there Chaddy, Tell me the last one we had. Dunny about 5 years ago ? Somebody who can run with and get in front of the strikers.

Thats what we have lacked for a long time.

We need a goalscoring midfielder if we are ever going to get promote

Having heard Lambert talk about the German player market and the value you get compared to here, I'm surprised we've not been linked with anyone from there to be honest.

Maybe thats a market he'll look to exploit in the summer rather January.

I've noticed that Graham will pick the ball up and run into the box with it - we have missed that for so long. His finishing isn't as clinical as Rhodes' but he makes things happen around him and going off his YouTube footage, is good at forcing and predicting mistakes. He's well worth a punt.

• Backroom

Having heard Lambert talk about the German player market and the value you get compared to here, I'm surprised we've not been linked with anyone from there to be honest.

We weren't linked with Bennett til 2 days before.

I've noticed that Graham will pick the ball up and run into the box with it - we have missed that for so long. His finishing isn't as clinical as Rhodes' but he makes things happen around him and going off his YouTube footage, is good at forcing and predicting mistakes. He's well worth a punt.

Mm, " pick the ball up and run into the box with it " . Are we still allowed to do that ?

Isn't that what the embargo was about? No passing forwards and dribbling?

As the saying goes, 'When money is tight make sure the football is shyte. When you can't fill the ground turn to Chris Brown. When you're praying to the heavans keep playing Cory Evans. When you're short on dough rely on Jason Lowe. And when you have no threepenny bit just steady the ship'.

I agree with the point you're making EP, but using Diouf as the yardstick is going to persuade anyone.

He was a **** when he was at Bolton, he was a **** when he was at Liverpool, he was a **** when he was with us and I guarantee he's still a **** now :tu:

FYI - Dioufy also sends hundreds of thousands of pounds back to Senegalese children's charities. Is also involved in several children's charities across the UK. So I guess it depends on what your definition of a **** really is.

They are not skint. They used to be until a new chairman bailed them out and he has a few bob

They're skint pal, trust me.

Well skint enough to have been unable to some of their bills until the gate receipts dropped in yesterday...

I think it was Neal that mention him first on here a couple of months ago.

I've only seen him on highlights and read some of the reviews about him.

If he is still at Peterbrough come this summer then I hope we sign him.

Thats what we have lacked for a long time.

We need a goalscoring midfielder if we are ever going to get promote

Funnily enough Peterborough have some decent goal scoring midfielders, tidy little team.

There is A LOT of value in the german market. Lad called Marcel Heller, plays for Darmstadt who were recently promoted to the Bundsliga looks like one of the best players in the league, you could have bough him for about a million quid in the summer. Hughes and his scouts certainly know the German market, their track record is brilliant, Samba 300k, Arnautovic 2 million, and Wollscheid a similar fee apparently. There's value in the Bundsliga 2 also, Goretzka who is a young midfielder that plays for Schalke week in week out signed for them for 2.5 million, he's top class. A young lad called Kimmich moved from Leipzig to Munich in the summer for about 5 million quid and looks destined to be the next Schweinsteiger or Kroos. The young talent coming out of Germany is just staggering to be honest.

I don't play football manager btw (don't have the time) but just generally know a lot about football in different leagues.

A midfielder who's first thought is to play the ball forward would be a start ! ...the lad at Colchester , George Moncur has been getting some rave reviews too

He and Marvin Sordell (remember him?) have really good partnership. Moncur looks too good for that league IMO, really tidy technically gifted player.

Funnily enough Peterborough have some decent goal scoring midfielders, tidy little team.

There is A LOT of value in the german market. Lad called Marcel Heller, plays for Darmstadt who were recently promoted to the Bundsliga looks like one of the best players in the league, you could have bough him for about a million quid in the summer. Hughes and his scouts certainly know the German market, their track record is brilliant, Samba 300k, Arnautovic 2 million, and Wollscheid a similar fee apparently. There's value in the Bundsliga 2 also, Goretzka who is a young midfielder that plays for Schalke week in week out signed for them for 2.5 million, he's top class. A young lad called Kimmich moved from Leipzig to Munich in the summer for about 5 million quid and looks destined to be the next Schweinsteiger or Kroos. The young talent coming out of Germany is just staggering to be honest.

I don't play football manager btw (don't have the time) but just generally know a lot about football in different leagues.

Very informative that. Didn't the Dingles pick up Hennings from German football?

Great post.

Thinking about it, the value in players is systemic of how football in general in Germany is good value. The Bundesliga doesn't have the glitz of the prem but in many ways it's a good thing because fans and clubs don't become poisoned by the money and can be more content with more realistic achievements. I find it really surprising that more English clubs don't take advantage of that market because the wages and fee's are so much more realistic that surely it would be easy to get deals done? Lad called Anthony Ujah moved from Koln to Werder Bremen for about 3 million pounds, he's scored double figures for the last 3 seasons... How much would that player cost if they did that here? What are English clubs like Villa (who lost Benteke), Newcastle, Sunderland etc doing whilst deals like this pass them by? English football on so many levels is just one massive waste of money. Criminal.

Archived