BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

That just weakens us though imo when clubs know we've money to spend and increases the value of players we want to purchase.... :(

I'm not suggesting we go crazy like Derby and spend £20m odd, but something in the region of £5m if spent shrewdly could buy us the players needed to make the difference. If we fall afoul of FFP then @#/? it, at least we'll have given ourselves a shot, rather than bobbing along hoping for the best.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mcgeehan - Luton

Hessenthaler - Gillingham

Bradley Dack - Gillingham

Roofe - Oxford

Che Adams - Sheff Utd

Moncur - Colchester

All players that we could probably afford to take a small punt on THIS WINDOW. Particularly Dack, Moncur and Roofe are the sort of players that could come in and make a proper impact here.

Mark Davies going to Sheff Wed on a free - missed a trick there!!

Really frustrating, no fee but big wages?

I'm not suggesting we go crazy like Derby and spend £20m odd, but something in the region of £5m if spent shrewdly could buy us the players needed to make the difference. If we fall afoul of FFP then @#/? it, at least we'll have given ourselves a shot, rather than bobbing along hoping for the best.

Don't even think you would need that much this window if you spend wisely.

Mcgeehan - Luton

Roofe - Oxford

Che Adams - Sheff Utd

Moncur - Colchester

All players that we could probably afford to take a small punt on THIS WINDOW. Particularly Dack, Moncur and Roofe are the sort of players that could come in and make a proper impact here.

£20k p/w 3.5yr contract. I'd have matched that! Gutted

Mcgeehan - Luton

Roofe - Oxford

Che Adams - Sheff Utd

Moncur - Colchester

McGeehan is one I have been looking at! He has scored 9 from midfield this season!

Lawrence flatters to deceive. A spark here, a spark there - very occasionally, he produces something of quality.

I think he lacks consistency and the mentality to 'do it' for 90+ minutes - a potential years ago that is failing to materialise and it's why United showed him the door and he has struggled to make it at Leicester. Don't think he's 'one for the trenches' and not for us.

Nail on the Head Mercerman, the above can be said for most of our squad!

McGeehan is one I have been looking at! He has scored 9 from midfield this season!

Watched him FA cup earlier this season and looked a good player.

Agreed on Lawrence, glad he only decided to stay month because he can bugger off based on his recent performances.

• Backroom

Im worried about how so many of our players are looking worse under PL. My expectation was that things would improve, not deteriorate.

I wouldn't be too worried - it's just proving that this lot aren't up to the job, which a lot of people suspected anyway. They've been so bad that Lambert will have no choice but to do an almost total rebuild, which is badly needed.

The main thing is he's asking them to work a lot harder and press more during games but that's about it. Up until the beginning of this season when there was clearly more of an effort to play it on the deck the actual football we try and play is hardly any different to under Bowyer. Plenty long ball under him and crosses from the wing albeit he tended to focus nearly every thing down the left hand side whilst the rest of the team just sat back.

Lambert seems to want pace and power in your face football with an emphesis on percentages in attack. What we've got so far is just a slightly more robust version of the previous few seasons. If he can't get a few in this window I think he'll have to alter it a bit.

I think Lambert has looked at the squad at his disposal and (rightly or wrongly) come to the conclusion that a pressing game which transitions well attacking via the flanks and being defensively tight is our best chance of success in the short term, which up until the Reading game was paying dividends. Unfortunately some of the players have ridden the new manager bounce and for whatever reason reverted to type. I don't believe that Lambert is telling them to 'lump it forward', I think its a symptom of having lesser quality footballers who feel uncomfortable in possession looking for an easy option.

I think Lambert has looked at the squad at his disposal and (rightly or wrongly) come to the conclusion that a pressing game which transitions well attacking via the flanks and being defensively tight is our best chance of success in the short term, which up until the Reading game was paying dividends. Unfortunately some of the players have ridden the new manager bounce and for whatever reason reverted to type. I don't believe that Lambert is telling them to 'lump it forward', I think its a symptom of having lesser quality footballers who feel uncomfortable in possession looking for an easy option.

Lambert has come out in the press and openly talked about looking after the ball better but like you say he knows that they lack the quality.

in another post you berate a poster by saying Koita IS the target man...make your mind up fella.

I actually said Lambert has been used Koita as the target man in recent man.

BUT Koita isnt good enough at all for the role. We need a better target man with experience of playing in this league

For me regardless as to this window, this year goal should be only to consolidate and remain in this league. The hype of Paul Lambert in the early stages of being here probably got all to our head pretty quickly with ideas of the play off. I think that is a very viable goal but for next year. The reality of the situation for me is simple, we don't have any creative midfielders in the centre, or additional attacking fire power to help Rhodes out.

Use January to make a few smart loan signings, and if there are any cheap decent deals to be made then go for it .

In the summer say goodbye to:

Williamson, Taylor, Koita, Petschi, Brown, O'Sullivan, Killa, Akpan or Guthrie, Lawrence, Delfouneso, and Eastwood.

Promote:

Lennihan, Mahoney, and Nyambe.

Offer New Contracts to:

Olsson

And then look to rebuild the squad by signing a 2 creative CM's, 2 Strikers, and an additional winger, and a proper RB.

For me regardless as to this window, this year goal should be only to consolidate and remain in this league. The hype of Paul Lambert in the early stages of being here probably got all to our head pretty quickly with ideas of the play off. I think that is a very viable goal but for next year. The reality of the situation for me is simple, we don't have any creative midfielders in the centre, or additional attacking fire power to help Rhodes out.

Use January to make a few smart loan signings, and if there are any cheap decent deals to be made then go for it .

Williamson, Taylor, Koita, Petschi, Brown, O'Sullivan, Killa, Akpan or Guthrie, Lawrence, Delfouneso, and Eastwood.

Promote:

Offer New Contracts to:

Olsson

And then look to rebuild the squad by signing a 2 creative CM's, 2 Strikers, and an additional winger, and a proper RB.

Ah that's how to do it, simples

Promote:

Offer New Contracts to:

Olsson

Agree with all of those except for Akpan, think with better players around him he would be more effective at doing a simple physical job for us, definately good enough to be a squad player.

Mahoney should be loaned out, as should Nyambe but agree with giving Lennihan a game.

Promote:

Offer New Contracts to:

Olsson

That leaves you with 2 senior centre backs

Lawrence will only stay for two more weeks....time for PL to do some additions in time for saturday....whats happening?

We have a tendency to do stuff like this late... Recon it will be friday if they are to get someone in.

Archived