BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sat 6Th Rhodes Vs Rovers

chor808

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to this game. Will clap Rhodes before the game when his name is announced but as he's not a Rover anymore, that will be it.

Actually fancy our chances of sneaking 3 points from this game and I think that our squad is in much better shape than at the start of January.

Here's hoping we line up with something like:

Steele

Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr

Evans Akpan

Watt Gomez Conway

Graham

Just a side note to anybody who is going to the game, when we went last year we went to a pub near the Walkabout called Barracuda. It was £1.49 a pint in there and has Sky Sports in there. Had our colours showing and none of the locals minded, actually had a good chat with a few of them. Nice place and I thought it was much better than Doc Browns or whatever the away fans pub is called.

I would play Duffy or at least start with him as he is more of an animal and maybe kick Rhodes out of the game.

Rhodes will score, no doubt about that. He deserves a good reception, he was great for this club and it was time he had a shot at reaching the prem. We got a decent deal.

Personally, I'd play with Jackson up front instead of Graham. We're gonna be playing on the counter attack and Jackson is a real menace with his pace.

Given our pathetic record in recent years against top 6 sides I can see s losing quite comfortably. I can't understand why some people have the impression that we perform better against the top teams, t's absolute nonsense. We perform dismally in these games almost every time.

Lambert saying that the 'intelligent players can play in most places' suggests Gomez may well be played out wide on Saturday, in my opinion.

Haha i took it totally different thinking he might be played just behind a front two, thought he was a winger from scratch.

Then I'm quite stunned why everyone thinks we will revert to some sort of 451 formation because Rhodes went. I hate going with one up front and hopefully we don't do it tomorrow.

I would play Duffy or at least start with him as he is more of an animal and maybe kick Rhodes out of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Duffy and think he has been great for us this season. That said, I think Ward does not deserve to be dropped after the Oxford game and we already have Hanley to do that job!

Don't get me wrong, I really like Duffy and think he has been great for us this season. That said, I think Ward does not deserve to be dropped after the Oxford game and we already have Hanley to do that job!

Yep. I also think Ward is an excellent footballer who will distribute the ball with considerably more accuracy than what we have been accustomed to seeing of late, but, there is always a but, in this particular game I think Duffy who will know Rhodes game inside out due to time in training etc and Duffy will not hesitate to kick out to stop anyone even his best mate. My view of him is that he would bring down his own grandma if it meant defending a lead and come out with a clean sheet.

Ward will ultimately end up first choice and quite rightly but there are special circumstances in this particular match. Just my oppinion?

Duffy is the opposite of Rhodes. While Rhodes can be anonymous for 89 minutes and pop up with a goal, Duffy can be rock solid almost all game until he's suddenly possessed by the ghost of Darren Peacock. I'd stick with Ward. His experience and composure on the ball will be invaluable in a game like this.

Isn't Steele playing against his old club for the first time, so he should be well up for this too.

No idea what score this will be, but I have a feeling Gomez will put one in from 20 yards plus.

Steele not exactly likely to score though is he......

Think one of the key questions would be whether Jackson would start. Would be hard for Lambert to drop him after describing him as "unplayable" last week. Can't see Watt being dropped though and probably not Graham either. I certainly wouldn't expect all three to start in a 4-3-3 far too experimental away from home to one of the better sides in the league.

Steele

Ward Duffy Hanley

Marshall Akpan Gomez Evans Conway

Watt Graham

Why Not!!!! not one square peg in a round hole there, best formation to suit the players we have and the style we want to play

edit.. only just seen your post Mustard, great minds.... :)

That would be my preferred team and formation exactly

Championship Trivia

1. Which team has the longest run without a win (7)?
  2. Which team has by far the lowest number of goals scored from open play (8). (The next lowest is 14 and Hull and Fulham each have 34!)
  3. Which team has the greatest percentage of its goals scored by one man (42%)?
  4. Which Rover and THREE ex-Rovers are in the current Championship team of the season?
  5. Which Rover has recently entered the top ten highest rated players in the League?
  6. Which team has received the least number of cards so far?
  7. Which player has the most dribbles per game in the League?
  8. Which player has won the most Man of the Match (5) awards for Rovers this season so far?
  9. Who is the only Rover to have started every game so far?
  10. What is the average number of long balls per game played by the Rovers? (Go on, have a guess. I’ll give you 5 either way!)

Answers

1. Rovers, 2. Ditto, 3. Ditto, 4. SD,PG,NB,AJ 5. GH, 6. B**nley, 7. Tony Watt! (2.8), 8. SD, 9. GH, 10. 84

Archived