BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Woodcock was another one from the early eighties.

my daughter rang us from Germany. She was friends with an au pair there. She asked us if we'd ever heard of a footballer called Tony Woodcock because her friend was working for him and said he was a famous English footballers but the elder daughter isn't so keen on sport ax the younger one and had never heard of him. Somewhere in our cupboards are pics of her with Tony in his trophy room.

We are a busted flush in terms of attracting players these days. As yet we can't offer players a realistic promotion shout. We can't outbid or pay more than teams in the same league as us (with a few exceptions). The top 6 to 8 teams in the champ cream off the best of the loans. We can't afford the fees for the prospects coming out of the lower leagues.

It is going to take something special to get us out of this league. As alluded to before, lets hope in the summer that Lambert's German contacts allow us to target players who may not be on other clubs' radars.

Sorry but I thought this was supposed to be a transfer thread. Personally, I am quite interested in Tony Woodcock, Kevin Keagan, Alan McInally et al but we ain't going to sign them.

As I said sorry to be a bore but can we keep to the subject.

Bournemouth are being bankrolled by their Russian sugardaddy. Fair enough, everyone is entitled to a rich person putting money in if they want to, but I'd like to see those creditors paid back that Bournemouth left short changed after their numerous administrations first.

I can't really participate in the 'Bournemouth fairytale' charade when hard working people and businesses have been left unpaid after previous debts were defaulted when the club was on its knees, and now they are happy to spend tens of millions of pounds on Championship players like Grabban, Afobe and King.

Can't wait until they come down.

Now they've signed a couple of strikers how about we make an offer for Kermorgant? Getting on a bit but might be worth an 18 month deal.

Isle of Man businessman Dennis Rodgers is believed to have introduced two consortia, one from India and another from the US, to the negotiation table.

The US-backed bid also has strong local connections in the form of ex-Bolton nightclub owner Jonathan Disley, dubbed by one national newspaper as the “King of Marbella.”

Mr Disley had a charge of fraud quashed by Preston Crown Court in April 2014 and was pictured sitting alongside Holdsworth at a recent game at the Macron Stadium but has not been involved in Sports Shield’s bid.

PMSL :D:D:D

Isle of Man businessman Dennis Rodgers is believed to have introduced two consortia, one from India and another from the US, to the negotiation table.

The US-backed bid also has strong local connections in the form of ex-Bolton nightclub owner Jonathan Disley, dubbed by one national newspaper as the “King of Marbella.”

Mr Disley had a charge of fraud quashed by Preston Crown Court in April 2014 and was pictured sitting alongside Holdsworth at a recent game at the Macron Stadium but has not been involved in Sports Shield’s bid.

He lived in Lower Darwen about ten years ago...you wouldn't want a smack off him that's for sure.

We are a busted flush in terms of attracting players these days. As yet we can't offer players a realistic promotion shout. We can't outbid or pay more than teams in the same league as us (with a few exceptions). The top 6 to 8 teams in the champ cream off the best of the loans. We can't afford the fees for the prospects coming out of the lower leagues.

It is going to take something special to get us out of this league. As alluded to before, lets hope in the summer that Lambert's German contacts allow us to target players who may not be on other clubs' radars.

Great post, sums up our position perfectly and it's not a very pretty position is it?! We are at the begging table and will be given players at a time when it suits other clubs. Our scouts really need to play a few blinders!

If they take over they could sponsor the ground and call it Disley Land.

Looking like the Bolton fire sale is well underway.

Bristol City have had an offer accepted for Clough, Davies looks to be on his way to Wednesday, Cardiff have had an offer for Josh Vela accepted and rumours that Darren Pratley will be off to Ipswich soon.

Even if they avoid administration it will take nothing short of a miracle for Lennon to keep that lot up once they have sold off the few decent players they still have and can't sign anyone.

I'm surprised that we haven't taken more of an interest in some of their players.

Bristol City have had an offer accepted for Clough, Davies looks to be on his way to Wednesday, Cardiff have had an offer for Josh Vela accepted and rumours that Darren Pratley will be off to Ipswich soon.

Even if they avoid administration it will take nothing short of a miracle for Lennon to keep that lot up once they have sold off the few decent players they still have and can't sign anyone.

I'm surprised that we haven't taken more of an interest in some of their players.

We should sign Heskey and then send him to the moon. That'll stop him scoring against us again... maybe.

Lucky they've still got Feeney!

With Bournemouth splashing big money around on strikers I wonder if Glen Murray might be available on loan. No future in it at his age but he'd make a big difference in the short term.

Sounds like Mark Davies' move to Sheffield Wednesday is off because they can't agree wages.

That is very interesting.

It shows us either that he's been on such a good number at Bolton that other clubs can't/won't match it, or that Wednesday can't/won't pay the money, despite all the baseless talk about them being super-rich (despite not actually spending that much).

Archived