BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

Sure - but other teams are capable of keeping a clean sheet and winning 1-0. For us to win, we always have to score 2 goals.

I'd be more interested in a stat about how many clean sheets teams have kept - don't think we'd be in the top 5 (certainly not recently).

There is always a stat that will not make good reading. We've a solid defence, striker that are scoring and midfielders creating chances and working hard.

But there is no pleasing some folks.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise that there are only 5 teams in this league that have conceded less goals than us?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Even less if you only take into consideration the matches with PL in charge.. And M'boro have the best defensive record in the league 17 conceded in the league and we scored 3 of em :)

A good night hopin the players are not to tired for the big one at the weekend.. and bloody well hope we did not do them a favor.

Sure - but other teams are capable of keeping a clean sheet and winning 1-0. For us to win, we always have to score 2 goals.

I'd be more interested in a stat about how many clean sheets teams have kept - don't think we'd be in the top 5 (certainly not recently).

We're about middle of the road in the clean sheet stats.

Even less if you only take into consideration the matches with PL in charge.. And M'boro have the best defensive record in the league 17 conceded in the league and we scored 3 of em :)

A good night hopin the players are not to tired for the big one at the weekend.. and bloody well hope we did not do them a favor.

We did ourselves more of a favour.

According to onerovers twitter feed, Watt put in a decent shift, Graham MOM.

I do feel Watt has something different to offer. Hopefully its just fitness levels that have been holding him back

Anyway we can at least go to T'Turd with our tails up and a bit of confidence in the bag.

It'll be tuff, but hopefully PL will realise this games a big deal and have them up for it.

I am optimistic about this one.

To me, M'boro are a boring and methodical side who very rarely put teams to the sword. For example, they haven't scored more than 3 goals in a league match this season which is very surprising for a team that's been around the top 3 all season. In a recent run of 6 games, they scored just 1 goal in each of 3 matches and failed to score in the other 3.

Grant will frighten Rhodes to death and put him in his pocket.

A surprising win to Rovers by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

Absolutely delighted.

Win at Oxford and Rhodes leaving were the turning points.

In Lambert we trust - we have a real manager !

I do feel Watt has something different to offer. Hopefully its just fitness levels that have been holding him back

Anyway we can at least go to T'Turd with our tails up and a bit of confidence in the bag.

It'll be tuff, but hopefully PL will realise this games a big deal and have them up for it.

Hanley will have them up for it

Its blind faith talking. But I've got a feeling Tony Watt is just made to be our hero on Sunday. Dunno why but I've felt it for weeks.

Can't see us getting anything at the house of the wooden seats. According to the web footed ones themselves they are picking up points whether they play well or not. They aren't playing great at the moment but winning, which is the mark of a winning team sadly.

Anything from them at the weekend is a bonus.

Good win. Well done.

How did Watt play, who was our MOM?

MOTM for me was Daragh Lenihan. He is young and raw but looks to have all the attributes to be a very good defensive midfielder. He is strong and quick into challenges and his distribution of the ball was excellent tonight, hardly giving the ball away and always looking to make a pass rather than an aimless boot upfield. There was one incident in the second half when he waited and waited for Graham to get into space before he passed it along the ground to his feet when others would probably have launched it long and lost possession. Really impressed with him tonight. Both centre backs did well although each had one howler that led to the Boro number 9 missing two very good chances. Watt looked lively and tried to be positive and attack the Boro defence. He needs more matches to get fully fit and he tired in the second half. Credit to Steele tonight for some very important stops as well. All round a very encouraging performance.

Can't see us getting anything at the house of the wooden seats. According to the web footed ones themselves they are picking up points whether they play well or not. They aren't playing great at the moment but winning, which is the mark of a winning team sadly.

Anything from them at the weekend is a bonus.

FFS just enjoy tonight. Saturday will take care of itself and those inbreds are due to lose one.

He scores when he wants belts around Ewood

This was about as cathartic a moment as you could ask for...

"Danny Graham - he scores when he wants"

Very pointed at young Jordan but very classy at the same time. No boos, no chants, no jeers. His song sung for somebody else, and I bet he really felt it as well.

Aside from that, what a great football match for a Rovers fan. The gloss was taken off it slightly with the late goal - and Steele, in particular, and the back four didn't deserve that blot on their copy book - but that was excellent. Not just the work rate but the team spirit and acumen even.

It was a big test for Watt and Lenihan in particular, and they both stood up to the test. It's entirely possible that in Lenihan we have found a leader in midfield. He was marshalling, cajoling, directing, encouraging - everything we have lacked.

Such a good feeling leaving Ewood tonight. Felt like the cementing of a new era as Fortress Ewood Park was ceremoniously and markedly refortified - we even had a drummer back! Let's hope that it's the start of something good that we are building for next season.

The only shine taken off the night was 'that lot' staying top. Let's hope we can change that at the weekend...

Great win! Graham superb and deserved his goal. Watt offered so much more than Brown when in possession of the ball. Lenihan awesome in the centre of the park. Spurr still looks a big weakness and Akpan was awful first half for the most part. I saw Lambert shouting at him and pointing to the bench after he gave up chasing at one point. Seemed to perk up after half time so maybe he got a rollocking. Steele has come in for some criticism lately but was very good today. Duffy and Hanley rock solid though Hanley had his hands all over Rhodes's face before the theatrics. I noticed Spurr doing a lot of grabbing and shirt pulling on Rhodes when Boro were taking corners and I thought it was a little risky.

Very happy with the result and performance! Shame to concede but a brilliant three points.

Archived