• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

It wasn't too long ago that I was mentioning Mcleish as an option. I did have a bit of reasoning behind it but it doesn't seem so valid now after his more recent poor performances in management.

I'll call it the Steve Bruce theory. Before Bruce went to hull he had experienced a bad time at Sunderland after a poor end to his time at Wigan. At the time he was damaged goods and nobody would touch him. I think we may have even been discussing managers on here at the time and any mention of Bruce was shot down. He's turned it around and has just got promoted again with Hull.

I was looking at Mcleish's stats in a similar way. After great success at Rangers and a decent record at Birmingham he had a bad run at Villa. At this stage it seemed like he could be one of those managers who was put on the scrap heap after one bad run. However he's had another three appointments since then and really not excelled. However his most recent appointment did end with him on a 60% win percentage which seems pretty good.

In short, he wouldn't be my choice as manager but if it's him or Redfern he becomes a more attractive option.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't too long ago that I was mentioning Mcleish as an option. I did have a bit of reasoning behind it but it doesn't seem so valid now after his more recent poor performances in management.

I'll call it the Steve Bruce theory. Before Bruce went to hull he had experienced a bad time at Sunderland after a poor end to his time at Wigan. At the time he was damaged goods and nobody would touch him. I think we may have even been discussing managers on here at the time and any mention of Bruce was shot down. He's turned it around and has just got promoted again with Hull.

I was looking at Mcleish's stats in a similar way. After great success at Rangers and a decent record at Birmingham he had a bad run at Villa. At this stage it seemed like he could be one of those managers who was put on the scrap heap after one bad run. However he's had another three appointments since then and really not excelled. However his most recent appointment did end with him on a 60% win percentage which seems pretty good.

In short, he wouldn't be my choice as manager but if it's him or Redfern he becomes a more attractive option.

If it was you or Redfern, you become the more attractive option, Ricky!

Very good post that Ricky.

Every manager appointment is a risk.

He has experience of this league and that what we need.

He walked out on Forest when they failed to sign Boyd from Peterbrough now at Burnley.

I'm not saying he is great but decent option.

He is similar to Holloway in terms having success at some clubs and failed at some aswell.

Can I respectfully suggest that the pair of you put each other on ignore.

Your wasting your breath mate. "But he gets quoted and everything" is the retort. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the sooner these two sleep together the better, for all our sakes.

I think Zamalek are one of the biggest teams in Africa, let alone Egypt, and should dominate their country's league. They're like an African Bayern Munich so they should do well whoever is in charge. So McLeish winning a lot of games there is no real surprise, and it is a very different situation to us.

I think managing Rovers can't be compared to any other club.

Joyce obviously could sign loanees from Man Utd. Being their other reserve team is so depressing idea.

McLeish has once walked away from a club not supporting him enough. He wouldn't stay after the first transfer window is closed.

The job will be David Dunn's before the new year.

This is just me speculating but I wonder whether the recommendations from Pasha/Cheston have been made to owners but other people such as Pini Zahavi who has a direct line to Mrs Desai is trying to push forward people that he represents to them and I can bet there are other agents (Not Kentaro) who are doing the same hence we have a situation whereby Cheston/Pasha fully expected a decision last week and things have been delayed.

Of course I could be completely wrong but there is certainly something more to this delay as I have been told that Pasha thought that he would have a decision early last week as it was meant to be just a rubber stamping process.

This is just me speculating but I wonder whether the recommendations from Pasha/Cheston have been made to owners but other people such as Pini Zahavi who has a direct line to Mrs Desai is trying to push forward people that he represents to them and I can bet there are other agents (Not Kentaro) who are doing the same hence we have a situation whereby Cheston/Pasha fully expected a decision last week and things have been delayed.

Of course I could be completely wrong but there is certainly something more to this delay as I have been told that Pasha thought that he would have a decision early last week as it was meant to be just a rubber stamping process.

Isn't Pasha linked to Kentaro Kamy? Therefore perhaps they are a little wary of accepting his views alone. Then again, why is he still at the club, when we were led to believe that the owners have rid themselves of everything related to that lot and are trying to sue them?

Betting odds, let them jumble around a big longer then see where the money is !

So they have a rep in Ewood but still don't listen to him because of other "advisors" Beggars belief.

Similar stuff probably happens at every manager appointment, the difference is that our owners aren't competent enough to filter out the charlatans.

Similar stuff probably happens at every manager appointment, the difference is that our owners aren't competent enough to filter out the charlatans.

Also, it will happen at other clubs but the faffing about part of the process there takes them a matter of days, we are heading towards a month now. We are such a woeful club.

None of these names mentioned excite. But what good does excitement do for you. There was excitement for a refreshed manager who had travelled Europe learning from the best of the best and that grand experiment went tits up.

There is an old saying that the best ad is the one that runs. Stop screwing around looking for perfection and choose someone. Valuable prep time is being lost. Graham is still interested but someone will snap him up soon.

I have almost reached the stage of not giving a monkey's.

I got there 24 hours after Lambert left. Nothing to do but wait and see. Anyone who can avoid a relegation battle will do.

I got there 24 hours after Lambert left. Nothing to do but wait and see. Anyone who can avoid a relegation battle will do.

Rotherham brought in Warnock to avoid relegation.

What are the chances of us bringing in somebody with similar magical powers.

The most likely option is surely Irvine and loads of crossed fingers. And by loads, that's obviously 50,000 less than last season.

Archived