BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Not surprised at all that Rudy hasn't done that well in the PL. I think a lot of people portrayed his work rate as being a lot better than it actually was as a stick to beat Rhodes with. Excellent in the air, but 'bambi on ice' on the ground was a good description my mate said and I'll go with that.

Yet, against Man City in the FA cup at Ewood he played up on his own and was a real handful.

How do you think Rhodes would do in the Prem?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Danny Graham will be heralded as the next coming of Shearer at this rate. What the @#/? has happened to Rhodes? Why are Koita and Delfouneso even here? How does Brown coming on somehow inspire us to a draw?

I don't think we'll get much done in this window, but in the summer we need a huge clear out and a fresh start. This team is beyond stale and has been for a while.

I wish we had some kind of idea of the money that will be available next season. It's incredible that there's talk of us only being able to spend a couple of million when teams like Derby & Boro continue to flash the cash.

I wish we had some kind of idea of the money that will be available next season. It's incredible that there's talk of us only being able to spend a couple of million when teams like Derby & Boro continue to flash the cash.

Couple of million to spend Connor Washington would do me just fine but fear we don't even have that.

I'll put this in the transfer thread just because I'd take him back tomorrow.

A Villa fan at work explained why it's pronounced Jestede rather than Gestede. Because that all he can do JUST HEAD - apparently.

They REALLY don't like like him. People think our forum can be scathing!

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=55357.0

Before tonight they'd won 2 games in all comps all season, both 1-0 and he'd scored the winner in them both. One of those was against Birmingham, if somebody scored a winner for us against Burnley I don't think I could ever say a bad word about them.....each to their own though!

We need a big target man and I really hope we bring one before the Brighton game

I think we should look at Rantie and send back Lawrence who doesn't suit Lambert's style of play

in another post you berate a poster by saying Koita IS the target man...make your mind up fella.

• Moderation Lead

Yet, against Man City in the FA cup at Ewood he played up on his own and was a real handful.

How do you think Rhodes would do in the Prem?

Probably about as well as Rudy tbh....

Well Derby and Boro are near to promotion. We have just come out of an embargo and are lower midtable. Look at Bolton. I'm not too desperate to throw money around for the sake of it.

Well Derby and Boro are near to promotion. We have just come out of an embargo and are lower midtable. Look at Bolton. I'm not too desperate to throw money around for the sake of it.

Who said anything about spending for the sake of it? This side needs serious reinvestment if we're going to mount a promotion push next season.

Lawrence flatters to deceive. A spark here, a spark there - very occasionally, he produces something of quality.

I think he lacks consistency and the mentality to 'do it' for 90+ minutes - a potential years ago that is failing to materialise and it's why United showed him the door and he has struggled to make it at Leicester. Don't think he's 'one for the trenches' and not for us.

Lawrence flatters to deceive. A spark here, a spark there - very occasionally, he produces something of quality.

I think he lacks consistency and the mentality to 'do it' for 90+ minutes - a potential years ago that is failing to materialise and it's why United showed him the door and he has struggled to make it at Leicester. Don't think he's 'one for the trenches' and not for us.

Lawrence looks to have this half arsed attitude so prevalent in so many of the players who have come through academies. They can do a million keepy uppies and a bit of free styling but ask them to show some @#/? and they melt. I heard him talking himself up recently and he is hoping to win a place in the Wales squad for the upcoming Euros. He needs to show something at club level first.

Couldn't agree more, he floats in and out of games, often giving away possession very cheaply and is detrimental to the defensive shape of the team. Having both Rhodes and Lawrence up front leaves us with absolutely no front line of defence leaving our midfield swamped with the ball constantly coming back at them. He's shown a few nice touches here and there but that doesn't cut it for me. I think he is a luxury at this level and especially at Rovers where we need willing runners and hands to the pump as it were.

• Moderation Lead

That just weakens us though imo when clubs know we've money to spend and increases the value of players we want to purchase.... :(

On Lawrence, I've got to agree, he shows flashes of his talent occasionally but it wouldn't kill him to put in some graft!

Who said anything about spending for the sake of it? This side needs serious reinvestment if we're going to mount a promotion push next season.

I'd say this side needs serious investment to stay in this league. Having said that it doesn't have to be big money signings just players that want to put a real shift in.

Archived