BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a funny feeling We will sign a striker tomorow in time for Tuesdays game

Although i would love us to sign a striker in time, i think Lambert will be waiting on Danny Graham first and foremost but Allardyce has said he isn't going anywhere until the end of the week due to Sunderland playing Sat/Wed/Sat and i'm guessing it will be dependent on him getting a replacement in as well.

• Moderation Lead

Bolton in admin if not bought in the next 48 hrs according to their local paper so I expect they'll be doing brisk outgoing business in the next day or so.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14194824.Bolton_Wanderers_will_look_to_go_into_administration_if_not_bought_in_next_48_hours/

Bloody hell, thought it was only a matter of time tbh.

Frightening stuff reading that and the comments section, something badly stinks over there and has for a long while. Still the agents will be happy when the carcass gets picked.

something sticks to high heaven, this post on the comments section nails it for me

So the truth is finally seeping out. Selling the club for £1 equates to actually costing £14M (to cover director loans) & being able to cover monthly losses of £900k. That's a bloody big pound!!!
The choices seem to be selling to alleged asset strippers or administration, which will involve asset stripping!!!
Seems to me that by the summer, even if we avoid liquidation, we won't have any players of note left and not own a single brick of the various assets we have now.
Somebody please tell me what I have to be grateful to Eddie Davies for. Oh and before someone harps on about the glory Prem years and Europe adventures, please try to take into account that the future generation of Bolton fans will pay a high price for older fans day out in Munich.
Seems we are going the same way as Leeds and Portsmouth.

Saint Eddie eh ? Lost count of the times some Boltonites I know came out with the line "we'll be ok all our debt is owed to lifelong fan Eddie not some Indian bank" when ripping the @#/? out of Rovers situation. These benefactors are often not what they seem :huh:

• Backroom

Saint Eddie eh ? Lost count of the times some Boltonites I know came out with the line "we'll be ok all our debt is owed to lifelong fan Eddie not some Indian bank" when ripping the @#/? out of Rovers situation. These benefactors are often not what they seem :huh:

Ipswich are in a similar situation with Marcus Evans at the moment. Last I read their debt levels were slightly higher than ours, though I'd imagine by now we've overtaken them.

There are a lot of clubs in the PL and FL that could be in Bolton's position should their owners decide to pack it in.

how many saleable assets have Bolton actually got ??? once Clough and Davies goes , who else have they got they could get a half decent fee for ?? Ameobi ??

From that same article I thought this was a very well written comment:

"Death by 1000 cuts is almost at an end....RIP BWFC.
What a horrible period this has been. The recent deaths of rock legends Motorhead's Lemmy and today Bowie, then Bolton Wanderers. Whilst the rockers can now rest, BWFC will have to work hard to rise from the Ashes (to ashes).

Whilst the rockers can leave a lasting legacy for their fans. Eddie Davies, Phil Gartside and rest of the board have nothing to be proud of and have taken away much more than they leave behind. Disgrace!"

David Wheater, Jay Spearing, Dean Moxey, Pratley and Max Clayton are decent shouts for me. For me Spearing and Pratley are a step up of Williamson, and O'Sullivan, while Wheater could be a decent starter.

Well i can't argue with that bit , but i wouldn't take any of them over what we have in our first team

Archived