BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Yes, all of that is possible and I guess we will find out..

BUT the appointment of Lambert, even more so the way in which they appointed Lambert and his staff smelled of something resembling organisation...even vision?

I can't believe Lambert promised them promotion this season. Similarly I can't see him taking the job without the promise of serious funds.

Well said Mani, but for those of you with short term memory loss, this is what Paul Lambert said or alluded to some two weeks ago, -- January will be only loans we are just out of embargo and thats the biggest thing to happen, July will be the time when we can get the kind of players in i want and went on to say they are big players and some will be shocked who we buy or something like that, i am sure someone will reply with the actual comments, needless to say i don't think the venkys are off anytime soon.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else concerned that a major summer overhaul will only lead to more excuses about the side needing time to gel etc? The more I think about it the more I fear this could be another 2 or 3 year project for lambert. Let's be perfectly honest, it would be incredible if he managed to bring in 4 or 5 players in the summer and forge the side into promotion candidates. A huge ask imo. We could really do with signing a couple this window which can form the spine of the side for next year.

It could be used as an excuse, but I don't think their is any doubt that the team needs a major overhaul.

One might argue that a 2-3 year overhaul that makes us stronger in the next 10 years, would be better than a quick fix, quick promotion and quick relegation lumbering us back in the position we started when relegated.

I would rather Lambert built a fresh new competitive team. Than making do with the poor quality players we have right now.

Careful planning and a long term project has been the subject of success at multiple young Premier League teams.

Roll on the project!

Well said Mani, but for those of you with short term memory loss, this is what Paul Lambert said or alluded to some two weeks ago, -- January will be only loans we are just out of embargo and thats the biggest thing to happen, July will be the time when we can get the kind of players in i want and went on to say they are big players and some will be shocked who we buy or something like that, i am sure someone will reply with the actual comments, needless to say i don't think the venkys are off anytime soon.

I think you're right mate. In December I predicted that we may spend some this month too. I wasn't aware of the situ with FFP before the summer then. My opinion was based on the fact that we were free of the embargo and because the V's aren't scared to spend.

The £39m over 3 seasons is interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if they give him £10-15m in the summer without the need to sell any assists. Plus any sales he does make.

How's Ben Marshalls medical coming along ? Oh and that record bid for Jordan Rhodes ? :D

I honestly don't think we have ever made a bid for either, it's all Twitter talk from desperate fans for a top striker. Thankfully we seem to be scoring plenty of goals with that player. Rovers shouldn't sell them either, unless you are going to reinvest in a couple of good players.

From Alan Nixon

Blackburn. Graham thing still live. But Sunderland would like to sign someone first.

Which would tally with this: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/sunderland-want-two-more-signings-after-dame-n-doye-if-they-can-offload-players-1-7669665

They are attempting to sign N'Doye.

Once he's signed. I think they will allow Graham to go.

Which would tally with this: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/sunderland-want-two-more-signings-after-dame-n-doye-if-they-can-offload-players-1-7669665

They are attempting to sign N'Doye.

Once he's signed. I think they will allow Graham to go.

We are now looking for a centre half as duffy has a hamstring injury and Killa has a hip problem

Shame we sent back Doniel Henry then isn't it lol

Sicknote?

I'm not sure how he's reached such legendary status after two good games and a shocker at Charlton, when the likes of Emerton who spent 8 or 9 years at the club weren't appreciated until they'd gone.

Plenty of Sheffield Wednesday supporters getting very giddy about things at the moment. I suppose when you spend almost an entire generation in decline and lolloping around in the Third Division and the lower reaches of the Second it's to be expected that the first signs of improvement are heralded as some sort of rebirth. Same nonsense crops up every time Forest or Leeds have a decent run.

How long have Wednesday been in the top six this season?

How much has their 'mega rich' fishmonger spent on new signings since he arrived? Talking about spending big is cheap.

Is that good or bad?!

I genuinely don't know really. If his wages are as high as they are reported to be then he needs to be tearing this division apart.

He might be better than what we have but he needs to deliver alot to justify his high wage.

He could have course just sign for £5k per week!

Archived