BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say he didn't deserve it. His half-assed attempt at tracking back for West Ham's first goal was disgraceful.

Also, although our chances of signing Grimes are slim to none, we could do with Swansea staying up this year and try taking him on loan for another season.

They really don't help themselves at times with those antics and the thick twerps that they are they don't realise they are making themselves a target for the boo boys if they start playing badly again. Fecking idiots and about time managers stamped on it it's disrespectful to the thousands who stick by them and don't join in with the the minority.

Neither of those two has had any noticeable stick from the terraces just a bit on twitter mostly from gimps who never even go. If you want a hard to please set of fans on your side then go about it the right way.

Great performance last night ,their number 9 needs a few chances to score and does not seem to offer much other than that .LOL

great to see there is no Rhodes love in after that display.

Much as I loved Rhodes when here I did say when Hull were after him I think he'll turn into a John Stead should he get a crack at the Prem. A couple of goals from cameo appearances then gradually drift away back down the leagues.

• Backroom

indeed but the finger to lips ..disgusting.

Nah don't blame him myself, one point in the first half I heard people throwing abuse at him for not challenging for a ball that was 6 feet in the air going away from him towards their man, there was literally no way he could have won the ball without giving a foul away on the edge of the box but it didn't stop the know nowts!

That said hopefully now the bit of unrest between players and fans is at an end after a good couple of results

Every true Rover knows that this is THE game. A chance to put one over the old enemy. Bragging rights. Any Rover brought up in Blackburn, Darwen, Hyndburn, The Ribble Valley or The Rossendale Valley would know this and would have had it drummed into them from birth, at school and into adulthood.

...and Tockholes!

Duffy did that vs Fulham too. Imo crowd shouldn't give it if they're not prepared to take a bit back.

bull..ok he scored but hes woeful . Without fans hes no job!!!!

Nah don't blame him myself, one point in the first half I heard people throwing abuse at him for not challenging for a ball that was 6 feet in the air going away from him towards their man, there was literally no way he could have won the ball without giving a foul away on the edge of the box but it didn't stop the know nowts!

That said hopefully now the bit of unrest between players and fans is at an end after a good couple of results

do it to away fans not youre own fans. Hes not earned enough respect from us to insult fans with that celebration and neither has duffy

Duffy did that vs Fulham too. Imo crowd shouldn't give it if they're not prepared to take a bit back.

I don't agree with it, it's not as if every fan "gave it" but those two players "gave it back" to every fan by doing that. Fair enough if he had a go back at a certain fan or a group of fans giving him grief, but he didn't he did it to us all. I didn't give him any grief, or Duffy.

I don't agree with it, it's not as if every fan "gave it" but those two players "gave it back" to every fan by doing that. Fair enough if he had a go back at a certain fan or a group of fans giving him grief, but he didn't he did it to us all. I didn't give him any grief, or Duffy.

Neither did I but I still chose to not be offended by it. It would be impossible for them to isolate all the individual boo boys so a cheeky little 'shush' in their general direction is, for me, harmless.

It's a bit bitter to carry that on with a minority when you've just scored a goal and you could be celebrating with the majority.

I think they should just rise above it and be happy that they've delighted the fans that do cheer them on. It just adds ill feeling, I know I feel a bit less respect for Akpan after knowing he did that.

I've seen many footballers describe scoring a goal as the best feeling ever. If I'm understanding it correctly Akpan's feeling was to have a dig at his own fans. Someone should have a word with him and say, mate your career's only short and you can only score so many goals, enjoy it.

I don't get all this agonising about players giving it large on the field. I couldn't care less as long as they give 100 % for Blackburn Rovers. Same with this applauding the fans garbage, I couldn't care less if they never applaud me as long as they do the business out there on the pitch.

I don't recall Dougie or Ronnie Clayton applauding the fans.

Great job players and manager. I wonder if Lamberts got a rollickin from Venky's for reducing our chances of the extra 2 mill.

Hopefully Lambert told em he'll even it out by beating the dingles on Saturday.

Archived