BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Derby County (Away) - 24Th February 2016 - 7.45 Ko

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Too many 'right good' comments in that article for my liking. What do they put in the water up there at Brockhall?

The only 'right good' refers to West Ham :P

I just hope we grab a draw or win tomorrow and renew optimism in the league. We're not going up, but I want to see us fight our way up instead of looking down.

Its a midweek game away and we are playing 8 games in 24 days.

Plus its not easy for some away fans as people dont finish until 5pm(or afterwards).

Quite correct but we know damn well if the mood around the club was a bit better there'd be 4/500 hundred there. Credit to all those going.

9 out of 10 for stating the obvious though.

Chop change....chop change ......where is Rovers settled side under this disastrous Venky regime ?

I'll take Steele for the number one jersey just now and have Grant and Duffy as my centre half pairing despite the criticism I've poured over big Shane.

After that how can the team improve if,the rest of them keeps changing and Lambert plays arguably the worst centre forward in this division.

Chop change ...chop change, how many players have come and gone this season alone for this eleven a side game ?

Quite correct but we know damn well if the mood around the club was a bit better there'd be 4/500 hundred there. Credit to all those going.

But the only reason Ive not going is due to it being a Wednesday away game and I sadly cannot make from work to there in time for kick off.

My point being it's a sign of the times as much as anything else.

My reason, and I only live 60 odd miles away from this one, is after Sunday I can't be bothered. This may be a good thing because when I don't bother they normal turn up and win.

Just about warming to driving up Saturday.

A bit undecided on this one.

On the one hand, most factors point to a Derby win.

On the other hand, I look at our M'boro performance and Derby's captain and centre back Keogh who really is an accident waiting to happen and almost seems to gift a goal every match.

Likely result 2-2 draw but wouldn't rule out a surprise and welcome Rovers' win.

I hope the players react properly to the weekend's result and at least put a good, spirited performance in. I'd rather we won or drew, of course, but matches against Derby aren't the ones we need to focus on winning at this point - it's the teams in and around us near the bottom. A good performance will give us heart for the matches we have a more realistic chance in.

I've seen somebody else say something similar, but I really do feel that Lambert should give some of the youngsters a chance on the bench. It's not like any of us sit on here bragging about how strong our bench is - we might as well give a youngster a run out instead of somebody like Chris Taylor, because at least the youngsters are usually hungry to prove their worth.

If we were making a serous charge for promotion or at least the play offs there would be 1200 - 1500 there, even on a Tuesday night in February.

Unfortunately it is one of the dourest periods in the clubs history; much respect to anybody going

Saw Derby beat Brentford the other day and this is a guaranteed home win for derby we have no chance at all, doubt will even bother to check the score

I'm sorry, I can understand pessimism but that is nonsense. Football doesn't work like that. Last week Fulham won 3-0 at QPR while we were losing 2-0 at home to Hull. According to your logic the fixture between us and Fulham a couple of days later was a guaranteed away win yet we won 3-0.

Nothing is guaranteed in football - not even Barcelona winning the Champions League in May.

Saw Derby beat Brentford the other day and this is a guaranteed home win for derby we have no chance at all, doubt will even bother to check the score

I will take my tickets back today and not go on the strength of your in depth, analytical insight into tonight's game.

Watt has been a funny one.

Cardiff and Charlton fans raving about him and Cardiff fans seem as cynical as us.

I'm just not seeing much so far.

To be fair he played well at Oxford, did okay at Boro, not great v Hull and came on when the game was already up v West Ham.

To be fair he played well at Oxford, did okay at Boro, not great v Hull and came on when the game was already up v West Ham.

Agree with this he did play well at Oxford. He needs a run in team before we can decide on him, I would expect him to play tonight but he may not be able to shift Brown.

Archived