BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sat 6Th Rhodes Vs Rovers

chor808

Championship Trivia

• Which team has the longest run without a win (7)?
  • Which team has by far the lowest number of goals scored from open play (8). (The next lowest is 14 and Hull and Fulham each have 34!)
  • Which team has the greatest percentage of its goals scored by one man (42%)?
  • Which Rover and THREE ex-Rovers are in the current Championship team of the season?
  • Which Rover has recently entered the top ten highest rated players in the League?
  • Which team has received the least number of cards so far?
  • Which player has the most dribbles per game in the League?
  • Which player has won the most Man of the Match (5) awards for Rovers this season so far?
  • Who is the only Rover to have started every game so far?
  • What is the average number of long balls per game played by the Rovers? (Go on, have a guess. Ill give you 5 either way!)

Answers

• Rovers, 2. Ditto, 3. Ditto, 4. SD,PG,NB,AJ 5. GH, 6. B**nley, 7. Tony Watt! (2.8), 8. SD, 9. GH, 10. 84
:lol: You're doing it on purpose to get me in trouble, Tony!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steele

Ward Hanley Duffy

Bennett Akpan Gomez Conway

Marshall

Graham Watt

My 14 year old son (and travel companion up North today) tells me Bennett was signed as a wing back and the above is his suggestion.

Yes but did he tell you if he was any good as a wing-back?

• Backroom

Championship Trivia

1. Which team has the longest run without a win (7)?
  2. Which team has by far the lowest number of goals scored from open play (8). (The next lowest is 14 and Hull and Fulham each have 34!)
  3. Which team has the greatest percentage of its goals scored by one man (42%)?
  4. Which Rover and THREE ex-Rovers are in the current Championship team of the season?
  5. Which Rover has recently entered the top ten highest rated players in the League?
  6. Which team has received the least number of cards so far?
  7. Which player has the most dribbles per game in the League?
  8. Which player has won the most Man of the Match (5) awards for Rovers this season so far?
  9. Who is the only Rover to have started every game so far?
  10. What is the average number of long balls per game played by the Rovers? (Go on, have a guess. I’ll give you 5 either way!)

Answers

1. Rovers, 2. Ditto, 3. Ditto, 4. SD,PG,NB,AJ 5. GH, 6. B**nley, 7. Tony Watt! (2.8), 8. SD, 9. GH, 10. 84

Depressing reading on a Saturday morning. Last season seemed bad enough with our season being effectively over in January, but somehow this one has topped it so far as far as poor performance goes. Assuming we stay up this season, our trajectory has to start going up again next season or we'll be playing League One football in the 2017/18 season.

Championship Trivia

1. Which team has the longest run without a win (7)?
  2. Which team has by far the lowest number of goals scored from open play (8). (The next lowest is 14 and Hull and Fulham each have 34!)
  3. Which team has the greatest percentage of its goals scored by one man (42%)?
  4. Which Rover and THREE ex-Rovers are in the current Championship team of the season?
  5. Which Rover has recently entered the top ten highest rated players in the League?
  6. Which team has received the least number of cards so far?
  7. Which player has the most dribbles per game in the League?
  8. Which player has won the most Man of the Match (5) awards for Rovers this season so far?
  9. Who is the only Rover to have started every game so far?
  10. What is the average number of long balls per game played by the Rovers? (Go on, have a guess. I’ll give you 5 either way!)

Answers

1. Rovers, 2. Ditto, 3. Ditto, 4. SD,PG,NB,AJ 5. GH, 6. B**nley, 7. Tony Watt! (2.8), 8. SD, 9. GH, 10. 84

All these negative statistics are the very reason changes have been made to the squad. Had we retained the team that contributed to most of that dross without bringing anybody in to change things, I would be very worried. As it is, we now have to start looking forward. One thing is for certain, stat number 3 is going to change!

Need to see some of these new players live to make a considered judgement on them, but I am worryingly confident!

Steele

Marshal Duffy Hanley Conway

Bennet Akpan Gomez Jackson

Watt Graham

My desire for pace in the team has probably clouded my judgement and we'd probably get mullered.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that we need to convert Conway to a LB, but that leaves LM a bit difficult to choose.

Come on Blues, this really would be a good one to win!!

Steele

Ward Duffy Hanley

Marshall Akpan Gomez Evans Conway

Watt Graham

Why Not!!!! not one square peg in a round hole there, best formation to suit the players we have and the style we want to play

edit.. only just seen your post Mustard, great minds.... :)

I actually was thinking of something similar myself, but with Gomez in more of an advanced role behind the two strikers.. however we are up against Boro away, and they are pretty strong down the right, just cant see Conway surviving against Adomah and either Nsue or De Laert.. Christ I am in a panic about the possibility of those two facing up against Spurr AND whoever else we can put in on the left....

For me it is 2-1 either way I just can't decide who will win it, we will struggle with them attacking down their right but Ward, Gomez, Watt, Graham and Jackson could provide the spark we need.. it is all down to which teams new signings are the most ready. First match for Rhodes could be their undoing and the same for us with Gomez.

Will be interesting to see if Boro stick De Sart and De Laert in for this match... and we have the potential to be playing with half the outfield team as relatively new players.

Need to see some of these new players live to make a considered judgement on them, but I am worryingly confident!

Steele

Marshal Duffy Hanley Conway

Bennet Akpan Gomez Jackson

Watt Graham

My desire for pace in the team has probably clouded my judgement and we'd probably get mullered.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that we need to convert Conway to a LB, but that leaves LM a bit difficult to choose.

Come on Blues, this really would be a good one to win!!

Watching Leicester it really is apparent how they have got where they are. They burst out of defence with incredible pace and they shoot on sight from anywhere. 2 features which do not figure in our game plan.

Watching Leicester it really is apparent how they have got where they are. They burst out of defence with incredible pace and they shoot on sight from anywhere. 2 features which do did not figure in our game plan before

Sorry didn't read your post 4000 holes

Nothing against Rhodes at all, its BORO that sicken me as a whole, a club with absolutely no class at all and more mongified supporters than the few scrotes who follow Rovers. If there is a footballing god today then I would lover it amongst everything else football wise (even dingles losing 10-0) if somehow Rovers could contrive enough to snatch a win there.

Unlikely though as it is, I don't think Rovers will just roll over and take a beating. PL has a heartbeat of this club beating steadily and I believe that JR may just have been the cause of a few ruffled feathers whilst at Ewood as everything appeared to be geared around him.

We witnessed a different type of football at Oxford, freedom and players running on, with and off the ball. Today is the time to ram it down the Boro throats and say thanks very much for the dosh, hope you fall flat in the promotion stakes and god help you in the FFP mix for next season. Now that would make my sirloin steak taste very nice later this afternoon

Nothing against Rhodes at all, its BORO that sicken me as a whole, a club with absolutely no class at all and more mongified supporters than the few scrotes who follow Rovers. If there is a footballing god today then I would lover it amongst everything else football wise (even dingles losing 10-0) if somehow Rovers could contrive enough to snatch a win there.

Unlikely though as it is, I don't think Rovers will just roll over and take a beating. PL has a heartbeat of this club beating steadily and I believe that JR may just have been the cause of a few ruffled feathers whilst at Ewood as everything appeared to be geared around him.

We witnessed a different type of football at Oxford, freedom and players running on, with and off the ball. Today is the time to ram it down the Boro throats and say thanks very much for the dosh, hope you fall flat in the promotion stakes and god help you in the FFP mix for next season. Now that would make my sirloin steak taste very nice later this afternoon

We do not want em to fail on the promotion stakes.. they have to get promoted for our shiny bonus on Rhodes, plus they have money, one more money club gone is going to be a bonus for us next season.

Irony is if we fail at Boro in the two matches against them.. then we are a fair few quid better off for next season and one less money team to face.. I fear Bro more than many of those in the relegation zone in the PL even with parachute payments.

We do not want em to fail on the promotion stakes.. they have to get promoted for our shiny bonus on Rhodes, plus they have money, one more money club gone is going to be a bonus for us next season.

Irony is if we fail at Boro in the two matches against them.. then we are a fair few quid better off for next season and one less money team to face.. I fear Bro more than many of those in the relegation zone in the PL even with parachute payments.

Hmmm, i dunno. They have a few players getting on a bit like Leadbitter and Downing whilst we have players yet to fully develop and reach their peak. If they fail to go up and Karanka get poached then it could look pretty dicey for them.

Very remote chance of getting either a win or a draw. Just hope Boro are as off form as they were when Forest won there.

I reckon we can win this, fitting Rhodes in is not going to be easy for them, not sure if we want to win though.. Boro promoted is a tactical win.. Hoping for something along those lines from PL and a flamboyant lineup that wins and we are laughing, we fail and we still are happy enough, so a bit of a gamble may be worth the punt.

I reckon PL is one for the long game (not the hoofball variety but the risking your queen for a chess board walkover type) so a tactical gamble may be on the cards imo

Hmmm, i dunno. They have a few players getting on a bit whilst we have players yet to fully develop and reach their peak like Leadbitter and Downing. If they fail ti go up and Karanka get poached then it could look pretty dicey for them.

Plus they will fail FFP without some very creative accounting.. still think them promoted will work for us though, would not like to see them in next seasons championship rule books in terms of FFP where they can waste money more freely.

I do agree they have some players nearing the end of their careers (woodgate lol) and some key ones, but they have the cash and as we found out will splash.

Archived