• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

I think it's Chaddy support that instantly makes me say no. I suspect he could suggest guardiola if he were free and I'd immediately look for negatives. I really should put him on ignore as his leaping on the next bandwagon drives me bonkers

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost certainly going to be a rubbish appointment. Whoever he is he will fail. A trio of Jose, Ferguson and pep would fail under the scum. This club is finished. Can't survive with the venkys "leadership" and can't survive without their money. Doomed

He does have experience in this division, several promotions from it and a league cup win.

Not saying he's a great manager but when compared to Hill, Hignett and Radfearn he's the next Alex Ferguson.

To clarify I don't think this is the level we should be looking at, and it's criminal that we are. However we also Imo could do a lot, lot worse.

So why the hell did we not back Lambert, and give him the support he needed. Now we bring in McLeish an experienced guy who might expect the same support.

Lambert is still better than McLeish. I dont want to go back to the Lambert topic, but how can we expect an experienced manager, when we had one, who just wanted the backing that he needed? If any experienced manager comes in, and their ambition is anything but promotion, then we should expect mediocrity.

Rather then take Joyce, let him blood the youngsters, get relegated or stay up, and be a selling club for many many years to come.

If any fan is happy with mediocrity, then we should not complain about who the manager is. I for one am tired about being in the championship, tired of people laughing at us, tired of seeing the @#/? Dingles move pass us, and tired of owners who have shown us the fans and the people of Blackburn so much disrespect

• Backroom

I get the feeling McLeish would be far more subservient than Lambert. I'd say his reputation is a lot lower, especially after so many recent failures, making him eligible to become the elusive experienced yes man.

Considering the bookies have also had Jewell and Hignett as dead certs to take over (basically somebody combined a Vinjay and a Chaddy on both) I'm not taking the odds too seriously though.

McLeish is experienced. Experienced in failure. S--t at Villa (statistically their worst manager), s--t at Forest, s--t at Genk, s--t at Zamalek. Might as well get a spade and dig up Howard Wilkinson, Joe Royle or Mike Walker.

Totally agree. McLeish is very much yesterday's man and sacked from Zamalek because he couldn't cut it in Egypt. I hope we would avoid at all costs.

McLeish is experienced. Experienced in failure. S--t at Villa (statistically their worst manager), s--t at Forest, s--t at Genk, s--t at Zamalek. Might as well get a spade and dig up Howard Wilkinson, Joe Royle or Mike Walker.

Lambert was s--t at Villa, yet he was welcomed here with open arms. McLeish was only at Forest for about a month so probably not fair to judge him over such a short period. His win record abroad is good (more than 50%) so not that much of a failure.

His standing in the game and achievements as a manager are vastly superior to people like Redfern, Hill, Joyce, Hignett, Stubbs, Ainsworth and Slade.

McLeish with Irvine and Kelly supporting him would be as good as I could expect at this moment in time. It would tell me they are taking things with some sort of serious attitude rather than gambling the club's future in the hands of a rookie or youth coach.

I would prefer Warnock or Davies, but McLeish is in the next category for me of the level of manager we ought to be considering, not League Two lads or reserve coaches.

So why the hell did we not back Lambert, and give him the support he needed. Now we bring in McLeish an experienced guy who might expect the same support.

Lambert is still better than McLeish. I dont want to go back to the Lambert topic, but how can we expect an experienced manager, when we had one, who just wanted the backing that he needed? If any experienced manager comes in, and their ambition is anything but promotion, then we should expect mediocrity.

Rather then take Joyce, let him blood the youngsters, get relegated or stay up, and be a selling club for many many years to come.

If any fan is happy with mediocrity, then we should not complain about who the manager is. I for one am tired about being in the championship, tired of people laughing at us, tired of seeing the @#/? Dingles move pass us, and tired of owners who have shown us the fans and the people of Blackburn so much disrespect

We have no divine right to be in the Premier League, and many of us on here supported the club pre Uncle Jack.

What we do have a right to expect is a properly run club by owners who actually care about it.

We have no divine right to be in the Premier League, and many of us on here supported the club pre Uncle Jack.

What we do have a right to expect is a properly run club by owners who actually care about it.

Well said that man.

Would be decent appointment.

Experience and knows the championship aswell

:lol::D:wub:

Urgh not another Scotsman.. No offense to my Scottish friends like Abbey. :D lol

WTF ? I AINT NO SWEATY

it wont happen with the Pricks Of Pune.

Lambert was s--t at Villa, yet he was welcomed here with open arms. McLeish was only at Forest for about a month so probably not fair to judge him over such a short period. His win record abroad is good (more than 50%) so not that much of a failure.

His standing in the game and achievements as a manager are vastly superior to people like Redfern, Hill, Joyce, Hignett, Stubbs, Ainsworth and Slade.

McLeish with Irvine and Kelly supporting him would be as good as I could expect at this moment in time. It would tell me they are taking things with some sort of serious attitude rather than gambling the club's future in the hands of a rookie or youth coach.

I would prefer Warnock or Davies, but McLeish is in the next category for me of the level of manager we ought to be considering, not League Two lads or reserve coaches.

He's crap, though like you say, better than Ainsworth, Redfearn and so on. Alex is not even yesterday's man, but last week's. He helped along Villa's long decline no end, and the fact he's been binned after a few games at many clubs since suggests he's either a bad judge of employer or people suss out he is crap.

He might be the best out of the names mentioned, but that is no ringing endorsement. It'll just take until April to confirm relegation rather than Janurary.

If your on about the Bowyer bit then fair enough but if you mean the agents in general bit and their involvement from day 1 of the V's then I know different.

Genuinely. B)

Haha no, just the Bowyer bit 👍🏽

Could it be that everyone is turning their nose up at the chance to manage Rovers.

Which manager worth their salt is going to be prepared to join a club with no budget to improve the squad?

Rovers are a one way ticket to failure for any manger

I think it's Chaddy support that instantly makes me say no. I suspect he could suggest guardiola if he were free and I'd immediately look for negatives. I really should put him on ignore as his leaping on the next bandwagon drives me bonkers

It's the same with a lot of us Gumboots but if you criticise him he plays the victim and you get vilified.

Is there anybody you don't think would be good? Personally I think he'd be as hopeless here as he's been in most jobs recently but then what do I know?

Yeah he doesn't like Warnock.

Yet championing Mcliesh who has failed and been sacked out of every job he has had since Birmingham.Did a decent job at brum but that was a good few years ago now.

For me he would be a better choice than Redfearn but if he gets the job then I'm going to be seriously @#/? off.

McLeish with Irvine and Kelly supporting him would be as good as I could expect at this moment in time.

I'd take nearly all the list before Mcleish. Football is all about opinions and mine on Alex is pretty poor.

Either us could choose examples from his past to paint him in a certain light, he won everything in Scotland and has a promotion on his cv but I'd expect this to turn out more like his last championship job (lasted 40 days!)

That's similar expectation with many managers and this ownership but I'd rather stick with Irvine if we want someone who just gives more chance of staying up. AMs hardly going to turn this round, he won't get time from the fans because of the style of football and players he will pick.

We aren't going to find the next Hughes or Howe, Dyche etc etc hiring multiple failures. I'd sooner take the risk on a young rookie with Irvine around if things quickly go tits up!

Despite everything that's gone on, AM = zero ambition, excitement etc. If it could get worse, giving him the job would be an example for me.

When McLeish's name popped up I immediately thought of whether he is in anyway affiliated to Kentaro but on checking he is represented by Platinum One Group who incidentally claim to be the number 1 agency for young footballers.

John McLeish is an executive. His son perhaps? The board seem to have been involved in banking in the past, mainly in Ireland. Not sure if that means anything to anyone, but I couldn't see any initial connections to the Barnet spiv.

Archived