BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Olsson isn't a world beater but he's not bad at this level and we don't really want to lose him. Expecting a player to show "loyalty" is a bit naive though. There's no loyalty in football - only money.

Correct. Will double his wages on a Bosman. Won't sign another deal...again, meh.

Olsson is now a difficult one. Presumably he's either not prepared to sign a new deal or Lambert isn't offering him one, otherwise it would have been done by now like Conway's was and he wouldn't have been dropped last night for Tommy Spurr (Isn't he himself out of contract in the summer?), and Derby wouldn't have come in with a bid.

If Olsson isn't signing on long term then he needs selling now for whatever we can get for him. If he's had his head turned by them then its very disappointing. I would have expected more loyalty from a player who has played regularly for us over the last 2 seasons. He owes us for resurrecting his career from a borderline reserve team player 2 years ago.

In any event, he's not good enough for the Premier League and probably not good enough to be a starter for Derby. So if he fancies sitting on their bench if they go up then that's his choice.

I'd be disappointed if he went. Partly because I believe left back is a position we don't need to address urgently, unlike other areas of the team in desperate need of major strengthening. If he's not agreeable to a new contract that we have offered to him then that is a worry, as he either isn't being offered very much or he doesn't fancy being here under a manager that is tasked with getting us geared for promotion.

Like Rhodes, Olsson is a half decent player who we should not be wanting to leave. The job of rebuilding this team is difficult enough without creating another hole to fill.

Spoke to Derek Shaw the day Conway signed and asked about Olsson. His opinion was that Olsson (more to the point - his agent) were playing games. We have made him a decent offer but his agent is trying to play off Derby to see who goes higher etc.

A lot of our players lack backbone and commitment. Get him sold, he's hardly irreplaceable.

Does anybody think Lambert or his coaching staff have had a massive falling out with Olsson?

I couldn't care less if we have. He's a one trick pony whose only attribute is pushing the ball past his opponent and trying to outdo him for pace.

Otherwise he's poor defensively and his final ball is atrocious imo. Very over rated. Especially by himself it now seems. Shame because at one time he clearly wasn't good enough but was as keen as mustard to impress and improved markedly.

I couldn't care less if we have. He's a one trick pony whose only attribute is pushing the ball past his opponent and trying to outdo him for pace.

Otherwise he's poor defensively and his final ball is atrocious imo. Very over rated. Especially by himself it now seems. Shame because at one time he clearly wasn't good enough but was as keen as mustard to impress and improved markedly.

Substitute pushing the ball past the man with pace for a long throw in and you've also described Tommy Spurr.

That is an attitude flaw

Don't know about that Chaddy but something's happened for him to be benched. What was the story about him refusing to get off the coach at Cardiff ?

Not sure about that but I heard that Lambert ordered them in for training (might have been when the Boro game was postponed) and some players turned in late - so he fined them 5 grand. Could be BS but wouldn't be surprised.

He's gone from poor to just above average. The rest of the team were going in opposite direction at the same time.

Not sure about that but I heard that Lambert ordered them in for training (might have been when the Boro game was postponed) and some players turned in late - so he fined them 5 grand. Could be BS but wouldn't be surprised.

Well nothing would surprise me regarding discipline, or the lack of it. If we ever want to aspire to be anything in football ever again these are the battles Lambert and the Club must win.

• Backroom

Well nothing would surprise me regarding discipline, or the lack of it. If we ever want to aspire to be anything in football ever again these are the battles Lambert and the Club must win.

I get the feeling that the players have been used to doing whatever they wanted for too long. I can't imagine Bowyer throwing too many fines around for being late, for example, just a wag of the finger and a tut, perhaps. It's hard to define indiscipline if no standards are being applied in the first place.

If certain players are kicking up a fuss over such things, get rid of them and bring in blokes who will give their all for the cause. Obviously it's all rumours and speculation at present, but I imagine there are a few in our squad who are sulking over having their liberties taken away, and if they don't have the ambition to knuckle down and improve they aren't worth a damn to us.

It drives me mad how fans boo and criticise a player who has actually seen out a contract at the club. Someone was calling Hoilett a Judas yesterday...not sure why. Admirable for any player to stick to their side of a deal.

It drives me mad how fans boo and criticise a player who has actually seen out a contract at the club. Someone was calling Hoilett a Judas yesterday...not sure why. Admirable for any player to stick to their side of a deal.

He got a load of stick away at QPR a while back.A lot worse than Judas too! I think many had the feeling he had strung the club along, although Kean's drivel about him being just about to sign won't have helped..

I much prefer it if Rovers manage to get a proper fee, though, and I do confess to some resentment, when they don't. I'm obviously not on my own!

• Backroom

Can't blame any players for leaving during the time Anderson and Kean had a stranglehold on the club. The stink surrounding that entire situation was not something any player would choose to be a part of. The only ones that stayed were those who couldn't get better deals elsewhere, Kean loyalists (usually brought in by him, but some who were using his inexperience to further their own prospects), and youngsters who were just trying to make a name for themselves.

Judging by Hoilett's career trajectory post-Rovers it's fair to say we got the best of him, he's now on the same path as the likes of David Bentley.

He's a dingle fan from Bacup isn't he? Can't see him coming here on that basis!

I don't know if he is a dingle fan, he used to play for their youth team. Good player though, kind of player we need.

Just checked. Definitely a dingle - shame.

Archived