BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Big Match Preview: Rotherham Away - 30Th April

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1300 Blues making the trip.

Another season of largely appalling performances, never in contention for anything but mid table mediocrity, but some great away support throughout.

:brfc:

We need an empty Ewood and an average away support of 3k next season. Starve the b3st3rds out.

I have to admit I have a dark desire for Rovers to be completely thumped this afternoon, perhaps by a Championship record score. Same again next week against Reading. At least it would draw attention to the desparate plight we find ourselves in.

However, this being the crazy topsy turvy world of Venks no sense, I fully expect the players to finally turn in a professional performance, and allow another week to slip by without anyone other than those who care about the club thnking anything unusual or wrong is going on.

Meh

I would be looking to sign Derbyshire come the summer

I was shouting for Bowyer to sign him two seasons ago only to be shouted down by a few purists on here. He was just the different kind of striker we needed to play back up to Rhodes, Rudy.

We got Varney and Brown instead when we could have had a lad who is blue & white and could've contributed a good few goals a season from the bench. The lack of striking options imo now still lays firmly at the door of Bowyer. @#/? poor management.

I hope we get a win for the travelling fans, they deserve better than this, but I agree, it's an irrelevance really.

Its all an irrelevance until those 3 rats leave the club, anyone got any rat poison?

I would be looking to sign Derbyshire come the summer

Young Matty wouldn't play for these chicken pluckers.

I think we'll get a real tonking today. And, somehow, I couldn't care less.

• Backroom

This is classic...

Got to ground early and saw last few players going in.

Little girl asking players to sign a shirt. See Ben Marshall sign. Then Danny Graham.

Up next... Chris Brown and he drops the pen!

Yep, that sounds about right.

I suppose we'll see. Lambert won't have endeared himself to many with parting remarks about how the owners are fantastic for the money they've put into the club and how he has no problem at all with them. Just the same old boys network nonsense that has pushed so many away from the game in recent times, along with Sky's influence. I appreciate he's given us plenty of "read between the lines" ammunition, but for a supposedly straight talking fellow those words were straight out of the "modern football manager" handbook.

I totally agree. Lambert's comments about Venkys financial backing were fatuous. All they have done is prevent foreclosure by creditors. Like a man slashing his wrists whilst having a blood transfusion.

Archived