BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

What's happening with Olsson? Would be a ,massive boost if we could get a decent fee in for him.

The Great Train Robbery all over again.

Edit: Chaddy beat me to it.

Looking doubtful we will, he's out of contract at the end of the season, so any figure would be low....

Personally, if we got a decent offer for anyone (ANYONE) and PL thought we could still remain competitive and consolidate I would be tempted to let them go. Not one of them is top drawer even in the Championship.

Granted, I'd prefer not to lose Hanley and Duffy who have formed a solid CB partnership. I'd also prefer not to lose Rhodes and I like Conway...but the rest? Meh

Personally, if we got a decent offer for anyone (ANYONE) and PL thought we could still remain competitive and consolidate I would be tempted to let them go. Not one of them is top drawer even in the Championship.

Granted, I'd prefer not to lose Hanley and Duffy who have formed a solid CB partnership. I'd also prefer not to lose Rhodes and I like Conway...but the rest? Meh

More or less my thoughts exactly. Leaving aside the promising youngsters like Lenihan, Mahoney and Tomlinson I'd only be looking to keep Raya, Duffy Hanley Akpan, Conway Rhodes.

Edit: Presumably Bennett will be figuring prominently in PL's plans as well so he won't be going anywhere.

Olsson is now a difficult one. Presumably he's either not prepared to sign a new deal or Lambert isn't offering him one, otherwise it would have been done by now like Conway's was and he wouldn't have been dropped last night for Tommy Spurr (Isn't he himself out of contract in the summer?), and Derby wouldn't have come in with a bid.

If Olsson isn't signing on long term then he needs selling now for whatever we can get for him. If he's had his head turned by them then its very disappointing. I would have expected more loyalty from a player who has played regularly for us over the last 2 seasons. He owes us for resurrecting his career from a borderline reserve team player 2 years ago.

In any event, he's not good enough for the Premier League and probably not good enough to be a starter for Derby. So if he fancies sitting on their bench if they go up then that's his choice.

I'd be disappointed if he went. Partly because I believe left back is a position we don't need to address urgently, unlike other areas of the team in desperate need of major strengthening. If he's not agreeable to a new contract that we have offered to him then that is a worry, as he either isn't being offered very much or he doesn't fancy being here under a manager that is tasked with getting us geared for promotion.

Like Rhodes, Olsson is a half decent player who we should not be wanting to leave. The job of rebuilding this team is difficult enough without creating another hole to fill.

I couldn't agree more.

. I would have expected more loyalty from a player who has played regularly for us over the last 2 seasons. He owes us for resurrecting his career from a borderline reserve team player 2 years ago.

Like Rhodes, Olsson is a half decent player who we should not be wanting to leave. The job of rebuilding this team is difficult enough without creating another hole to fill.

I agree. Olsson isn't a world beater but he's not bad at this level and we don't really want to lose him. Expecting a player to show "loyalty" is a bit naive though. There's no loyalty in football - only money.

Lawrence is a waster, absolute pitiful last night, send him back and get a proper footballer in

If we could bring in a Bamford in his place. It would be a no-brainer surely?

QPR in for Crouch, we should be throwing our names in the hat there for sure. They will probably get him but surely we've got to be throwing our hat in the ring.

I sometimes think people forget we have just gotten out of an embargo.

QPR have that "free reign" to sign whoever they like for whatever wages they like. FFP doesn't seem to hit them.

If we signed Crouch, it would be the one-way train to embargo city in the Summer surely?

If Olsson isn't signing a new deal we need to ship him out and give Spurr a fair crack at earning a new deal, also let the U21 left back step up.

Foolish to only give Olsson (player of the season) a 12 month extension when he had clearly proven his worth.

He'll probably get a 3yr deal at Derby, so we can't be bitter towards him.

Hes out of contract end of season

Right, I didn't know that. No big fee then but they'll still need a replacement.

If Olsson isn't signing a new deal we need to ship him out and give Spurr a fair crack at earning a new deal, also let the U21 left back step up.

Foolish to only give Olsson (player of the season) a 12 month extension when he had clearly proven his worth.

He'll probably get a 3yr deal at Derby, so we can't be bitter towards him.

He'll be a loss but he's not the next Keith Newton, he's not even the next John Bailey. He's replaceable. Midfield is the worry for me.

If we signed Crouch, it would be the one-way train to embargo city in the Summer surely?

If it was initially a loan then I don't think it would.

Lawrence has had his head turned by his advisors that's his problem

Obviously think he's better than he actually is, could end up being a decent player in a few years time when he stops believing his own hype.

Archived