• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

I'd take nearly all the list before Mcleish. Football is all about opinions and mine on Alex is pretty poor.

Either us could choose examples from his past to paint him in a certain light, he won everything in Scotland and has a promotion on his cv but I'd expect this to turn out more like his last championship job (lasted 40 days!)

That's similar expectation with many managers and this ownership but I'd rather stick with Irvine if we want someone who just gives more chance of staying up. AMs hardly going to turn this round, he won't get time from the fans because of the style of football and players he will pick.

We aren't going to find the next Hughes or Howe, Dyche etc etc hiring multiple failures. I'd sooner take the risk on a young rookie with Irvine around if things quickly go tits up!

Despite everything that's gone on, AM = zero ambition, excitement etc. If it could get worse, giving him the job would be an example for me.

Blimey! We agree! 😅😊

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we should rush into this manager malarkey. We need to really take our time and get it right. In fact.....

You can't hurry, love, you just gotta wait, it's a game of give and take......I'll get me coat.

Actually, Diana Ross is a better candidate to all those on our shortlist, bar Warnock.

I believe she's well regarded in the football world actually. I heard that a lot of players in the modern era have studied her game. Chris Brown for example spent years perfecting her shooting technique which she demonstrated to the world in world cup 94. He's never managed to break the goal with a miss though. Only a few hearts.

Totally agree. McLeish is very much yesterday's man and sacked from Zamalek because he couldn't cut it in Egypt. I hope we would avoid at all costs.

A ginger lad, working in Egypt is always going to have a painful ending.

Mcleish sides have always been as dour as his voice.

Dull. In the man's own image.

Hire him. Prepare to fail.

Not that i want him but i remember once Villa played at Ewood whilst he was manager and they played us off the pitch, think we still beat them.

Steady on here! No more Diana Ross lyrics. You know what it's like on this message board. I wouldn't want you to find yourself in the middle of some sort of chain reaction.

I urge you to Stop! ( in the name of love!)

Where Did Our Club Go?

It's almost certainly going to be a rubbish appointment. Whoever he is he will fail. A trio of Jose, Ferguson and pep would fail under the scum. This club is finished. Can't survive with the venkys "leadership" and can't survive without their money. Doomed

Doomed to admin or liquidation.

Venkys don't care, it was never about football to them.

McLeish? This is from the Wikipedia site about his Villa tenure -

"The reasons cited for his termination were the poor results and style of play used throughout his term as manager.[65]McLeish currently holds the record for being statistically the worst manager of Aston Villa, with a win percentage of only 21.4%"

Remi Garde must have that honour now, surely?

People said they want an experience appointment and surely McLeish fits that bill?

He has won promotion with Birmingham.

He has won trophies managing Rangers and Hibs in Scotland.

In England he won league cup with Birmingham City.

People said they want an experience appointment and surely McLeish fits that bill?

He has won promotion with Birmingham.

He has won trophies managing Rangers and Hibs in Scotland.

In England he won league cup with Birmingham City.

TBH his record and experience is a whole lot better than Slade Joyce etc

chaddy ...give it a rest stop sticking up for venkys.!!! its ok saying your fed up with them.It does not wash. No matter what they do ,they could strip you naked on the centre circle and tar and feather you and you will sing ______ _________ blue n white army (even kean ).You would even say Vinjay would be a good manager if the slumdogs picked him.

When I saw the name McLeish I thought, "Oh no!"

It reminded me of the day I got a phone call from my mate who is a trotters fan. He said that Venkys had sacked Big Sam and appointed Gary Megson. I was astounded. Fortunately the second part he'd made up.

I bet you now, a pound to a penny, that our next manager will be Gary Megson. God help us all.

Watching this playoff final really brings it home. We've gone from an ambitious manager who wanted to get us there to trying to convince some no mark youth team coach to take over and whats worse is some seem fairly positive about it!

Disgusts me.

Relegation battle next season without doubt.

chaddy ...give it a rest stop sticking up for venkys.!!! its ok saying your fed up with them.It does not wash. No matter what they do ,they could strip you naked on the centre circle and tar and feather you and you will sing ______ _________ blue n white army (even kean ).You would even say Vinjay would be a good manager if the slumdogs picked him.

Where have I sticking up for Venkys? Please read my post again I would suggest again.

Also when did I say I sing Kean Blue and White army???

I would suggest you look at my post and show me where I said this???

You just make stuff up again to suit your argument yet again.

I will be attending next season and backing my team even tho I dont the owners or what they done to our proud great club!!!

Archived