BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

This was a great performance and thoroughly enjoyable. Lambert did a massive amount of coaching throughout which was good to see. If we play like that on Saturday we will be fine!

The bloke behind me always gives a running commentary throughout the whole game - 99% is nonsense and I'm thinking of moving next season.

His comment on Lambert last night was "It wasn't very often but at least when Gary opened his mouth something worthwhile came out!"

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a strangely pleasing way, Gomez being quiet and us playing well is a good sign.

Likewise Akpan. I am not a fan at all all but it will be a hell of a lot easier to improve in that area of the team in the summer.

Grimesy takes a mean in swinging corner, if we can get Duffy about 2-3 yards out he should be able to score from there :-).

Akpan?!?! I'd happily never see him wear the shirt again

Had to smile this morning when I spotted this! I was really looking for the post below.

Still no answer really quite unacceptable considering its after 9am. No wonder people think amateurs and lazy staff are out in force at Ewood. Can someone call the club perhaps and enquire about pitch cover plus the matter Kamy has mentioned? Haven't got any credit before the obvious question is asked.

I'm sorry but this is simply kicking the club for the sake of it over a complete non-issue. There wasn't enough rain on Monday night to influence the match and while there is always the very remote possibility of sufficient rain in the 10 hours before kick off to cause a postponement it's unlikely. Circumstances like Boxing day would have been needed and those haven't been in place especially after three dry days Friday-Sunday.

Why would the club be answering the phone to a fan ringing up to ask if the covers were on. The club has to request the referee to make a pitch inspection and the referee makes the decision.

As for 24/7 cover?? Sheeeesh.

What's changed at Ewood?

The river has never been an issue over the last 20 years. How many games have been called off since Ewood was redeveloped due to high rainfall/flooding?

Yes its rained very hard this morning but didn't rain yesterday/Sunday so unless something drastic has changed with the drainage system in that part of the world I can't see why there would be a risk of the game being off.

Exactly. Apart from Boxing Day it's happened once since Ewood was redeveloped. There is nothing the club can do about local drainage. If groundwater levels are such that local watercourses are running very high it's nature and nothing to do with Rovers. The outflow from the pitch cannot be any higher than it is and once the river rises above this level drainage stops.

Still no answer really quite unacceptable considering its after 9am. No wonder people think amateurs and lazy staff are out in force at Ewood. Can someone call the club perhaps and enquire about pitch cover plus the matter Kamy has mentioned? Haven't got any credit before the obvious question is asked.

Get back to Ardwick lad.

Take back what I said about Akpan, tbf he let his man get past him a couple of times but overall he was solid and took his goal really well. Fantastic performance from everyone involved

Take back what I said about Akpan, tbf he let his man get past him a couple of times but overall he was solid and took his goal really well. Fantastic performance from everyone involved

He does blow hot and cold. Some games he is totally AWOL.

Sounds like a good team performance last night, well done to the lads.

Hanley will have them up for it

Yes never thought of that. I guess Dunny is there as well.

It is a worry though when you have such a high turn over of staff and so few 'veterans' there to maintain traditions and history that the significance of these games is lost.

Yes never thought of that. I guess Dunny is there as well.

It is a worry though when you have such a high turn over of staff and so few 'veterans' there to maintain traditions and history that the significance of these games is lost.

They are professionals so they should be up for any game just like they were last night. Certainly the Brockhall Babysitting Service has been closed for business.

I doubt the possibility of moving into 12th place (unless there's a game on Friday) is going to keep them awake at night though. Unless anyone thinks a miraculous playoff charge is on the cards.

Great result by a team that clearly has a purpose. Boro coach said best.

Middlesbrough head coach Aitor Karanka:

"It's taken 75-85 for us minutes to wake up. It's really difficult for me to understand why a team like Blackburn, who is in the middle of the table and which had played five games in the last two weeks, and their players wanted it more than us.

Their players are jumping more than us, they were quicker than us, even when they were winning 2-0 they were desiring to score the third one.

"When we are playing to get promotion, or at least to be in the play-offs, it is difficult to understand."

BBC website

No way on earth has anyone, let alone an opposing Manager, said anything like that about a Rovers team in many a long year!

Wow, it is so good to log onto such a happy message board this morning.

really great performance tonight.

Graham was outstanding tonight. Work rate is phenomenal, he used his strength to use the ball very well, plus run the channels and in behind their defence. Plus he showed his class by his class finish

Lenihan was very good tonight. Lambert has showed the he has faith in the player and playing him his proper position.

Lambert got his tactics spot on tonight.

In Lambert We Trust!!!

Also Good to see Rhodes come over to the Blackburn End at the end of the game and clapped their fans. showed he is top pro.

I thought Lenihan had his best match for us - the confidence PL has in him seems to be showing in ever improving performances. Also noticeable to see PL coaching him from the sidelines.

Graham as you say was immense - one of the best all round centre forward displays at Ewood for a very long time.

I struggle to think of a player that had a poor match - Duffy made the odd mistake, Watt and Grimes were very poor early on but improved as the game went on.

Now onto Saturday - just hope they can maintain the same energy levels - if they can, we have reason to be optimistic - but the games are really coming thick and fast at the moment.

I doubt the possibility of moving into 12th place (unless there's a game on Friday) is going to keep them awake at night though. Unless anyone thinks a miraculous playoff charge is on the cards.

We would probably have to win every game from now until the end of the season to get in play offs - so miraculous would sum it up. Personally will just be happy to take 3 points off Burnley to put a dent in their automatic promotion chances.

Wow, great and witty comeback. Sorry booth but whatever your previous posts on the matter, and whoever you were replying to, you were banging on about how difficult the B******y game is going to be within minutes of us deservedly beating a team that is at least on a par with them.

Strange. And touchy.

Not strange at all, I was commenting on something someone said about the game at the weekend (I won't mention it for fear it might get you all upset again). Then you came along like the A Team.

I wasn't "banging on about it" I was giving my opinion based on the luck those twunts are enjoying at the moment as they are seemingly made of teflon. Obviously I'd love us to stuff them.

Don't worry I'll pm you next time to see if I'm allowed.

Reading Karanka's comments - putting it simply we out enthused the opposition. Apart from the cup games last season when did that happen previously ? Like I've said in the past all I expect is we work harder, run off the ball more, win more tackles, win more contested headers, win more second balls etc. Now that's starting to happen things will change at Ewood.

Wrap them all up in cotton wool until Saturday then more of the same please. Play like that again and we'll get a result there, they're not firing on all cylinders in spite of their results.

Not strange at all, I was commenting on something someone said about the game at the weekend (I won't mention it for fear it might get you all upset again). Then you came along like the A Team.

I wasn't "banging on about it" I was giving my opinion based on the luck those twunts are enjoying at the moment as they are seemingly made of teflon. Obviously I'd love us to stuff them.

Don't worry I'll pm you next time to see if I'm allowed.

Dearie me.

Talk like this will get Mercerman started. I don't want to read any predictions from Mercerman.

Crap I'm talking about "them" again.

Let it go pal lol

Lenihan sounded commanding, tenacious, and not bad on the ball, either. Everything that Jason Lowe should be in that position.

Totally agree.

I'm sure I read in the LT the other week that Lowe is close to full fitness but Lambert has told him he will have to settle for playing for the under 21s?

• Backroom

They are professionals so they should be up for any game just like they were last night. Certainly the Brockhall Babysitting Service has been closed for business.

You may not grasp it but they will understand the importance of a derby day for fans and the increased pressure on the game.

Thankfully Graham and Gomez have both played and I think scored in the Tyne / Wear Derby so they have experience of derby day.

Whatever you think this is no ordinary game with a chance to go 12th, for most fans this is now the biggest game of the rest of the season.

You may not grasp it but they will understand the importance of a derby day for fans and the increased pressure on the game.

Thankfully Graham and Gomez have both played and I think scored in the Tyne / Wear Derby so they have experience of derby day.

Whatever you think this is no ordinary game with a chance to go 12th, for most fans this is now the biggest game of the rest of the season.

Last night on RR Graham cited the Tyne/Wear and Cardiff/Swansea derbies which he has played in and said he understands the importance of these games for the fans. Jason Steele said he knows all about it and is reminded by a lady before every home game that he has to keep a clean sheet against that lot. Lambert also understands having been involved in Celtic/Rangers, Schalke/Dortmund and Norwich/ Ipswich. I think we can safely say that the players will be full aware come 12.30 on Saturday.

Marshall, Spurr, Hanley, Duffy have all experienced dingle derbies so I really don't think there will be any problem impressing the importance of the game on loanees. Lambert was a Celtic hero so has more experience than most when it comes to tribalism and heated derbies. He will get them up for it I have absolutely no doubt. Hopefully it will be a game similar to the game in 2000/2001 (obviously without Branch trying to break Dunns neck), it was a proper derby, tackles everywhere and a cauldron atmosphere, plus we got a fantastic win.

Archived