BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Derby County (Away) - 24Th February 2016 - 7.45 Ko

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this he did play well at Oxford. He needs a run in team before we can decide on him, I would expect him to play tonight but he may not be able to shift Brown.

My sainted aunt would be able to shift Brown.

Indeed, certainly not writing him off. Just looks very sluggish, run of games with Graham is surely the answer?

Think Lambert said he was struggling for fitness. Imagine he's taking time to adjust to Lambert's accepted standards of fitness.

I wasn't impressed by Derby in the home game early in the season and I'm yet to be convinced of them. The main area of concern for me will be down our left side, Cyrus Christie has always impressed me attacking from deep, they play a 4-2-3-1 with Weimann, Russell and Ince interchanging, so Evans and Lenihan will really have to be on their game. I do worry though about Spurr against Ince or Christie pace wise. The Fulham winger went past him too easily last week. That said Keogh is an absolute cart horse so I'm hopeful of goals.

I think it could be a score draw although the optimist in me says a 2-1 win.

• Backroom

Will Lambert select the worst forward in this division tonight or even include him on the bench the infamous Chrissy Brown!

Birdy and Pittard should take their boots with them if he does.

The guy that helped us to a 3-0 win in our last league game in which the front line gave the defenders a torrid night?

You would expect he would start yes.

The guy that helped us to a 3-0 win in our last league game in which the front line gave the defenders a torrid night?

I have a feeling he may be rested - he looked knackered on Sunday, and I think Lambert may go with Graham/Watt.

Wouldn't be against playing Brown though, mind.

Keogh and Shackell will be dreading facing Brown IMO, being elbowed, kicked, shoulder barged and contantly put under pressure is nobodys idea of fun.

I wouldn't say I am optimistic about tonight - but not as down as some.

Listening on the radio (which much have been better than for those hardy souls that attended) - the West Ham match showed in spells that PL's tactics are starting to take effect. The first 25 minutes it sounded like we held our own - then we conceded a soft goal - and the wheels came off a bit. Second half - again we started well - could actually have equalised just prior to Taylor being sent off - then of course the wheels went rolling down the road.

Personally I think his tactics are starting to show some impact, though by no means perfect - with a few key players to return to the team - it will be interesting tonight. I think we have to acknowledge that West Ham are a very good team these days - and we are still rebuilding both tactically and personnel wise - so the result (hopefully) can be viewed in isolation at the moment.

Free hit.

Seem to remember Mr Lambert calling the West Ham game a free hit... not keen on what that phrase implies!!

If the West Ham game was a free hit, we managed to hit ourselves in the fact with the bat and get run out!

I have a feeling he may be rested - he looked knackered on Sunday, and I think Lambert may go with Graham/Watt.

Is Graham fit or not says hamstring and out

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-derby-county-blackburn-rovers-2971036.aspx

He's only been here 5 minutes and that would be 50% of the games hes been unavailable for selection through injury already.

Really hope we don't waste any money on him in summer.

Error edit the article says the opposite to what you said?

He's only been here 5 minutes and that would be 50% of the games hes been unavailable for selection through injury already.

It says he will return then paragraph after he is mentioned amongst the injured players

It's actually a bit contradictory:

"Paul Lambert welcomes back Danny Graham and Matt Grimes to the squad for this evening's Sky Bet Championship clash at Derby County."
Then 2 paragraphs later:
"But Jason Lowe (foot), Danny Graham (hamstring), Nathan Delfouneso (knee) and Lee Williamson (calf) remain absent"
Typical Rovers & the usual ar$e & elbow scenario!

Keogh and Shackell will be dreading facing Brown IMO, being elbowed, kicked, shoulder barged and contantly put under pressure is nobodys idea of fun.

Shackell is a very decent centre back, however, I think Keogh cuts a comical figure and should be targeted - a bit of pressure and he crumbles.

Archived